• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

SumPersonGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have unlinked your NNIDs (not sure on this, my NNIDs are unlinked, I haven't tested it with linked) and you've installed the same region CIA as your device, it's possible to update through the eshop. If you have an out-of-region cia (such as a U cia on an EU device) installed, you can't update through the eshop as you cannot access the eshop of other regions. You need to find the update cia on THAT ISO site.
Thanks for the quick response! What if it's region free?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the quick response! What if it's region free?

You need to seperate two things: "region free" and "regions".
For example: You have this file: Pokémon Omega Ruby (U)(RF).cia
This means that you have the cia from the U-region, but it's been edited by someone to make it regionfree.
Region free means that you can install the cia on any device, whatever version it is, even though the file is actually U-region.
The region is mentioned because you need the same updates for the cia. If there is an update for the example cia:
- If your device is actually U-region and you installed the example cia (u), you can just enter the eshop and update through there, no probs.
- If your device is an EU-region and you've installed the example cia (u), you can't enter the eshop because you can only access the EU eshop on that device (because it's EU) and you need the U update files, which you can only download on the U-eshop.
The way you can update those out of region cia's is download them from the iso site we can't link to :D
i hope it's a bit clear now :)

Reactions: SumPersonGuy

SumPersonGuy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to seperate two things: "region free" and "regions".
For example: You have this file: Pokémon Omega Ruby (U)(RF).cia
This means that you have the cia from the U-region, but it's been edited by someone to make it regionfree.
Region free means that you can install the cia on any device, whatever version it is, even though the file is actually U-region.
The region is mentioned because you need the same updates for the cia. If there is an update for the example cia:
- If your device is actually U-region and you installed the example cia (u), you can just enter the eshop and update through there, no probs.
- If your device is an EU-region and you've installed the example cia (u), you can't enter the eshop because you can only access the EU eshop on that device (because it's EU) and you need the U update files, which you can only download on the U-eshop.
The way you can update those out of region cia's is download them from the iso site we can't link to :D
i hope it's a bit clear now :)

Dude, you're awesome, perfect explanation. Thanks a ton! :)

epistaxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if the Nintendo Save Data transfer app would transfer a Fire Emblem: Conquests save from a cart to a Fire Emblem: Special edition cia? If not, how would I go about doing that if possible? Thanks.

parvulus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, what is the best place for a US purchaser to buy a sky3ds+?
I have a 3ds with firmware 10.5.0-30U, and I'd like to be able to play games with the new AP.

Referral links or whatever are fine, I'm just hoping to find a seller that is reasonably priced, has quick shipping, and is trusted (doesn't sell clones / fakes).

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know if the Nintendo Save Data transfer app would transfer a Fire Emblem: Conquests save from a cart to a Fire Emblem: Special edition cia? If not, how would I go about doing that if possible? Thanks.
JK's Save Manager?

Typically, I would export both save. Then copy the save of conquest and replace the Special Edition'save with Conquest, then import

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, what is the best place for a US purchaser to buy a sky3ds+?
I have a 3ds with firmware 10.5.0-30U, and I'd like to be able to play games with the new AP.

Referral links or whatever are fine, I'm just hoping to find a seller that is reasonably priced, has quick shipping, and is trusted (doesn't sell clones / fakes).

Since you're on 10.5, you can downgrade your system and set up CFW. Use THIS guide and you can play games for free :D

Reactions: parvulus

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to downgrade my N3ds & now its on 9.2 but before I tried to install CFW I wanted to install Gateway. Is there something Im missing since I cant get my OoT to work. I inserted the gamesave from the latest GAteway to the game with my other O3ds tat has gateway running on it. I insert the game in the N3ds & it shows up but then it freezes when trying to load the exploit *load the game & press A*. Is my copy of OoT not compatible? I had to unseal the copy I got a few years ago :/

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I managed to downgrade my N3ds & now its on 9.2 but before I tried to install CFW I wanted to install Gateway. Is there something Im missing since I cant get my OoT to work. I inserted the gamesave from the latest GAteway to the game with my other O3ds tat has gateway running on it. I insert the game in the N3ds & it shows up but then it freezes when trying to load the exploit *load the game & press A*. Is my copy of OoT not compatible? I had to unseal the copy I got a few years ago :/
You might have a partial downgrade. You don't have to use the OoT, you can put Gateway.3dsx in your 3ds folder (assuming you have used homebrew before because of the downgrade) and use browserhax to start the homebrew launcher, and pick Gateway.3dsx from the menu. Then, assuming also you have the latest launchr.dat on the root of your sd, the Gateway menu should start. If that won't work either, use the homebrew downgrade checker to see if you have a partial downgrade and if so, downgrade again. Or maybe check your downgrade status first, as browserhax is a bit unreliable.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have a partial downgrade. You don't have to use the OoT, you can put Gateway.3dsx in your 3ds folder (assuming you have used homebrew before because of the downgrade) and use browserhax to start the homebrew launcher, and pick Gateway.3dsx from the menu. Then, assuming also you have the latest launchr.dat on the root of your sd, the Gateway menu should start. If that won't work either, use the homebrew downgrade checker to see if you have a partial downgrade and if so, downgrade again. Or maybe check your downgrade status first, as browserhax is a bit unreliable.
Yeah I may have partial downgraded. I used memchunkhax It took me hours & so many tries & when it finally worked it gave me an error saying I had to turn off system. I followed a tutorialthat was recently posted for N3ds a few days ago. Im going to try it again.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any problem in setting up an emunand after installed A9LH? following the tutorial i can remember unmarking some option that enabled emunand and that got me some headaches with black screens lol so, is is that easy as setting up normaly??

Also, i'm kinda new to the cia stuff, I download a bunch of games thorught that isosite and many of them need an updade, do I need to search for them on the dlc section, or I can I just upgrade it like a sky3ds??

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So really haven't been paying attention to the 3DS scene till now, but just got me a regular size N3DS ready to get downgraded. I've got a N3DS XL on stock latest firmware with a NNID linked to it.

Is it possible to system transfer the XL to the CFW'd non-XL N3DS?

Will I be able to play my retail cart for Fire Emblem Fates w/same saves on the CFW N3DS? Can I still play it with the online features (applies to other games too)?

Just some yes or no answers would suffice so I can search later, but links and more detailed responses would be appreciated.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So really haven't been paying attention to the 3DS scene till now, but just got me a regular size N3DS ready to get downgraded. I've got a N3DS XL on stock latest firmware with a NNID linked to it.

Is it possible to system transfer the XL to the CFW'd non-XL N3DS?

Will I be able to play my retail cart for Fire Emblem Fates w/same saves on the CFW N3DS? Can I still play it with the online features (applies to other games too)?

Just some yes or no answers would suffice so I can search later, but links and more detailed responses would be appreciated.
You can do a system transfer if both consoles are on the latest firmware (emunand in the case of a CFW 3DS). Do a wireless transfer and try not to have too much stuff on the old machine (delete any games you aren't planning to play right away) otherwise it can get stuck.

skullpatch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to install menuhax onto my 9.2.0-20U n3dsxl but everytime I run through the installation process it gets stuck on
"Requesting the actual payload URL with HTTP..."
This didn't happen the last time i tried to install menuhax with a different sd card.
Is there are way to fix this or maybe manually install menuhax playloads?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've been trying to install menuhax onto my 9.2.0-20U n3dsxl but everytime I run through the installation process it gets stuck on
"Requesting the actual payload URL with HTTP..."
This didn't happen the last time i tried to install menuhax with a different sd card.
Is there are way to fix this or maybe manually install menuhax playloads?
Are you connected to the net? And yes you can manually download them: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/ I think you need to download a ropbin but not certain (another user may correct me).

Ricken

Searching for the air to breathe~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob Question (duh XD): How can i update my version of rxTools to the latest version? and i dont mean my EmuNand (Google wasnt my friend...)

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob Question (duh XD): How can i update my version of rxTools to the latest version? and i dont mean my EmuNand (Google wasnt my friend...)
Just replace the files on the SD card. by replace, i mean delete old files, not just overwrite replace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password