• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

odyssy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So just bought a 3DS (a new 3DS, specifically.. might trade it in for a new 3DS XL.. haven't decided).
System software version is 10.7.0-32U. Does this restrict what flashcarts are available to me? At first glance, the only one I may be able to use is Sky3ds (which may be the best way to go anyway.. but the cart is a bit pricey). Am I correct or mistaken in this belief?

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
So just bought a 3DS (a new 3DS, specifically.. might trade it in for a new 3DS XL.. haven't decided).
System software version is 10.7.0-32U. Does this restrict what flashcarts are available to me? At first glance, the only one I may be able to use is Sky3ds (which may be the best way to go anyway.. but the cart is a bit pricey). Am I correct or mistaken in this belief?

This is the perfect firmware without needing DSIWareHax or hardmod to downgrade, follow the guide and you can use .cias for games and go online without no hassle. With both GW/SKY3DS you need a private header to go online but with .cias you don't plus they're free

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
By the "guide" he means https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
It has changed locations but there is a link to the new location where I just linked.
Haven't memorised the new location yet :-p

A.B.C

Trophies
XP
Country
3dsgateway provide how to set up as PDF but it seem to be missing a lot if you compare it to this vid

His installation method seem to be full version with bug fix ,more complicated and also more in depth. Just 1 thing I don't really understand his language at all and his file in link may be outdated file so I was worry that I may get brick if I make any mistake so can you explain how to do exactly like him in english every step. Thank you

Last edited by A.B.C,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
3dsgateway provide how to set up as PDF but it seem to be missing a lot if you compare it to this vid

His installation method seem to be full version with bug fix ,more complicated and also more in depth. Just 1 thing I don't really understand his language at all and his file in link may be outdated file so I was worry that I may get brick if I make any mistake so can you explain how to do exactly like him in english every step. Thank you
Do you have A9LH installed in your console? You want to launch Gateway?
This is the guide for you, NOT vídeo guides:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/page-12#post-6771190

OR, maybe you should tell more about what you have (console type, FW version, running Emunand or CFW, A9LH or menuhax, etc...)

A.B.C

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have A9LH installed in your console? You want to launch Gateway?
This is the guide for you, NOT vídeo guides:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/page-12#post-6771190

OR, maybe you should tell more about what you have (console type, FW version, running Emunand or CFW, A9LH or menuhax, etc...)

I only have gateway 3.7.1 installed on EU nds 9,2 long time ago my current emunand is 10,4 with mset nothing more (pure and standard)
Guy in the vid i mention he also edit arm9 file and he also provide some extra file which gw officail site dont provide

New question

1. Can I installed NTR viewer on my current gateway emunand and play on pc like guy this vid

2, Is it really good to install everything like this guy do

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...r_the_first_time_and/?st=iv00l24i&sh=6fb20c4b

Last edited by A.B.C,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I only have gateway 3.7.1 installed on EU nds 9,2 long time ago my current emunand is 10,4 with mset nothing more (pure and standard outdated too)
Guy in the vid i mention he also edit arm9 file and he also provide some extra file which gw officail site dont provide

New question

1. Can I installed NTR viewer on my current gateway emunand and play on pc like guy this vid

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/c...r_the_first_time_and/?st=iv00l24i&sh=6fb20c4b

iirc, NTR doesn't work in GW mode, but I could be wrong.

earwaxking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys so I have a N3DS running on 11.0.0. and want to update to 11.2 so I can play online and such without going through the homebrew menu. I followed this tutorial (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...s-full-menuhax-rednand-autoboot-setup.432499/). I saw that the latest hourly build of Luma supports 11.2 so how would I go about updating without screwing up my cfw. Also is it worth taking the time to convert to a9lh and if so where do start on the tut? and if I want to would I just delete everything from sd card and start over?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
hey guys so I have a N3DS running on 11.0.0. and want to update to 11.2 so I can play online and such without going through the homebrew menu. I followed this tutorial (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...s-full-menuhax-rednand-autoboot-setup.432499/). I saw that the latest hourly build of Luma supports 11.2 so how would I go about updating without screwing up my cfw. Also is it worth taking the time to convert to a9lh and if so where do start on the tut? and if I want to would I just delete everything from sd card and start over?
If you do the a9lh guide, start from the beginning and don't delete anything.
To update, update your Luma to latest hourly or stable 6.3.1 then update your emuNAND through System Settings.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

earwaxking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do the a9lh guide, start from the beginning and don't delete anything.
To update, update your Luma to latest hourly or stable 6.3.1 then update your emuNAND through System Settings.
Ok thanks. I'm having an issue tho. So when I go into system settings I dont see EMU before the version number. I remember from the guide that I shouldn't update unless I see that.

Also as far as the a9lh guide. How do I go about booting into sysNAND to see my version number? You say not to delete anything, should I just overwright what ever is on my SD card Currently?

EDIT (booted with no sd card and see im on 9.2

Last edited by earwaxking,

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I only have gateway 3.7.1 installed on EU nds 9,2 long time ago my current emunand is 10,4 with mset nothing more (pure and standard)

New question

Sorry, but don't really know much about NTR.
And Gateway pure, for that matter.

If you want to install A9LH, and then run NTR from CFW, then I can give you some guidelines.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok thanks. I'm having an issue tho. So when I go into system settings I dont see EMU before the version number. I remember from the guide that I shouldn't update unless I see that.

Also as far as the a9lh guide. How do I go about booting into sysNAND to see my version number? You say not to delete anything, should I just overwright what ever is on my SD card Currently?

EDIT (booted with no sd card and see im on 9.2
Hold Select on boot and make sure that the version string option in Settings is ticked. Don't update unless you see emu.

To boot into sysNAND you can do what you did or hold the button that makes you boot into sysNAND (you would have chosen this when you set up menuhax).

And yes overwrite anything that you have to, but make a backup of your SD contents before you start in case you change your mind partway through, then it's easier to go back to how you had things.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
@Quantumcat Have you installed the new sd-less a9lh? Do you recommend it?
From the luma thread I've read that it's now stable enough, just that it only works with hourly luma (that isn't deemed as stable yet)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?