Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Completly forgot that Ninjhax is just userland. One thing for the first installation the stock SD card could be ok? I ask becouse at the moment i use a a different SD card on my current systen, so i don't know if the stock SD card (normaly is 4GB if im not mistake) is enough for the initial installation and system transfer (becouse i wanna maintain my NNID, unless there is a extra way for de-link the account so can be linked to the new console easy).
If you are going to do a system transfer anyway, you could install it by transferring (you may need to buy a game for $2 if you don't have a DSiWare game already): https://web.archive.org/web/20181225195026/https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection) Whichever way you do it, make sure to back up your tickets on the old system before you start, so you can inject them in the new system and make your games appear.

But yes a 4GB SD card should be enough. You could unmount it while in GodMode9 and put in a bigger capacity one for making a NAND backup, then unmount that and put your original one back in.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Not sure if this is a n00b question(s) or not (BUT it probably is) so...I would like to know how I can transfer my saves from Gateway to CIA. I'm tired of dealing with it and just wanna throw it out...now my problem is my sysNAND is 11.6 (I think) while my emuNAND is 11.2. And the problem is my emuNAND lacks access to a cia installer. So I'm not sure if I can get the JKSM to function in gateway mode. And another problem is I can't find some of the saves of my games. I checked all of the .sav files and they still didn't show up HOWEVER i had quite a few that when I typed it into the 3ds database came back with title id doesn't exist...so I'm assuming its one of them. I appreciate any help I can get. Sorry for bothering all of you.

Last edited by smile72,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Not sure if this is a n00b question(s) or not (BUT it probably is) so...I would like to know how I can transfer my saves from Gateway to CIA. I'm tired of dealing with it and just wanna throw it out...now my problem is my sysNAND is 11.6 (I think) while my emuNAND is 11.2. And the problem is my emuNAND lacks access to a cia installer. So I'm not sure if I can get the JKSM to function in gateway mode. And another problem is I can't find some of the saves of my games. I checked all of the .sav files and they still didn't show up HOWEVER i had quite a few that when I typed it into the 3ds database came back with title id doesn't exist...so I'm assuming its one of them. I appreciate any help I can get. Sorry for bothering all of you.

Follow this https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/

If you need to use JKSM or FBI in Gateway mode you can use the .3ds version of FBI to install the cia of JKSM. https://github.com/steveice10/fbi/releases (in the zip)

Reactions: smile72

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Follow this https://gbatemp.net/threads/importing-gateway-saves-to-cia-games.425743/

If you need to use JKSM or FBI in Gateway mode you can use the .3ds version of FBI to install the cia of JKSM. https://github.com/steveice10/fbi/releases (in the zip)
Awesome thanks! Sorry to bother you again Quantumcat but I've heard I can change .3ds to .cia (using God Mode??? (not sure what it is)) would that help me be able to decipher which save files are which as I would then have the Title ID of the games I'm looking to transfer. Again sorry for bothering.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Awesome thanks! Sorry to bother you again Quantumcat but I've heard I can change .3ds to .cia (using God Mode??? (not sure what it is)) would that help me be able to decipher which save files are which as I would then have the Title ID of the games I'm looking to transfer. Again sorry for bothering.
JKSM should do that for you when you select to save the decrypted save file. The .sav itself if its not for a 3ds game is encrypted and you wanna rip that file open with jksm.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
JKSM should do that for you when you select to save the decrypted save file. The .sav itself if its not for a 3ds game is encrypted and you wanna rip that file open with jksm.
I'm not quite sure I get what you mean. Can JKSM tell me which sav files are which while they are still encrypted? The reason I ask is because I don't know which game the .sav file belongs to.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country

PedroKeitawa

Trophies
Website
natsunokaze.altervista.org
XP
Country
Italy
If you are going to do a system transfer anyway, you could install it by transferring (you may need to buy a game for $2 if you don't have a DSiWare game already): https://web.archive.org/web/20181225195026/https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware-game-injection) Whichever way you do it, make sure to back up your tickets on the old system before you start, so you can inject them in the new system and make your games appear.

But yes a 4GB SD card should be enough. You could unmount it while in GodMode9 and put in a bigger capacity one for making a NAND backup, then unmount that and put your original one back in.

At the moment i don't have any game, just some VC inject one, on the console i currently use. So i think im gonna just back up their save file and re install them after the transfer. I think is ok, don't know for sure, for me to just do the mod first and back up later after the transfer (obviusly in the same day) so i can have the time to format the microSD i currently using and put the file in and then do the backup NAND.

I think im gonna go for the mod, depending on the FW version i get from the console, the moment i set up the system. Becouse i don't think i can know for sure what FW the 2DS Xl currently have untill i start the console.

Last edited by PedroKeitawa,

Youser

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, if I have a console that hasn’t been updated since when Freeshop was still working, would Freeshop still work?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
god no. ninty screwed freeshop server side. firmware of console you own dont mean a thing.
If anything, newer would be better IF freeshop used system functions for downloading (which it does, if you use background mode) AND had an original ticket for the title you're installing
I get Error opening save archive when I try to import a save file. Am I doing something wrong???
Did you run the destination game for long enough to create a save? (Most but not all will do that by the time you get to the title screen)

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Try older versions of JKSM, Checkpoint, or SaveDataFiler (Nintendo SDK, search elsewhere).
If anything, newer would be better IF freeshop used system functions for downloading (which it does, if you use background mode) AND had an original ticket for the title you're installing

Did you run the destination game for long enough to create a save? (Most but not all will do that by the time you get to the title screen)
Thank you both for your help. I actually figured it out earlier today. I thought the game had initiated a save file however it hadn't. So I had to play for a bit. Sorry but I have a question. So I finally got the Title ID of one of the games...and THE .sav file isn't anywhere. BUT yet when I run the game on gateway...no problems. What should I do?

EDIT: Nevermind...finally found it YAY! Thank you to everyone~!

Last edited by smile72,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe this is a little obscure, but I was looking at my "extdata" folder on my SD card out of curiosity. According to https://hax0kartik.github.io/3dsdb/ , I can probably geuess that the folder 00000000\00000218 is Mii Plaza. But there are so many folders that I can't identify, namely 00000210, 00000217, and 00000219. Is there another database I should consult? Or am I completely wrong?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Kwyjor

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe one of you smart people can help me. I followed the official 3ds hacking guide for 11.9 cfw, everything is working just fine except for one thing. GM9 will not show up upon booting the system while holding start. I followed everything exactly in the guide. i have the latest Luma files and the latest GM9. Has anyone else had this problem on the New 3DS (Mario white edition)?

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe one of you smart people can help me. I followed the official 3ds hacking guide for 11.9 cfw, everything is working just fine except for one thing. GM9 will not show up upon booting the system while holding start. I followed everything exactly in the guide. i have the latest Luma files and the latest GM9. Has anyone else had this problem on the New 3DS (Mario white edition)?
Have you copied the boot.firm to the system NAND? I had this issue a long time ago when for whatever reason it was booting from that instead and ignoring the payloads on my SD card. You could try manually updating your SD's boot.firm and trying again.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you copied the boot.firm to the system NAND? I had this issue a long time ago when for whatever reason it was booting from that instead and ignoring the payloads on my SD card. You could try manually updating your SD's boot.firm and trying again.
i do indeed have my boot firm in my ctrnand, I will put it back on the sd card and see if that works

ClassyDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do indeed have my boot firm in my ctrnand, I will put it back on the sd card and see if that works
i see. if you're booting from ctrnand but the payloads are on your sd card, they won't read unfortunately. you can put the payloads on the ctrnand as well but I've never tried that before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool