• Replies 53,752
  • Likes 43

Mattex96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello, I have an emuNAND (rx-9.2-20 E) installed on my N3DS and I tried to install LBX (Little Battler eXperience) but I haven't been able to. I found out that the game requires a 9.6+ firmware, what I want to ask is: can I actually play it somehow?

sanyex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is there a way to use the 800 mhz of the new 3ds in pokemon x? I use reinand 10.3 emunand via ctrbootmanager and cant use ninjhax for hans while in reinand 10.3 (because of the different boot.3dsx of ctrbootmanager)

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now that i run a CFW in 10.3, is there any reason for me to keep my sky 3ds+ or is it worthwhile to sell it off?

TehGhost

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
where are CIA install?

and if I backup emuNand does it backup the CIA apps/games?

I use imgUSB to backup my mSD cards (it saves an image of the entire mSD card). I've also used the same tool to transfer to a larger mSD card (it has an expand feature).

ZenZero

GBATEMP's regular arse.
Trophies
XP
Country
Possibly a very stupid question:

I want to be able to install more than just the EU legit preinstalled CIAs, so I should downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2 right?

..Is it 100% necessary to create an emunand? Or can CIA's just be installed to sysnand?

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Besides the n3dsxl I also have an original 3DS, if I downgrade that to 9.2 (don't remember what it's currently on) would I still be able to put cfw and not require a flashcart to play 3ds roms? Is there much difference in the way I would install it in comparison to the n3dsxl? Thank you

JP317

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sure this has been answered many times but the search function isn't helping much, I did read that even when you unlink the nands by reformatting the sysnand that you shouldn't lose legit purchases and ambassador stuff is that because it would remain on the enunand?

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I need help finding latest Devmenu and not BBM according to a tutorial on Maxconsole for downgrading mset on N3DS. I've looked on that iso site, anyone want to PM a link?

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How big (as in file size) is a 3DS update? I don't have wifi today, but I'd like to beat Nintendo by updating before 10.4 is out, so I considered using my phone as a wireless hotspot. If it's just a couple hundred megabytes, I'll do it, but 750mb+ and I'll have to wait. Does anyone know (approximately) how big these updates are?

Thanks guys!

Edit: I know this was answered by someone who quoted my earlier post, but it's my girlfriend's 3DS in question and I don't want to be that guy who fucks it up, you know? I just want to make sure my question is thoroughly clear ;)
So, just to reiterate, I installed the mset exploit in her sysnand, and then unlinked nands, so her *emunand mset is downgraded*. Is it safe to update emunand through system settings with a downgraded mset?

Last edited by AceEvo55,

jacobtc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question. I have recently installed ReiNand running 10.3 in my Emunand. I have Zelda TriForce Heroes as a retail card, which prompts me for an update, is it okay do get the update within EmuNand?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I downgraded my N3DS Eu to 9.2 sucessfully but trying to dump my SysNand to NAND.bin results in failure, how do I fix this? Mind you I've been scouring the internet till 4 am to no avail..
Your SD card is probably too full to dump your NAND. Back up all of the files from your SD card then remove everything that you don't need to access the HBL and dump your NAND.

Question. I had an emuNAND in another microSD that died. I have NAND and emuNAND backups on my pc. Now I should do the steps to create another emuNAND in the new microsd?. In that case I won't have any game had before because I formated once the sysNAND to unlink NANDs, so I could use my sysNAND backup (which contains all the games I had) and inject it to the emuNAND via emunandtools?.
Format emuNAND on the new mSD, after that, you can use EmuNAND Tool to inject your old emuNAND backup to the new mSD.

Hello, I have an emuNAND (rx-9.2-20 E) installed on my N3DS and I tried to install LBX (Little Battler eXperience) but I haven't been able to. I found out that the game requires a 9.6+ firmware, what I want to ask is: can I actually play it somehow?
Yes. Either use the new ReiNAND beta and update your emuNAND to 10.3 (tutorial here), or look for a "cryptofixed" version of the game on "some iso site."

Possibly a very stupid question:

I want to be able to install more than just the EU legit preinstalled CIAs, so I should downgrade from 10.3 to 9.2 right?

..Is it 100% necessary to create an emunand? Or can CIA's just be installed to sysnand?
Yes, you'll need to downgrade.

You don't need to make an emuNAND, but it's strongly recommended. It will allow you to access the eShop, play online and update your games more easily.

Besides the n3dsxl I also have an original 3DS, if I downgrade that to 9.2 (don't remember what it's currently on) would I still be able to put cfw and not require a flashcart to play 3ds roms? Is there much difference in the way I would install it in comparison to the n3dsxl? Thank you
It's pretty much the same process. Just make sure you use the update cias for the O3DS and not the N3DS when downgrading.

How big (as in file size) is a 3DS update? I don't have wifi today, but I'd like to beat Nintendo by updating before 10.4 is out, so I considered using my phone as a wireless hotspot. If it's just a couple hundred megabytes, I'll do it, but 750mb+ and I'll have to wait. Does anyone know (approximately) how big these updates are?

Thanks guys!

Edit: I know this was answered by someone who quoted my earlier post, but it's my girlfriend's 3DS in question and I don't want to be that guy who fucks it up, you know? I just want to make sure my question is thoroughly clear ;)
So, just to reiterate, I installed the mset exploit in her sysnand, and then unlinked nands, so her *emunand mset is downgraded*. Is it safe to update emunand through system settings with a downgraded mset?
A full update will be 180MB+. That would be if ever single piece of the 3DS's software were to be updated. Since you're not updating every piece of the 3DS's software, it should be less than that.

I have a question. I have recently installed ReiNand running 10.3 in my Emunand. I have Zelda TriForce Heroes as a retail card, which prompts me for an update, is it okay do get the update within EmuNand?
Yes, it's safe to update games in emuNAND.

So legit no one knows an answer my question? :(

I dont want t make a sepereate thread for a simple question :P
It's your choice. If you don't want the Sky3DS+ and think you'll have no use for it in the future, sell it. If you think it may come in use some day, keep it.

sanyex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is there a way to get an old save backup from pokemon x / y to work without the "save game data is corrupted" - shit?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About the Xorpads, I was wrong about it, you need it to decrypt (and extract) and rebuilding games in CIA form.
I'm getting confused. Why would you want to decrypt and extract into cia form?
Or is that really just developer usage and if I just download from that iso site, I shouldn't worry about Xorpads?
is there a way to use the 800 mhz of the new 3ds in pokemon x? I use reinand 10.3 emunand via ctrbootmanager and cant use ninjhax for hans while in reinand 10.3 (because of the different boot.3dsx of ctrbootmanager)
At the moment, no,
Keep an eye out on the cfw NTR as that cfw can run as the same time as everything else. You use it like you use freemultipatcher as you just have to load. Cia when you boot the system.

NTR can rub plugin like cheats, language, and clock rate for n3ds.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-cpu-clock-configure-plugin-for-ntr-cfw-new3ds-only.398462/
Only problem is it doesn't support Reinand 10.3 atm and needs update

where are CIA install?
Once you install it via FBI, devmenu,BBM; it act like you installed it like a eshop game

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is there a way to get an old save backup from pokemon x / y to work without the "save game data is corrupted" - shit?
That an anti save restore problem that games like pokemon/smash use to prevent the.
What save system are you using?
SVDT has something called anti anti save restore to block that.
Save manager doest
Not sure about SaveDataFiler

That problem is only for digital games and not physical games

Kurupted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Had my N3DS XL a few weeks now, got a sky3ds blue button, setup working fine with private headers

Wondering what hacks I can do?

It's on 10.3-28E

Any chance of cfw? I know about ninjhax which I'm planning to do soon using cubic ninja on sky3ds. Or even emunand.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Had my N3DS XL a few weeks now, got a sky3ds blue button, setup working fine with private headers

Wondering what hacks I can do?

It's on 10.3-28E

Any chance of cfw? I know about ninjhax which I'm planning to do soon using cubic ninja on sky3ds. Or even emunand.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
The Homebrew Launcher is all you'll be able to do on 10.3. However, you can downgrade to 9.2 and use CFW, run unsigned cias, etc....

A guide to downgrading can be found here.

Reactions: Kurupted

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I've always been kind to @AncientBoi