• Replies 53,760
  • Likes 43

calvin-scones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont want to keep posting, but I've gotten no responses so far...

Working on downgrading an 11.0.0-33u n3ds, I got through the 3ds.guide page on how to downgrade NFIRM, and verified the kernel and firm to be 2.50-11.

The next step is the 9.2.0 downgrade correct? nimSM (freezes at terminating FS module) and SysDowngrader (crashes to glitched out screen) both crash when attempting svchax. I followed all of the instructions, but maybe theres something missing?

gerkyo38

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi,someone help me please,i have a problem with the game steel diver sub wars in my o3ds with arm9+luma3d,i need to do the dsi downgrade to another 3ds,but im testing the game before the transfer,when im going to open the game without the update,the game cant open,it say that a error have ocurred and need to close,i dont understand why i get this error if i always have been used this game without problem to get access to the HBL in the target 3ds,someone that can help me please?

i need to redownload the game again?

Last edited by gerkyo38,

-=oopeteroo=-

Trophies
XP
Country
following the guide on https://3ds.guide/ to flash my new3dsxl japan from 9.9 with customfirmware......

''What you need
  • The Homebrew Launcher and an entrypoint (such as browserhax)''
which hombrew launcher and entrypoint is recommended? can anyone link me ?

-=oopeteroo=-

Trophies
XP
Country
during downgrade while installing files, the 3ds frooze. And and after turning it off and on again its just black screen....what do i do now ?

''If sysDowngrader crashes at any point during the downgrade (which can happen occasionally), you can power off the system by holding the power button. You will be left with what’s called a “partial downgrade” or “partial”, which is recoverable.

Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning of Section II and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of sysDowngrader, but you must replace browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin on your sd card with the one for 9.2.0 on your region (rename the downloaded ropbin to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin)'' where do i put this file on sdcard ? dont know where browserhax are located and couldnt find it when searchinng...please help

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
during downgrade while installing files, the 3ds frooze. And and after turning it off and on again its just black screen....what do i do now ?

''If sysDowngrader crashes at any point during the downgrade (which can happen occasionally), you can power off the system by holding the power button. You will be left with what’s called a “partial downgrade” or “partial”, which is recoverable.

Although a partially downgraded system may show 9.2.0 as the system version, you are not done. You must restart from the beginning of Section II and downgrade a second time to install any files that were not installed. browserhax will work for partial downgrades as long as you are using the recommended version of sysDowngrader, but you must replace browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin on your sd card with the one for 9.2.0 on your region (rename the downloaded ropbin to browserhax_hblauncher_ropbin_payload.bin)'' where do i put this file on sdcard ? dont know where browserhax are located and couldnt find it when searchinng...please help

The guide states..

1. Press (Y) to downgrade to 9.2.0
    • If it freezes while attempting svchax, power off your 3DS by holding the power button and try again (this can take many tries)
  2. Wait; do not touch anything even if it appears to freeze
  3. If, after around 30 seconds, it is still frozen, it is safe to power off and try again
If you powered it off before AT LEAST 30 seconds had passed then I'm pretty sure you fucked up. Either way the browserhax part has nothing to do with you getting black screen. How do you expect to access browser if you can't even open the console? Sounds to me like you bricked.

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can i flash others nand back up on another 3ds using hardmod?
No, because backups are unique to their 3dses.
following the guide on https://3ds.guide/ to flash my new3dsxl japan from 9.9 with customfirmware......

''What you need
  • The Homebrew Launcher and an entrypoint (such as browserhax)''
which hombrew launcher and entrypoint is recommended? can anyone link me ?
Browserhax seems to be the best, as it is free. What do you mean by what is the best homebrew launcher? There's only one.

Dont want to keep posting, but I've gotten no responses so far...

Working on downgrading an 11.0.0-33u n3ds, I got through the 3ds.guide page on how to downgrade NFIRM, and verified the kernel and firm to be 2.50-11.

The next step is the 9.2.0 downgrade correct? nimSM (freezes at terminating FS module) and SysDowngrader (crashes to glitched out screen) both crash when attempting svchax. I followed all of the instructions, but maybe theres something missing?
What is your entrypoint for homebrew?

Last edited by NintenDavid,

H3RET1K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
followed the guide for a n3ds until step V where I have to inject FBI. After I dump to hs.app and try to inject all I have to choose from is hs.app... been stuck for over an hour. plz halp. followed all the steps so far to my knowledge

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
followed the guide for a n3ds until step V where I have to inject FBI. After I dump to hs.app and try to inject all I have to choose from is hs.app... been stuck for over an hour. plz halp. followed all the steps so far to my knowledge
What model and region is your 3ds?

H3RET1K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What model and region is your 3ds?
n3ds small/US, i just ended up dumping the hs app, used the universal app generator, and renamed it hs.app before injecting. Now it worked, I remember doing it that way the first time but I feel the guide has skipped steps or something. :/

Last edited by H3RET1K,

Fougeta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello, i'm willing to buy an new 3DSXL and thinking of trying to install arm9LH CFW by myself and I've read that if the console is on firmware 11.0.0 or above the only way to do that is by making an hardmod. So my question is, if i buy my console now what firmware will i get on the update? I really don't want to go on the trouble of hardmodding the console since I am really bad at this.

Last edited by Fougeta,

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, i'm willing to buy an new 3DSXL and thinking of trying to install arm9LH CFW by myself and I've read that if the console is on firmware 11.0.0 or above the only way to do that is by making an hardmod. So my question is, if i buy my console now what firmware will i get on the update? I really don't want to go on the trouble of hardmodding the console since I am really bad at this.
Unfortunately, most(if not all) consoles nowadays are 11.0 or above.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

n3ds small/US, i just ended up dumping the hs app, used the universal app generator, and renamed it hs.app before injecting. Now it worked, I remember doing it that way the first time but I feel the guide has skipped steps or something. :/
Ok, bit just to be informative, the guide did say to select the one for your region, so in your case you were suppose to select FBI_v2.4.2_N3DS_USA_injectable.app.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If the console has too high a firmware just take it back for an exchange or refund. The best way to guarantee the firmware of your console is to buy a brand new limited edition console (as you know what it will come with). Obviously do research first to see what they come with.

3rdamention

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to update an installed CIA, using the EShop, what exactly do you have to do? I have heard about making sure the CIA is the same region as your system. Do you go to the game page first, then go back to the game's bubble and update it? I am not having any luck.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you want to update an installed CIA, using the EShop, what exactly do you have to do? I have heard about making sure the CIA is the same region as your system. Do you go to the game page first, then go back to the game's bubble and update it? I am not having any luck.
When you go to play a game, it will say something like Y to update, A to launch. Press Y.

Or you can install the update with freeShop by looking at your list of installed games.

Fougeta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Unfortunately, most(if not all) consoles nowadays are 11.0 or above.

Aww that's awful. :/

If the console has too high a firmware just take it back for an exchange or refund. The best way to guarantee the firmware of your console is to buy a brand new limited edition console (as you know what it will come with). Obviously do research first to see what they come with.

Good news, can you tell me what do you think about New 3DS(not XL but i'm ok with that) Super Mario 3D Land American Limited Edition? I've done a little research and found this on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4ymmpx/new_nintendo_3ds_with_super_mario_3d_land/

It says that the firmware is on 10.7.0-32U, would I still need to hardmod it?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Aww that's awful. :/

Good news, can you tell me what do you think about New 3DS(not XL but i'm ok with that) Super Mario 3D Land American Limited Edition? I've done a little research and found this on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/4ymmpx/new_nintendo_3ds_with_super_mario_3d_land/

It says that the firmware is on 10.7.0-32U, would I still need to hardmod it?
10.7 and below means you don't need an NFIRM downgrade (hardmod or DSiWare downgrade).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all