proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
no problem was that clear enough i can put it better if you need lol was just quickly typing and the part where you put your nail just to get a better idea it is on the left and right of the back directly under the l and r buttons and then just an inch to the left and or right

Yeah that was fine I understand clearly enough c: - cheers though, I see also FTP thing is viable?

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm gonna ask it here, seems the right place to do it, if not, i start apologizing mods.
This past weeks, i've started to read that now you can install tickets to your console.
If i understood it properly, that means we can install valid tickets to our 3DS's and they can be downloaded from eShop and they are not going to be deleted when re-entered to it? That means they are legit now? Anyone could provide me some clear FAQ about this tickets?

Thank you!!!

tommzy09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DS Flashcards wont brick your 3ds.

Well it did brick my old 3ds in a weird way. It would come up with a blue screen on bootup and stay like that. Only fix i knew at the time was to fully drain the battery, then after that, no mattet what i had running, if i closed my 3ds or pressed the home button, it woukd crash and then on the next boot up i would get a blue screen. Was very annoying and the main reason i got rid of my old 3ds.

Just making sure this wouldn't be the case again.

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Well it did brick my old 3ds in a weird way. It would come up with a blue screen on bootup and stay like that. Only fix i knew at the time was to fully drain the battery, then after that, no mattet what i had running, if i closed my 3ds or pressed the home button, it woukd crash and then on the next boot up i would get a blue screen. Was very annoying and the main reason i got rid of my old 3ds.

Just making sure this wouldn't be the case again.
What kind of ds flashcard did you use back then?
I've never had any problems with my Supercard DSTwo and r4i gold

tommzy09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What kind of ds flashcard did you use back then?
I've never had any problems with my Supercard DSTwo and r4i gold

It was a DSTwo. I always had the latest version. Was just weird what had happened to my old 3ds atm with the flashcart.

I'm really wondering if luma cfw blocks the check for ds flashcarts just incase. I don't want the same annoying problem again.

FTRBND

Waifu
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
It was a DSTwo. I always had the latest version. Was just weird what had happened to my old 3ds atm with the flashcart.

I'm really wondering if luma cfw blocks the check for ds flashcarts just incase. I don't want the same annoying problem again.
What do you mean by ds flashcards check? Nintendo stopped patching flashcards quite some time ago

eggyroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you don't need a flashcart anymore. it's useless now...
don't update to Firmware 11 before doing the guide.
use the guide on my signature to downgrade and install a9lh
you will be able to install roms\homebrew etc

if you really want a card. i suggest you sky3ds..
gateway is useless now.
Hey thanks so much for the info i been using your guide, at the moment im at part 2 step 22 , i have attempted multiple times to backup SysNAND to sysNAND.bin and it keeps failing at 30%. not sure what to do

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey thanks so much for the info i been using your guide, at the moment im at part 2 step 22 , i have attempted multiple times to backup SysNAND to sysNAND.bin and it keeps failing at %30. not sure what to do
not his guide lol. what error is it giving you when it fails also how much free space do you have on your sd card?

Reactions: migles

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Hey thanks so much for the info i been using your guide, at the moment im at part 2 step 22 , i have attempted multiple times to backup SysNAND to sysNAND.bin and it keeps failing at %30. not sure what to do
make sure you got enough space on your sd card and that the card is good..
if you want to know the health of the sd card, backup it. format it and use https://sosfakeflash.wordpress.com/h2testw/ to test your sd card
to use this tool the sd card should be clean, this will test if the card is "silently" corrupting the files...

Last edited by migles,

Kilarity

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I make my 3DS automatically boot into EmuNAND or ReiNAND? It just boots into Homebrew Launcher, then I have to go to ReiNAND, which sometimes won't start by that way.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I make my 3DS automatically boot into EmuNAND or ReiNAND? It just boots into Homebrew Launcher, then I have to go to ReiNAND, which sometimes won't start by that way.
either use a bootmanager or replace the boot.3dsx that is on the root of your sd card with the one from reinand. the failed boots is because of menuhax, using a9lh will get rid of that

eggyroll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When the steps tell me to "Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings" they want me to go to other settings then go all the way to the right to system update? (only if emu is in front of my version number )

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

You use CTRBootManager/BootCTR/A9LH to boot automatically boot into your CFW.

It doesn't have a 100% boot rate.

When the steps tell me to "Update your RedNAND to the latest version using system settings" they want me to go to other settings then go all the way to the right to system update? (only if emu is in front of my version number )

Yes, only update if Emu is in front of your version number.

Rick Astley

The real one !
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi
(Yes I'm back), it's not really a problem but more a question about simplicity between cia / ticket.
I'm on holidays (i've waited for that before downloading everything on my a9lh 3DS) and I'd like to know what's better between these two options. Because it seems like it's very difficult (for me at least) to find many cia for everything (so updates etc), but ticket can be dangerous in the future if Nintendo checks no ?

Thanks o/

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok i'll throw my shot again. I want to run homebrew on 4.5 but I only have rxtools as an entrypoint thru browser but it can't run homebrew it seems. What is my best bet from here? Browserhax does not seem to work.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok i'll throw my shot again. I want to run homebrew on 4.5 but I only have rxtools as an entrypoint thru browser but it can't run homebrew it seems. What is my best bet from here? Browserhax does not seem to work.

Browserhax doesn't work because it only works on consoles 9.0+

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty why cant they do so for the switch :sad:
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: huh?