• Views 4,439,049
  • Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I recently a9lh'd my o3ds and installed the latest LUMA cfw. I've followed everything as detailed in the guide. So currently a9lh + luma (sysnand)

I am looking to give it to someone, I'd like to know if he decides to format/factory reset via settings, could the console brick/lose a9lh, or will it reset as a normal console would.

I have, of course, made and kept all backups/files created and used during the a9lh installation on my hard disk and cloud. Also, I have specifically told my friend that the SD card must not be formatted without backing up all relevant files.

Also, I'd like to know, by what methods could a noob brick/uninstall a9lh accidentally? I recently came across a thread where someone deleted CTRNAND via FBI and hardbricked(?). Anything else I should watch out for?

Anyone?

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he formats via system settings, A9LH will still be there. Also, to answer your other question, he could restore a backup that is forced to remove A9LH, and as long you tell him to stay away from Decrypt9, Hourglass9, or especially GodMode9, the noob won't be able to brick it.

Reactions: satan89

niño de cobre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm on the same step and after deleting the folder and reinserting the SD in the 3DS it says to press START and reboot, but now the 3DS is stucked on a black screen! HELP
you need to delete the subfolder of your region

EUR Region: Delete 00000098
JPN Region: Delete 00000082
USA Region: Delete 0000008f
CHN Region: Delete 000000A1
KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
TWN Region: Delete 000000B1​

DieguinhoMeteBala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
you need to delete the subfolder of your region

EUR Region: Delete 00000098
JPN Region: Delete 00000082
USA Region: Delete 0000008f
CHN Region: Delete 000000A1
KOR Region: Delete 000000A9
TWN Region: Delete 000000B1​
I did it, but for some reason there was 2 of the 32 character ID folders with a subfolder of my region. Now it's solved, thx!

Now that it's done and a9lh + Luma are installed, wich extra files from the files9 folder can I delete? (I'm scared of deleting everything but what is said in the tutorial, too much thing to be deleted lol)

niño de cobre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I did it, but for some reason there was 2 of the 32 character ID folders with a subfolder of my region. Now it's solved, thx!

Now that it's done and a9lh + Luma are installed, wich extra files from the files9 folder can I delete? (I'm scared of deleting everything but what is said in the tutorial, too much thing to be deleted lol)
i only deleted NANDmin.bin from files9 folder, just follow the guide and everything will be gucci

JordenNixNix

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Just to be 100% sure, a quick question

Can I restore a nand backup (sysnand) that I made with gateway 3ds menu with decrypt9/hourglass9 while keeping a9hl?

(Same 3ds system of course)
I messed up the eshop application.
It's get stuck on the 3ds logo when launched. I get a backup of my nand but it was made by Gateway 3ds menu before I got a9hl.

And another noobish question.
I know what a NAND backup is.
But I was wondering if I could restore a nand backup to sysnand from another 3ds sysnand, since it's possible to restore a (formatted) emunand to sysnand with it?

Last question.
What happens when a nand restore failed, or a corrupted nand is restored or another 3DS sysnand (same as previous question) is restored? Would I still be able to restore it. Or would you be fully bricked assuming that A9hl is installed in this situation and that I chose to restore keeping A9hl?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
And another noobish question.
I know what a NAND backup is.
But I was wondering if I could restore a nand backup to sysnand from another 3ds sysnand, since it's possible to restore a (formatted) emunand to sysnand with it?

Last question.
What happens when a nand restore failed, or a corrupted nand is restored or another 3DS sysnand (same as previous question) is restored? Would I still be able to restore it. Or would you be fully bricked assuming that A9hl is installed in this situation and that I chose to restore keeping A9hl?
We are able to restore an emunand's nand backup into a sysnand's nand and the other way around because emunand, at the beginning, is created as a copy of your sysnand. Using a nand backup (emunand or sysnand, does not matter) into a different system (emunand or sysnand), will result in a brick.

As for the eshop issue, I don't know... maybe you can uninstall it and let it install via system settings -> update or wait to other users to give better options,because i'm not sure of this either

Mr_Charlie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New question here:

DISCLAIMER: I didn't know if this was worthy enough for its own thread so I posted it here. Any help and info is appreciated.

I own a CFW Old 3DS and a New 3DS XL. Both systems are on 11.2.0-35. I want to install CFW on the N3DS because of it's better capabilities. I tried to follow Plailect's guide but I am stuck on the NFIRM Downgrade since it's not possible to System transfer to an O3DS from a N3DS. Reason I need to do that is because all the required software is installed in my N3DS. (I was not aware of CFW and A9LH back then) I have no soldering experience so hardmodding is off-limits. What should I try do to get CFW on my system?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
New question here:

DISCLAIMER: I didn't know if this was worthy enough for its own thread so I posted it here. Any help and info is appreciated.

I own a CFW Old 3DS and a New 3DS XL. Both systems are on 11.2.0-35. I want to install CFW on the N3DS because of it's better capabilities. I tried to follow Plailect's guide but I am stuck on the NFIRM Downgrade since it's not possible to System transfer to an O3DS from a N3DS. Reason I need to do that is because all the required software is installed in my N3DS. (I was not aware of CFW and A9LH back then) I have no soldering experience so hardmodding is off-limits. What should I try do to get CFW on my system?

I don't understand your question. You have a CFW O3DS and you want to get CFW on N3DS. To do this you system transfer FROM the O3DS. Of course you can transfer from O3DS to N3DS so I don't see what the problem is?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand your question. You have a CFW O3DS and you want to get CFW on N3DS. To do this you system transfer FROM the O3DS. Of course you can transfer from O3DS to N3DS so I don't see what the problem is?
They have stuff on their n3DS that they don't want to lose. They'll lose that stuff if they transfer from the o3DS to the n3DS. That's their problem.

Their only solution is to get another n3DS, put CFW on it, then transfer from their old n3DS to their new n3DS.

satan89

Trophies
XP
Country
India
If he formats via system settings, A9LH will still be there. Also, to answer your other question, he could restore a backup that is forced to remove A9LH, and as long you tell him to stay away from Decrypt9, Hourglass9, or especially GodMode9, the noob won't be able to brick it.

Will format via system settings remove the arm9loaderhax.bin file that was placed in CTRNAND?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
They have stuff on their n3DS that they don't want to lose. They'll lose that stuff if they transfer from the o3DS to the n3DS. That's their problem.

Their only solution is to get another n3DS, put CFW on it, then transfer from their old n3DS to their new n3DS.

I'm not sure that's what he said. What he said is that "required software" is on the N3DS. But re-reading it now, he has CFW installed on O3DS but it's not A9LH+Luma. You can't do the system transfer exploit without A9LH+luma right? As I see it, his only option is to buy an used 2DS + possibly a game for an entry point and A9LH+Luma that console, then use it to ST. Used 2DS's are pretty cheap, too. I mean it could be used O3DS too, but 2DS is cheaper.

He's from the US though so he could also send the console to a a trustworthy modded here at GBATemp to get it hardmodded.

Will format via system settings remove the arm9loaderhax.bin file that was placed in CTRNAND?

I don't remember but even if it did, you could just add it back there.

Last edited by Distrance,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure that's what he said. What he said is that "required software" is on the N3DS. But re-reading it now, he has CFW installed on O3DS but it's not A9LH+Luma. You can't do the system transfer exploit without A9LH+luma right? As I see it, his only option is to buy an used 2DS + possibly a game for an entry point and A9LH+Luma that console, then use it to ST. Used 2DS's are pretty cheap, too. I mean it could be used O3DS too, but 2DS is cheaper.

He's from the US though so he could also send the console to a a trustworthy modded here at GBATemp to get it hardmodded.

If he does that though (buy 2DS + game), he loses the "required software" that's on his n3DS. A system transfer TO his n3DS will make him lose what's on it.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

DieguinhoMeteBala

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i only deleted NANDmin.bin from files9 folder, just follow the guide and everything will be gucci
Now I'm trying to install some themes with CHMM 2.8 and it finds the themes but I can't install or even preview then, when I touch the screen the error 2176 shows up, any ideas? It also freezes whenever I press R.

Edit: Solved it. Themes were in the wrong place (separete folders for each one of them).

Last edited by DieguinhoMeteBala,

Mr_Charlie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To clarify, I do have A9LH + Luma on the O3DS.

The required software is The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition. It's needed for the NFIRM Downgrade part of installing A9LH+Luma.
Link: https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade-(save-injection-and-second-3ds)

It's required on the source console (O3DS). I currently have it installed on the target console (N3DS).

I could also use other DSI Software that I already own with this guide (https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade-(app-injection-and-second-3ds)) but I would still need access to my NNID which is linked to the N3DS.

I was hoping to System Transfer N3DS -> O3DS so the software is placed where it's required.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The required software is The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition. It's needed for the NFIRM Downgrade part of installing A9LH+Luma.

It's required on the source console (O3DS). I currently have it installed on the target console (N3DS).

I could also use other DSI Software that I already own with this guide (https://3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade-(app-injection-and-second-3ds)) but I would still need access to my NNID which is linked to the N3DS.

I was hoping to System Transfer N3DS -> O3DS so the software is placed where it's required.

You could do that. But then you'd have to wait for 7 days for another System Transfer.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Okay, so by ST'ing from N3DS to O3DS you'd get the game required for NFIRM downgrade, and you would then wait 7 days to ST back to then hack the N3DS. I see what you mean, but it's impossible, as there is literally no way you can ST from a N3DS to an O3DS. Even if it was possible, would it be worth for just $2? Just do the normal DSiWare downgrade hack, and buy a compatible DSiWare game for a mere $2 on the O3DS.

Once you ST from O3DS to N3DS and complete the hack, you can then format the N3DS to re-link the old NNID and still retain Zelda on that console for whatever reason you may need it for.

You could do that. But then you'd have to wait for 7 days for another System Transfer.

No, he literally could NOT. He can't ST from a N3DS to an O3DS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person