• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

Manuelasparkles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I have another question about the final boss in Bowser's inside story on the 3DS. That would be Dark Bowser and the dark virus guy. How do players defeat the dark virus guy inside dark bowser?

Reactions: Alexander1970

John135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Its not a 3DS flashcart. It is for DS games and for ntrboot. And ntrboot is only done once. After that the cart can be switched to "D" (DS game mode).
I would prefer playing (S)NES games on the 2|3DS. Emulators are far better and the resolution of the DS is too low.

2. Custom firmware does nothing to legit game carts and legit eShop purchases. Works like before.

Thanks for that information, helped me understand a bit more.
I look around, but can only find a few sites that sell the 'R4i Gold 3DS Plus', and some seam to be ‘sold out/out of stock‘ most of the time.

nds-card
Digitopz (related to dgchips ?)
Newegg (“Ships from China”) [unknown if I need to worry about that or not)
R43ds @ org
r4isdhc

I also read, may have been an old post, that eBay and Amazon are NOT suppose to sell them, but I can find them if I dig a bit, so that’s bit confusing if those are an option to get it from them or not.

So, just for verification, the only things I need to get is:
1 - Get the ‘R4i Gold 3DS Plus‘, NOT the ‘Dual-Core’ or ‘LITE’ version right?
1b - Any site I SHOULD or SHOULDN'T”T go threw, or are those sites I listed all ok to use?

2 - A mSD card, If I want to use something other then the 8GB I already have in my 2DS, right?

After get those, I just need to follow the 3DS guide and I’m set?

Thanks again and sorry for all the questions!
I’m trying to read the guides also, so I don’t ask too many questions and bother you all ;)

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that information, helped me understand a bit more.
I look around, but can only find a few sites that sell the 'R4i Gold 3DS Plus', and some seam to be ‘sold out/out of stock‘ most of the time.

nds-card
Digitopz (related to dgchips ?)
Newegg (“Ships from China”) [unknown if I need to worry about that or not)
R43ds @ org
r4isdhc

I also read, may have been an old post, that eBay and Amazon are NOT suppose to sell them, but I can find them if I dig a bit, so that’s bit confusing if those are an option to get it from them or not.

So, just for verification, the only things I need to get is:
1 - Get the ‘R4i Gold 3DS Plus‘, NOT the ‘Dual-Core’ or ‘LITE’ version right?
1b - Any site I SHOULD or SHOULDN'T”T go threw, or are those sites I listed all ok to use?

2 - A mSD card, If I want to use something other then the 8GB I already have in my 2DS, right?

After get those, I just need to follow the 3DS guide and I’m set?

Thanks again and sorry for all the questions!
I’m trying to read the guides also, so I don’t ask too many questions and bother you all ;)
I didn't read your previous posts, but is there a reason you aren't using the Seedminer method instead? It's free and doesn't require a flashcart.

kinvaras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have an eur 3ds and luma . I play cia eur Pokemon and impossible to update it via Nintendo shop . And when I'm looking for cia update it says global . Should I download it ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hey y'all I have a 3dsxl eur and luma I tried to update Pokemon ultra sun and x it's impossible they're on the same region than my 3ds .

When I'm looking for cia update it's says global . Is it good ?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

supergrobi327

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone,

I hope I am right here. I have a little question about Powersaves. At zelda OoT, the hearts option is "refill". When I choose this, the hearts are not automatically refilled. Do I have to press buttons or how does it work? It's the same at link between worlds. Can you maybe help me there? That would be great. excuse my bad English

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone,

I hope I am right here. I have a little question about Powersaves. At zelda OoT, the hearts option is "refill". When I choose this, the hearts are not automatically refilled. Do I have to press buttons or how does it work? It's the same at link between worlds. Can you maybe help me there? That would be great. excuse my bad English
wrong thread my friend. perhaps take a look at the other 3ds forums and people will be better equipped to help you out. https://gbatemp.net/forums/3ds-games-content.199/ might work for you.

Reactions: supergrobi327

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
wrong thread my friend. perhaps take a look at the other 3ds forums and people will be better equipped to help you out. https://gbatemp.net/forums/3ds-games-content.199/ might work for you.
more along the lines of wrong site. we have no access to such codes or programs that datel uses for powersaves. There are cheat features of the 3ds with ntr cheats. but nothing affiliated with datel in any way.

John135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't read your previous posts, but is there a reason you aren't using the Seedminer method instead? It's free and doesn't require a flashcart.
Really? I was under the impression that you needed one to softmod the system, now I’m confused again.
Also, from what I understand, after reading about it, Seedminer requires my 2DS to be between v11.12.0 - v11.13.0.

0 - I only have one 2DS, reading the 'presentation' of Seedminer, you need a 2nd 3DS system for the 'DSiWare Transfer method'...that's part of the Seedminer method, I think....or was that just one thing it could be?! I'm confused even more now.

1 - My system is at v1.13.0-45U, so I didn’t think it would work, or am I wrong?

2 - The first bit of instructions for Seedminer, say to do the “DSiWare Management Test (used for unSAFE_MODE)”
* Go to System Settings, then “Data Management”, then “DSiWare” and it’s suppose to crash, BUT it shows the screen just fine, so I’m VERY confused on what to do first anyway.

3 - Reading about it, it sounds like I upload a unique key of my system to a sever in a step somewhere (still trying to find out when I do this) in the guide to do some work to crack/inject some code.
That sound a bit worrying to me, only because I’d worry Nintendo might find/get that info from the site and I’d be banned or something.
(BUT if I’m wrong on this part, then just ignore this worrying point.)

4 - I was also under the impression that the I needed a flashcard so I can play eShop game and using a flashcard did the littlest modification to the system, so if I ever have a problem, it’s easily fixed.
(I read here and there some users after they soft-mode there system, they can’t remove it, BUT again I could be worried wrongly.)
Are the eShop/rom files put onto my mSD card I already have in it?

5 - Besides the steps and one doesn’t need a flashcard, any major differences between the ‘Seedminer’ method and the flahscard/ntrboot’ method I should be aware of?
Or do both methods do about the same thing, no different limitations or anything?

Sorry again for long post from such a simple question.

Last edited by John135,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? I was under the impression that you needed one to softmod the system, now I’m confused again.
Also, from what I understand, after reading about it, Seedminer requires my 2DS to be between v11.12.0 - v11.13.0.

0 - I only have one 2DS, reading the 'presentation' of Seedminer, you need a 2nd 3DS system for the 'DSiWare Transfer method'...that's part of the Seedminer method, I think....or was that just one thing it could be?! I'm confused even more now.

1 - My system is at v1.13.0-45U, so I didn’t think it would work, or am I wrong?

2 - The first bit of instructions for Seedminer, say to do the “DSiWare Management Test (used for unSAFE_MODE)”
* Go to System Settings, then “Data Management”, then “DSiWare” and it’s suppose to crash, BUT it shows the screen just fine, so I’m VERY confused on what to do first anyway.

3 - Reading about it, it sounds like I upload a unique key of my system to a sever in a step somewhere (still trying to find out when I do this) in the guide to do some work to crack/inject some code.
That sound a bit worrying to me, only because I’d worry Nintendo might find/get that info from the site and I’d be banned or something.
(BUT if I’m wrong on this part, then just ignore this worrying point.)

4 - I was also under the impression that the I needed a flashcard so I can play eShop game and using a flashcard did the littlest modification to the system, so if I ever have a problem, it’s easily fixed.
(I read here and there some users after they soft-mode there system, they can’t remove it, BUT again I could be worried wrongly.)
Are the eShop/rom files put onto my mSD card I already have in it?

5 - Besides the steps and one doesn’t need a flashcard, any major differences between the ‘Seedminer’ method and the flahscard/ntrboot’ method I should be aware of?
Or do both methods do about the same thing, no different limitations or anything?

Sorry again for long post from such a simple question.
0. You don't need a second system. Follow this guide:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/seedminer

1. Seedminer works on 11.13.

2. The test is not supposed to crash.

3. Nintendo isn't going to get any identifying information, and nothing you're uploading goes to Nintendo.

4a. It is true that ntrboot with a compatible DS flashcart can be used to recover from almost any brick. However, once you have B9S installed using the Seedminer method, you can also recover from just about any brick as long as B9S isn't altered or removed. The odds of you needing an ntrboot flashcart for brick recovery are very small, and in the highly unlikely event that you do need one, you can buy one then.

4b. You should not use a flashcart to play 3DS games, for various reasons. Regardless of how you install B9S, you will install games from CIA files to the SD card. There will be no flashcart. In addition, if you had a flashcart for ntrboot, you would only be able to use that kind of flashcart for DS games, not 3DS games.

4c. You always have the choice of removing B9S and CFW, but there will never be any reason to do so, and it's not recommended.

5. Both methods accomplish the same thing: installation of B9S. Once B9S is installed, you can use Luma3DS, homebrew etc. All you need to do is follow this guide:
https://3ds.hacks.guide/seedminer

Last edited by Lacius,

Devil_EG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, i'm wanting to mod my 3ds and run CFW. so far i have been using 3ds/hacks/guide(I cant post hyperlinks yet)

My Firmware is 4.3.0-4U on my 3ds. I am following the guide exactly step by step but my problem lies when I go to nintendo 3ds sound and try to open <3 nedwill 2016 , I get some text on the top but a few seconds later get forced to restart the 3ds. I have installed all the correct files. Can anyone steer me in the right direction or help me so that i can at least boot up boot9strap. Thank you everyone in advance.

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Hello everyone, i'm wanting to mod my 3ds and run CFW. so far i have been using 3ds/hacks/guide(I cant post hyperlinks yet)

My Firmware is 4.3.0-4U on my 3ds. I am following the guide exactly step by step but my problem lies when I go to nintendo 3ds sound and try to open <3 nedwill 2016 , I get some text on the top but a few seconds later get forced to restart the 3ds. I have installed all the correct files. Can anyone steer me in the right direction or help me so that i can at least boot up boot9strap. Thank you everyone in advance.

Official guide says "This may take many tries", Seems like You have to do few more tries.

btw, Is there any specific reason You have to use Soundhax? If you upgrade your 3DS to currently recent version(11.13.0) You can use Seedminer exploit.

Devil_EG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Official guide says "This may take many tries", Seems like You have to do few more tries.

btw, Is there any specific reason You have to use Soundhax? If you upgrade your 3DS to currently recent version(11.13.0) You can use Seedminer exploit.
Thank you for the reply, I have tried over 100s of tries and still it does not working, all it does is boot up to a black screen with text and then forces me to restart. I was thinking about upgrading to 11.13.0 and using seedminer, if i go to the setting in the 3ds and chose to do a software update is it guaranteed to update to 11.13.0, i'm asking this because the 3ds does not tell you what firmware it will update to it just says that it will update.

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Thank you for the reply, I have tried over 100s of tries and still it does not working, all it does is boot up to a black screen with text and then forces me to restart. I was thinking about upgrading to 11.13.0 and using seedminer, if i go to the setting in the 3ds and chose to do a software update is it guaranteed to update to 11.13.0, i'm asking this because the 3ds does not tell you what firmware it will update to it just says that it will update.

Ah, that's a shame.

and Yes, it should as long as It's the current latest version(11.13.0-45 according to google- Mine has been updated to 11.13.0-39 but seedminer did the trick). I upgraded my N3DS XL to get 11.13.0 too.

Devil_EG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, that's a shame.

and Yes, it should as long as It's the current latest version(11.13.0-45 according to google- Mine has been updated to 11.13.0-39 but seedminer did the trick). I upgraded my N3DS XL to get 11.13.0 too.
Okay, looks like I will be updating my 3ds now and I will try seedminer once updates and let you know how everything went, and again thank you soo much for your help, your the best❤️

Reactions: KokoseiJ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM