• Replies 53,765
  • Likes 43

Wolfenpilot687

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Alright, I've had this question for years now, but I've withheld from asking because it had been a non-issue for years now, but considering my DSi is getting old and bad...
Is there a way to transfer saves from DSiWare on a DSi to a 3DS? Either through System Transfer (or a hacked variant of) or having to buy the game again (but being able to get my old save into the new copy). Whatever is simpler.

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I've had this question for years now, but I've withheld from asking because it had been a non-issue for years now, but considering my DSi is getting old and bad...
Is there a way to transfer saves from DSiWare on a DSi to a 3DS? Either through System Transfer (or a hacked variant of) or having to buy the game again (but being able to get my old save into the new copy). Whatever is simpler.
There's a 3DS transfer tool to download from the dsi shop app. Despite being closed, it's still available. I believe this transfers all compatible dsi games and the saves for them!

Wolfenpilot687

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's a 3DS transfer tool to download from the dsi shop app. Despite being closed, it's still available. I believe this transfers all compatible dsi games and the saves for them!
Heyo. Yeah, it does transfer games, but it definitely wipes the saves. That's my main problem. I was looking for a homebrew solution to work around this.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First: I had a similar problem. I just wanted to transfer games, not saves.
Seconds: I have done it successfully - with a save to test if this also works: It does.
Third: My method is so extremely ridiculous and lengthy that I assume I must have had to complex thoughts (I'm just starting to get into DSi topics). This is why it took me so long to reply on this. If you are interested in the method, send me a PM. I will not describe it here in public. And it requires Homebrew access on the DSi.
Heyo. Yeah, it does transfer games, but it definitely wipes the saves. That's my main problem. I was looking for a homebrew solution to work around this.
The transfer app seems to transfers the just licenses server side so you are allowed to re-download your games on the 2/3DS. I could not believe it, but you are right about this. This arbitrary limitation can be found on the support pages. Transfer from 2/3DS to another 2/3DS DOES move DSiWare saves.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

ngc1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a new 3ds xl firmware 11.9.0-42U looking to cfw it without a flashcart im new to this so can anyone point me in the right way please i have experience modding i have modded my wii old ds and other systems just new to the 3ds modding scene and looking to get into it thanks

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a new 3ds xl firmware 11.9.0-42U looking to cfw it without a flashcart im new to this so can anyone point me in the right way please i have experience modding i have modded my wii old ds and other systems just new to the 3ds modding scene and looking to get into it thanks
On 11.9, your only other option is seedminer. Use the guide here: https://3ds.hacks.guide/seedminer

Last edited by ClassyDragon,
Reactions: GilgameshArcher

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply now what about if i got a flashcart is it like the old days of the ds where i could throw roms on it and play on the system or is that not how things work now for the 3ds?
Depends on the flashcart. The 3ds has a built-in whitelist of some flashcarts, although they stopped updating it after a while. You can also update some of the older flashcarts to make them work, although it might require another ds that doesn't have the whitelist. Generally if you buy a new flashcart, it should work just fine and will play DS roms and Homebrew just fine.

ngc1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Depends on the flashcart. The 3ds has a built-in whitelist of some flashcarts, although they stopped updating it after a while. You can also update some of the older flashcarts to make them work, although it might require another ds that doesn't have the whitelist. Generally if you buy a new flashcart, it should work just fine and will play DS roms and Homebrew just fine.
I have read this flashcart is the way to go https://nds-card.net/ProShow.asp?ProID=575 now what i wanna know is does this flashcart allow me to place 3ds roms on it and play them or should i just save my money and go down the cfw root on my 3DS

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read this flashcart is the way to go https://nds-card.net/ProShow.asp?ProID=575 now what i wanna know is does this flashcart allow me to place 3ds roms on it and play them or should i just save my money and go down the cfw root on my 3DS
This does not allow you to play 3ds roms

Only a sky3ds does, save your money and get cfw

Reactions: Quantumcat

redps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brunei
Anyone have sky3ds (blue button) template file? the file has no mirrors and the site is down permanently, I already contacted sky3ds regarding this problem as all files under the download section is no longer accessible.

and do I have to press the blue button without the button when setting up for the first time, I'm using my old sky3ds blue because I want to restore a save file that I backed up a long time ago.

I used a template generator to generate rf4 template and used it as a sole template with diskwriter, it did work, the sky3ds flashes repeatedly and stops, but no game is displayed. tried re-inserting, the same thing happened.

is there any hope for me to restore the save to cia, I spent a long time on that save (just rune factory 4)

Last edited by redps,

MeowMilk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
question: i read somewhere that NTR 3.4 allows you to dim your screen beyond the standard 3ds settings. I already have Luma3DS, can I add NTR too? or will they just mess eachother up? or is there an alternative that allows me to dim the screen further? on the lowest brightness the 3DS screen is still quite bright imo

asukachan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New 2dsXL with Luma3ds v9.1 installed.
I'm wanting to install TWiLight Menu++ (https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3d...r-ds-i-games-and-ds-i-menu-replacement.472200) so I can install nds games, but I don't have a flash cart. Is getting nds games on my 2ds possible without a flash cart, and on my current version of Luma? I'm unsure if Luma is considered CFW..I'd ask on the thread for TWiLight Menu++ but I don't want to spam the thread with my probably dumb questions, lol.
If I can't play them without a flash cart, could I be directed towards which flashcard I'd need to be able to play them? Thank you<3 (

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a New 2dsXL with Luma3ds v9.1 installed.
I'm wanting to install TWiLight Menu++ (https://gbatemp.net/threads/ds-i-3d...r-ds-i-games-and-ds-i-menu-replacement.472200) so I can install nds games, but I don't have a flash cart. Is getting nds games on my 2ds possible without a flash cart, and on my current version of Luma? I'm unsure if Luma is considered CFW..I'd ask on the thread for TWiLight Menu++ but I don't want to spam the thread with my probably dumb questions, lol.
If I can't play them without a flash cart, could I be directed towards which flashcard I'd need to be able to play them? Thank you<3 (
You can install TWiLight Menu as a .cia and use the ndsbootstrap to play DS games without a flashcart. There are some instructions for setting it up in the link that you posted. :)

IceBlueLugia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So basically I downloaded some games off of freeshop and played through them, but then I got a new 3DS and did a system transfer. However when the data was done transferring I was surprised to see that all the games I got off of freeshop were gone. I put a lot of time into some of these games, is there any way to get the data back?

D

Deleted User

Which controllers are compatible with input redirection (Rosalina)? I own a PS4 controller and only works if I map it like an xinput (xb360) with ds4windows. The controller itself doesn’t work natively

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So basically I downloaded some games off of freeshop and played through them, but then I got a new 3DS and did a system transfer. However when the data was done transferring I was surprised to see that all the games I got off of freeshop were gone. I put a lot of time into some of these games, is there any way to get the data back?
Surprised?

Anyway, you need faketik.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I got myself 2DS after a my old broke. So a few questions. It is on 11.4 right now. Is 11.9 the latest version aka can I just update it via the menu to then use Seedminer?

Second I still got the stuff that was on my old systems SD card. Is there any way to restore the save files to the new system?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night