• Likes 43

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two questions.
  1. Is there a more stable method to launch rxTools on N3DS than launching it through HBL?
  2. If I decide to be impatient and switch over to ReiNand for 10.3 emuNAND, would it be relatively safe to perform a system transfer over to it?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have two questions.
  1. Is there a more stable method to launch rxTools on N3DS than launching it through HBL?
  2. If I decide to be impatient and switch over to ReiNand for 10.3 emuNAND, would it be relatively safe to perform a system transfer over to it?
1. Not necessarily, people get varied results with every method. You can try HomeMenuHax or CTRBootManager to see if you have better luck with those.
2. It should be safe to transfer to it.

Reactions: Mythrandir
D

Deleted-380272

I haven't kept up with the 3DS scene since last year and I'm really confused. Would love some help.

At the moment, I have a 3DS XL on 9.0. I have a Gateway and have been playing games on it just fine. My question(s) are the following:

-How do I update my Gateway firmware? I thought all I had to do was replace the launcher.dat, but I did that and nothing happened. I'm on a firmware from the beginning of last year (when support for 9.0 first came out) so I'd like to update to the latest beta.
- Can I just update my EmuNAND by going through the regular 3DS update method? I know I need to double check and make sure I'm on EmuNAND mode (or else I will update my real firmware), but aside from that can I just go through the regular update?
-Can I update my EmuNAND without updating my Gateway firmware?
-Once I'm on the latest EmuNAND, will I be able to play games online/go to the eshop and all that?

Thanks!

Mythrandir

Life-long Learner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Not necessarily, people get varied results with every method. You can try HomeMenuHax or CTRBootManager to see if you have better luck with those.
2. It should be safe to transfer to it.
Thank you for answering my questions. I will look into CTRBootManager.

Edit 20160114-1: Launching rxTools through CTRBootManager seems to be working great for me so far.

Last edited by Mythrandir,

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what hax can be installed on a 2ds for it to be downgrading it? also what is the benfit of doing that?

KinGTD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently was successful on cold booting my O3DS XL to CFW RXTools (latest Nightly build). Everything works fine except my Supercard DSTwo/R4i SDHC card doesnt work on Emunand. My emunand is on 10.3 firmware. I even installed the whitelist cia and it doesnt work. I can confirm that it works on the main NAND. I want to avoid having to boot directly to the Nand to play DS games since my kids will use it to play DS as well so it would be preferred if it will work on Emunand. Thanks!

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am a GW user but i have recently successfully downgraded my friends N3dsxl from 10.3 to 9.2 and set up rxtools and got rx-e 9.5 working and menuhax autoboot
i used a tutorial with easy file packs to make it easy ,it worked great but now i have a question
i hear that rxtools 3.0 release is coming that will support 10.3 emunand

so my question is this, how would i go about updating to make it support emunand 10.3 /new version on rxtools when it is release,
i mean will it be as easy as GW , just replace and overwrite the launcher,dat, will it be as simple as replacing onw file? or will have to go througha complicated setup again?

i ask because i am still using GW and GW 95. emunand on my EU N3ds, the tutorial and file packs are US

i am thinking of switching to rxtools since i like the way i got it working on my friends n3ds
but i wonder if i should just wait for rxtools 3.o now if updating is going to be like installing it all over again?

also is there a way to safely turn on wifi on N3ds emunand and play games online without getting an update nag? can you use tubehax DNS to do this?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My question got buried, so here it is again :)

Hey guys!
I am planning to downgrade my N3DS to 9.2 and I have a O3DS on 4.5. I have a question about flashcards. If I buy ONE Gateway card (Two really, the red and blue one, but you know what I mean..), will I be able to play 3DS games on both consoles (N3DS and O3DS) if I use .cia's for the O3DS? Or should I still buy two packs of Gateway?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what hax can be installed on a 2ds for it to be downgrading it? also what is the benfit of doing that?
any hax entrypoint should be good but i hear menuhax works the best for this
and the point is to get to a fw where you can install cfw so you may pirate stuff

I recently was successful on cold booting my O3DS XL to CFW RXTools (latest Nightly build). Everything works fine except my Supercard DSTwo/R4i SDHC card doesnt work on Emunand. My emunand is on 10.3 firmware. I even installed the whitelist cia and it doesnt work. I can confirm that it works on the main NAND. I want to avoid having to boot directly to the Nand to play DS games since my kids will use it to play DS as well so it would be preferred if it will work on Emunand. Thanks!
you cant son
some people have reported that you can install whitelist cia (whitelist, bluecardfix, ect) on emunand and the flashcard works but in my exp they are wrong or lucky because it does not work

i am a GW user but i have recently successfully downgraded my friends N3dsxl from 10.3 to 9.2 and set up rxtools and got rx-e 9.5 working and menuhax autoboot
i used a tutorial with easy file packs to make it easy ,it worked great but now i have a question
i hear that rxtools 3.0 release is coming that will support 10.3 emunand

so my question is this, how would i go about updating to make it support emunand 10.3 /new version on rxtools when it is release,
i mean will it be as easy as GW , just replace and overwrite the launcher,dat, will it be as simple as replacing onw file? or will have to go througha complicated setup again?

i ask because i am still using GW and GW 95. emunand on my EU N3ds, the tutorial and file packs are US

i am thinking of switching to rxtools since i like the way i got it working on my friends n3ds
but i wonder if i should just wait for rxtools 3.o now if updating is going to be like installing it all over again?

also is there a way to safely turn on wifi on N3ds emunand and play games online without getting an update nag? can you use tubehax DNS to do this?
it will likely be as simple as deleting one folder and putting a new one in its place but as its not released yet im not sure (and i dont think anyone else can give a better answer than that atm)

Reactions: DJPlace

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My question got buried, so here it is again :)

Hey guys!
I am planning to downgrade my N3DS to 9.2 and I have a O3DS on 4.5. I have a question about flashcards. If I buy ONE Gateway card (Two really, the red and blue one, but you know what I mean..), will I be able to play 3DS games on both consoles (N3DS and O3DS) if I use .cia's for the O3DS? Or should I still buy two packs of Gateway?
. . . but why . . . a gateway really . . . if cfw was always an option like with a psp for instance then useless things like a flashcard would not even exist in the first place so i am completely baffled as to why you would want to buy one now that you have cfw let alone two of them . . . . like . . . .wha???

and that is likely the reason you got no answer but your plan is good without buying two . . . shit you dont need to buy the first one

Last edited by wormdood,

HuskerStorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE HELP...I have got my N3ds downgraded to 9.2, awesome!, I have RXtools installed and everything is working great BUT I just have a couple questions. How can I play my actual purchased copy of YoKai Watch when it asks me to update to 9.9? Also one other question, how do I access the eshop? Everytime i try it says I need to update to do it. Thanks so much to whoever helps me with the questions!

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE HELP...I have got my N3ds downgraded to 9.2, awesome!, I have RXtools installed and everything is working great BUT I just have a couple questions. How can I play my actual purchased copy of YoKai Watch when it asks me to update to 9.9? Also one other question, how do I access the eshop? Everytime i try it says I need to update to do it. Thanks so much to whoever helps me with the questions!
1) Use Freemultipatcher to spoof the firmware so the game thinks it 9.9. Otherwise, get the CIA file that been crytpofixed.
2) https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-update-emunand-on-a-n3ds.393701/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-access-nnid-and-eshop-on-9-5-0-23-emunand.407714/

Reactions: HuskerStorm

HuskerStorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Use Freemultipatcher to spoof the firmware so the game thinks it 9.9. Otherwise, get the CIA file that been crytpofixed.
2) https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-update-emunand-on-a-n3ds.393701/
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-access-nnid-and-eshop-on-9-5-0-23-emunand.407714/

Thank you so much! One more question real quick if you can, I have a physical copy of YoKai but want to transfer my save from that to a Cia is there a way to go about doing that?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much! One more question real quick if you can, I have a physical copy of YoKai but want to transfer my save from that to a Cia is there a way to go about doing that?
I think the Nintendo 3DS official physical to digitial works
Otherwise, There the Homebrew SVDT or CIA savedatafilter

Reactions: HuskerStorm

CharlesHoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just an opinion question really, I have my 2ds running rxtools 9.2 on both sysnand and emunand and they should also be unlinked from tinyformat, should I update my sysnand or emunand to 10.3? Or should I leave it and keep my n3dsxl on 10.3 as my unmodded console?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an opinion question really, I have my 2ds running rxtools 9.2 on both sysnand and emunand and they should also be unlinked from tinyformat, should I update my sysnand or emunand to 10.3? Or should I leave it and keep my n3dsxl on 10.3 as my unmodded console?
don't touch sysnand, rather you can forget about touching it ever again.
You can update emunand to 10.3 via system setting fine.

master_yoda

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
I know RetroArch now works good enough to run DKC2 on New 3DS in 60fps but all I have is an old 3DS XL, any chance SNES games run good on that? I've tried blargSNES and Super Mario World seemed to run great but some other games wouldn't even start.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.