• Views 4,422,124
  • Replies 53,761
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I keep seeing everyone talking always about Cubic Ninja but never about Ocarina of Time. What are the differences between the two methods? I'm asking because I already own Ocarina of Time and it would be easier to me than buying Cubic Ninja.

Also, can you point me a good tutorial here on how to do the downgrade and how to use OoT to install the homebrew channel?

Thanks in advance.
Ok, the main difference between Ocarina of Time and Cubic Ninja is that you'll need either a 3DS with homebrew access or a save dongle (i.e. Action Replay Powersaves) to write the exploit save to Ocarina of Time.

Check here to get the Homebrew Launcher set up with Ocarina of time. Check here for a guide to downgrading.

Shajk00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I keep seeing everyone talking always about Cubic Ninja but never about Ocarina of Time. What are the differences between the two methods? I'm asking because I already own Ocarina of Time and it would be easier to me than buying Cubic Ninja.

Also, can you point me a good tutorial here on how to do the downgrade and how to use OoT to install the homebrew channel?

Thanks in advance.
With cubic ninja you don't need anything else to install menuhax, with ocarina of time you ll need either a cartidge save manager to install the exploited sav on your ocarina of time game card or another 3ds with menuhax already installed

x_master_1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone can help me to convert this wonder card to a .pk6 file please?
Please give me 2 files, one file is original and one file with all ribbons removed.
My PC can not run PKHex.
Thanks all :)

Attachments

• 560 - The Mythical Pokémon Darkrai.rar
    252 bytes · Views: 119

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acecard 2i and a R4.
My 3DS will recognize the both of the cards, but won't run them (a black screen with "an error has ocurred" is displayed).
Is there a way to update the files inside the MicroSDs? Maybe they are outdated, as I've been using them for years on my DSLite.
sorry to say there is not a way to update the files anymore they are likely are already updated its just blocked on the 3DS although when you get CFW on the 3DS you will be able to use the cards once again but I was asking in case you had something like an r4i which works on any firmware 3DS so you would then be able to use that to install the CFW yeah looks like you need to go out and buy cubic ninja or Ocarina of Time

Reactions: VFB

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is ntr cfw?
Is it the same bootNTR?
or full CFW just like reiNAND or rxtools?
I think its just for plugins and stuff, not 100% sure.

Not a full CFW like Rei/rxTools?

NTR CFW is mainly for debugging your plugins and for allowing regionfree. It also has more features, but they're mainly for boosting the user experience/developer purposes.

bootNTR is NTR-CFW, just in a .cia form.

Is it a full CFW? No. NTR CFW does not help the user pirate/downgrade in any way.

LifeOfALegend

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to have to ask but I've been looking for hours for a solution, I'm running an 4.5 o3ds, using a gateway card, what I want to do (so simple but I just can't find the correct tutorial) is run homebrew on it. Literally just for emulators, is there an easy workaround? Thanks in advance lads

Sundaybrawl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, hate to be a bother (and if this is simpler than it is) I've managed to set up all the cfw stuff and get a few .cia games hurray. However, some of my apps, pokebank, metroidII, etc, I cannot open. No icon appears on the top screen for them, as well as my Mii Plaza update data is corrupted and I cannot download a new update file for it, it says I must delete the corrupted file first. Which is not possible (at least from the settings menus as everything appears with the "?" blocks), I have several backups of almost every step I took to get to this point so I assume I should be able to restore the files from one of these backups. How exactly would I go about fixing this? Would JK's Save Manager be the key to this problem?

Sorry if this is simple (or not), just want tto eShop and Streetpass again.
Thanks in advance.

Edit 1:

Forgot to add I'm on 10.7U Emu and 9.2U Sys

Last edited by Sundaybrawl,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it work with .sav files? I'm trying to inject the gateway exploit save into oot. But all my 3ds' have a9lh and I don't believe gateway works with a9lh
It works with whatever save type the game uses. It just has to be proper format for the game. Are you trying to inject a game into a gateway copy of the game? Also gateway works on a9lh if you set stuff up properly.

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It works with whatever save type the game uses. It just has to be proper format for the game. Are you trying to inject a game into a gateway copy of the game? Also gateway works on a9lh if you set stuff up properly.
I'm trying to inject it to a retail cart. I can't seem to figure out how to do it with JKTool

SmellyPirateMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dump a save from it with no so it can make the directory. Then just swap the files. May I ask why you don't just use the installer from the hbl?
Just tried that. Couldn't get it to work. I thought the sploit installer included in the starter pack only installed the HBL exploit, not for gateway.

Edit - Now I can't even get the sploit installer to work. I give up. Thanks for the help anyway

Edit 2 - Well I got gateway working by holding L on boot (Luma) and using the 3dsx release of GW. Also got oothax to install, turns out failed installs of oothax leave the save data corrupted. So I had to wipe data then it installed. So there's that.

Still can't figure out how to use JKSaveTool though

Last edited by SmellyPirateMonkey,

RaBBiDz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been researching online and whenever I find a topic about updating CIA's most sources state I think or no. So my question is can CIA's be updated on Luma3DS without issue on a N3DS? Also can I do this region free?

Rezwan739

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently on arm9loader with luma3ds 5.1.
Recently TIKdevil just released. so what does tickets do for your 3ds. I saw people were comparing between TIKdevil and CIAngel. How does tickets help you to download back ups from eshop? Thanks alot in advance for the clarification.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Been researching online and whenever I find a topic about updating CIA's most sources state I think or no. So my question is can CIA's be updated on Luma3DS without issue on a N3DS? Also can I do this region free?

You can update CIAs fine. Luma3DS already has region free on it.

But if you have a linked NNID to your console and are trying to update a game that's outside of your region, then it will fail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2