• Likes 43

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
kindly
Nope not work. And sd card is not faulty, i bought a new 8gb sd card to check yesterday and result is the same with both. Console i can confirm is hacked i already used it for about a year.

I think like annson said before shadownand kick in when bootup, do i just need to do what he said(rename the bin file and put it in the homebrew/3ds folder), does it work for any version of shadownand? Because i forgot what version is mine
Yes, shadownand doesn't load the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of the sd card, it loads up boot.bin in the homebrew/3ds folder. In order to use luma's chainloader you should have luma3ds's payload (arm9loaderhax.bin) inside homebrew/3ds folder and rename it as boot.bin. OR you could just use the safeb9sinstaller.bin, rename it as boot.bin and place it inside homebrew/3ds folder; that will make your 3ds boot straightly to safeb9sinstaller even without pressing any button at startup.

All this is assuming you really are on snand.

Youabra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1st question in quote, no idea. 2nd question in quote, read the Ctuluhu thread and if you can't find the answer, ask in that thread. Question in this post, refresh home menu icon cache with Ctuluhu.
Try freeShop.
I deleted the Cecbox app in fbi (I made sure to make a Nand Back up just in case), and nothing happened, so i guess that's one problem down (and streetpass seems to work fine, since i was able to Homepass without problems). Same with the FBI icon problem. So thanks!

TimoCT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Today I did it, and by "it" I mean screwed up my n3DS.

Basically I had Luma 6.6, tried to update with the updater and couldn't, so I went and loaded the SD with the new files and somehow managed to get Luma 8.1 without switching to b9s. Things weren't going to plan so I did something stupid and formatted the device, thinking that installing the XFW from scratch would be faster.

Basically I still have a9hl on Sys 11.2.0-35E, I can access the Luma 8.1 configuration page and only that, no payloads, nor can I inject FBI or restore NAND without being able to boot a payload. What can I do at this point?

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Today I did it, and by "it" I mean screwed up my n3DS.

Basically I had Luma 6.6, tried to update with the updater and couldn't, so I went and loaded the SD with the new files and somehow managed to get Luma 8.1 without switching to b9s. Things weren't going to plan so I did something stupid and formatted the device, thinking that installing the XFW from scratch would be faster.

Basically I still have a9hl on Sys 11.2.0-35E, I can access the Luma 8.1 configuration page and only that, no payloads, nor can I inject FBI or restore NAND without being able to boot a payload. What can I do at this point?
How is that even possible when luma3ds above v7.0.5 are .firm payloads and a9lh only loads .bin payloads.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

TimoCT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How is that even possible when luma3ds above v7.0.5 are .firm payloads and a9lh only loads .bin payloads.

That I ignore, honestly. In fact, that's how I know it was a screw up. Tha fact is that I'm only able to access the 8.1 configuration page and nothing else, which may or may not be caused by the formatting.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
That I ignore, honestly. In fact, that's how I know it was a screw up. Tha fact is that I'm only able to access the 8.1 configuration page and nothing else, which may or may not be caused by the formatting.
Just revert back to luma v6.6 and follow this https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s. That will install boot9strap over a9lh, with that you can update luma3ds to the latest version.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: TimoCT

TimoCT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just revert back to luma v6.6 and follow this https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s./QUOTE]
I'll try again, last time I did I used a copy of the files I had on the SD before I messed up and wouldn't get the chainloader. This time I'll just download all the files from the sources, maybe that'll do the trick.

Edit: I've successfully loaded GodMode9, but there was no sign of the chainloader or SafeB9Installer. Should I go ahead and restore from NAND before doing anything else?

Last edited by TimoCT,

TimoCT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just revert back to luma v6.6 and follow this https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.
Everything went rather smoothly, though I did not encounter the SafeB9Installer I figured that if I was accessing the 8.1 configuration page I must have somehow installed b9s on my first attempt. Since I had formatted before, I then followed the CFW installation guide to install FBI and the rest of the .cia.

Thank you very much for the help, it was sorely needed!

Reactions: annson24

GreenGriffin5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Open FBI, select install cia, go to gm9out and select the cia, then install cia or if you want to delete the cia when it's installed install and delete cia.
That is what I had heard, but I can't find a link that works with 11.4.0? Does it all work with everything?

lastikman

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I recently bought an R4 (R4 SDHC Dual Core 2017) to play old DS games on my 3DS. I run the latest firmware on my 3DS and it has never been on CFW. Will I get banned by Nintendo while playing DS games? I usually remove the internet connection settings or turn off the internet when I play. Here's the photo of the R4 I am using: http://i.imgur.com/V1ELhXd.jpg

Yuuki Tera

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
I can ask questions about Hacking your 3DS and such right? So I have 3DS SysNAND Ver.7.1.0-14E, I installed my Gateway 3DS card on this device and then after a while a lot of games started not working, So I went in emuNAND and did a system Update while I had my Internet turned of, it told me update is done restarted and now I am stuck on a black screen everytime I open the Gateway site, This is the situation now for the question. I've seen a lot of sites and videos talking about Boot9strap and A9LH and as an extreme noob I just need to be spoon fed everything T_T. I've read Plailect’s guide but I just can't make heads from tails of what I need to do. I did the otherapp sound thingy but it froze the system and brought me back to the home screen and then I read that apparently I don't need to do it if my 3DS is hacked. So my question is can someone guide me through it or link me to a place where there is someone who can/will, I tried a lot of guides but I just can't get where do I start everyone uses A9LH and I think that that's the same as GW but then again I just really don't want to mess this up :( I would immensely appreciate any sort of help. Thank you :bow:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can ask questions about Hacking your 3DS and such right? So I have 3DS SysNAND Ver.7.1.0-14E, I installed my Gateway 3DS card on this device and then after a while a lot of games started not working, So I went in emuNAND and did a system Update while I had my Internet turned of, it told me update is done restarted and now I am stuck on a black screen everytime I open the Gateway site, This is the situation now for the question. I've seen a lot of sites and videos talking about Boot9strap and A9LH and as an extreme noob I just need to be spoon fed everything T_T. I've read Plailect’s guide but I just can't make heads from tails of what I need to do. I did the otherapp sound thingy but it froze the system and brought me back to the home screen and then I read that apparently I don't need to do it if my 3DS is hacked. So my question is can someone guide me through it or link me to a place where there is someone who can/will, I tried a lot of guides but I just can't get where do I start everyone uses A9LH and I think that that's the same as GW but then again I just really don't want to mess this up :( I would immensely appreciate any sort of help. Thank you :bow:
Also to add I have another 3DS Ver 9.8.0-25U and honestly I'd prefer if I can use this 3DS rather than the Europe one, I did use my Gateway card on this one for a while but my Sis updated the system and GW stopped working on it because the version was too high, but if I can install B9S on this or just go back to use this I would love nothing more :sad:

Last edited by Yuuki Tera,

Gitaroo

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, got a clean new 3ds xl on fw 11.2 still is it still hackable since you have to connect online with the cfw installation at some point irc? Is it better if I reformat my system and remove my nnid before any hacking with the ban wave going on?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi: pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise