• Start date
  • Views 4,420,423
  • Replies 53,760
  • Likes 43

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh no! Why?? I have asked this so many times and nobody answered this question yet. Where does this idea come from? Something does not work → "Let's delete everything!"
I know it sounds offensive. This is not my intention! I'm genuinely interested in understanding that. So many people react this way if something doesn't work and I don't get it. Why would deleting everything repair any damage?

Because, sometimes it works for many simpler systems, for example digital cameras.
The idea is to format the memory in its native environment by using the device which will use it.
I do not have any technical understanding beyond this, so this is the most I can explain. :)

1. Follow the A9LH → B9S guide with your 16GB SD card. If you had A9LH it should survive "Format System Memory" and the guide should work. Everything is explained there.
So, I should start from the very beginning of the guide?
Is it OK if I start the guide even though my 3DS boots into OFW right now?
wouldn't it be better if I could boot into CFW Luma v5.5 before using the guide?

thank you for your help.

Reactions: Alexander1970

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
My 3DS used CFW from 2016 and I wanted to update it to B9S and current Luma.
I tried to follow the https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s but I found out that my 32GB sdcard is broken.
every file I copy into it disappears. I still could used my 3DS though. it seems that I just could not write.
My plan was to format it by using the 3DS because my laptop failed to do so.

Unfortunately, I did factory reset my 3DS accidentally because I thought that would reset my SDcard only. Now my 3DS boot into OFW Sys 11.0.0-33U.
I still have FBI icon and it is functioning.
Pressing Power+Select brings me to Luma config menu, Luma v5.5.
Pressing Power+Start brings me to Hourglass9. It stops at Initialization: success!

Now I used 16GB and dumped everything from that broken card except the big-sized folder named Nintendo 3DS.
I created a folder named Nintendo 3DS though and copy Nintendo 3DS/Private folder.

Can someone point me on which step on the guide I should start?

Continuing my post above.
I am in the first step of this guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup.
Is it save to do System Update?
I am still in OFW, can someone tell me how to boot into Luma CFW?

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
Continuing my post above.
I am in the first step of this guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup.
Is it save to do System Update?
I am still in OFW, can someone tell me how to boot into Luma CFW?
Yes, it is safe to do a system update. Check if you are already in the right version, too. If not, update. If you are ABOVE the version listed, don't update and continue with the guide.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How do I use decrypted for CITRA CIAs on an actual 3DS with CFW?
Those are CIA's meant for the Citra emulator, not the actual 3DS

I have a feeling I know where you got them, but we cannot talk about the place here. You should be able to find NON-decrypted cias.

If there is no non-decrypted cias, then you are out of luck for that game/app.

Reactions: avocado

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it is safe to do a system update. Check if you are already in the right version, too. If not, update. If you are ABOVE the version listed, don't update and continue with the guide.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have a feeling I know where you got them, but we cannot talk about the place here. You should be able to find NON-decrypted cias.

I did not update and proceed with the guide.
I finished all the steps.
But it still boots to OFW by default and the Nintendo 3DS Sound app crahses now.

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
I did not update and proceed with the guide.
I finished all the steps.
But it still boots to OFW by default and the Nintendo 3DS Sound app crahses now.
Can you tell me where everything seemingly went wrong? And if possible, link me to the step, too. That way I can see if you did something wrong.

When you follow the instructions. You need to follow them EXACTLY. That is the only way you can get CFW.

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you tell me where everything seemingly went wrong? And if possible, link me to the step, too. That way I can see if you did something wrong.

When you follow the instructions. You need to follow them EXACTLY. That is the only way you can get CFW.

I followed this guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup
The only step that I skipped is Section 2.

When in Section IV - Installing CIAs, DSP1 somehow was not installed.
I tried to open Nintendo 3DS Sound app but it shows "An exception occured".
Then, I installed DSP1 again. this time successfully.

I follow everything, I can go into homebrew launcher, but it still boot into OFW Sys 11.0.0-33U.

btw, How do I know whether the 3DS boot into CFW or OFW? my 2016 knowledge tells me if it written like Sys 11.0.0-33U, this is OFW. I forgot the format for CFW but for sure there was no "Sys"

Last edited by avocado,

Okra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, I'm looking for AVGN Adventures :-/

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
I followed this guide https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup
The only step that I skipped is Section 2.

When in Section IV - Installing CIAs, DSP1 somehow was not installed.
I tried to open Nintendo 3DS Sound app but it shows "An exception occured".
Then, I installed DSP1 again. this time successfully.

I follow everything, I can go into homebrew launcher, but it still boot into OFW Sys 11.0.0-33U.

btw, How do I know whether the 3DS boot into CFW or OFW? my 2016 knowledge tells me if it written like Sys 11.0.0-33U, this is OFW. I forgot the format for CFW but for sure there was no "Sys"
When you hack your 3DS, the version number/display will change to Sys {ver no}. That's how you know it worked. You say that you can launch Homebrew? If that's so, follow the steps told AFTER you launch the Homebrew title for the first time again.

Another, most of this could be less of a problem. As, unless you are actively using the sound app, you wont need it.

You are already using cfw if you can boot into homebrew. That is cfw. Assuming you have godmode and all of that, too.

Have you tried installing any other homebrew titles? Specifically the ones mentioned in the guide? Note, the guide is old and the pictures used are not up-to date. So what you see might be different.

Last edited by slimbizzy,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you hack your 3DS, the version number/display will not change. You say that you can launch Homebrew? If that's so, follow the steps told AFTER you launch the Homebrew title for the first time again.

Another, most of this could be less of a problem. As, unless you are actively using the sound app, you wont need it.

You are already using cfw if you can boot into homebrew. That is cfw. Assuming you have godmode and all of that, too.

Have you tried installing any other homebrew titles? Specifically the ones mentioned in the guide? Note, the guide is old and the pictures used are not up-to date. So what you see might be different.
It will. it will show Sys 11.13 instead of Ver 11.13. Its one thing that will allow you to know that its been done correctly.

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
It will. it will show Sys 11.13 instead of Ver 11.13. Its one thing that will allow you to know that its been done correctly.
Right. Yeah I actually just saw that, sorry for the misunderstanding. Hopefully Avocado notices your comment, too.

I'll actually just edit it, too

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
Like Lonewolf said, the Sys version will stay there. It is on mine, too.

If you have successfully used the VC injector, you're fine and you did everything right.

alright then.
thank you.
I hope everything is fine by now.
I just need to do the system update which I have been trying to without success.

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
alright then.
thank you.
I hope everything is fine by now.
I just need to do the system update which I have been trying to without success.
You shouldn't need to do a system update either way.
Unless you are missing titles, such as Streetpass Mii Plaza or something, you can update with success.

I don't know WHY that might be happening, but sometimes you don't actually need to do something. Are you in dire need of updating the system?

Also, when you update the system do you mean you are updating Luma or the actual system through System Settings?

Everything SHOULD be fine. And if it isn't, the chances of you finding a solution are very high.

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
You shouldn't need to do a system update either way.
Unless you are missing titles, such as Streetpass Mii Plaza or something, you can update with success.

I don't know WHY that might be happening, but sometimes you don't actually need to do something. Are you in dire need of updating the system?

Also, when you update the system do you mean you are updating Luma or the actual system through System Settings?

Everything SHOULD be fine. And if it isn't, the chances of you finding a solution are very high.

every online feature I want to use asks me to do system update.
Otherwise, I cannot use them.

What I mean is system update though System Setting.
I have the latest Luma update.

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
every online feature I want to use asks me to do system update.
Otherwise, I cannot use them.

What I mean is system update though System Setting.
I have the latest Luma update.
Did you try restarting the DS? And are you connected to the internet, too? I would assume you are but you never know.

If all else fails, try looking into the FAQ of the guide you used, and even asking around on this site and the Discord server provided.

I am not the absolute BEST with this sort of stuff, especially when I do not know exactly what you are seeing and experiencing you know?

avocado

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you try restarting the DS? And are you connected to the internet, too? I would assume you are but you never know.

If all else fails, try looking into the FAQ of the guide you used, and even asking around on this site and the Discord server provided.

I am not the absolute BEST with this sort of stuff, especially when I do not know exactly what you are seeing and experiencing you know?
I did restart, change internet setting, and of course the 3DS is connected to the internet. still, it cannot update.
thanks though.

Reactions: slimbizzy

slimbizzy

call me watchu want
Trophies
Website
linktr.ee
XP
Country
Canada
I did restart, change internet setting, and of course the 3DS is connected to the internet. still, it cannot update.
thanks though.
Okay, glad to see you know the basic trouble shooting methods.

But yes, the best idea is to go ask people who know EXACTLY what they are doing, yknow?

Good luck man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol