• Start date
  • Views 4,573,685
  • Replies 53,813
  • Likes 43
D

Deleted User

I'm about to buy a new 3ds xl at 9.0.
What is the suggested path?
Install homemenuhax -> use sysupdater to go to 9.2 (is that necessary?) -> and now what?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Menuhax is working fine for me. What problems will it cause?
For CFW btw.
on Sysnand or EmuNAND?
Unless you are using A9LH, you should have it on Sysnand.

On EmuNAND would cause the problem (which emunNAND would have if you have menuhax before creating emunand).
Menuhax direct the boot to homebrew Launcher, or anything else you direct it to.
So it goes boot--> sysnand-- Sysnand Menuhax-->emunand--> emunand Menuhax--> boot--sysnand menuhax.
Cause a loop of sort. sometimes not even allows it boot past configuring home menu.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For CFW btw.
on Sysnand or EmuNAND?
Unless you are using A9LH, you should have it on Sysnand.

On EmuNAND would cause the problem (which emunNAND would have if you have menuhax before creating emunand).
Menuhax direct the boot to homebrew Launcher, or anything else you direct it to.
So it goes boot--> sysnand-- Sysnand Menuhax-->emunand--> emunand Menuhax--> boot--sysnand menuhax.
Cause a loop of sort. sometimes not even allows it boot past configuring home menu.

Ah yes, you need to unlink your nands. Also helpful to create the emunand before you setup menuhax so even if you forget to unlink nands it doesn't cause an infinite loop.

Real_Redwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Turn off your 3ds
Remove your sd card
Turn your 3ds on
Put it in
Change the theme
Reinstall menuhax

Okay, I changed my theme and that fixed the problem but now I have one more. Whenever I try to start up Ironfall it sticks on the "Nintendo 3DS" logo and never progresses past that. Is there a fix to that as well?

GuyInDogSuit

Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.
Trophies
Website
www.sniffglueworshipsatan.com
XP
Country
United States
I have absolutely no idea where to start. I have a 3ds XL I think it's the latest NEW version. It's updated to the most current firmware. Is there anyway I can use any flash cart to just play DS games? People were saying buy an r4 gold but then i read conflicting reports that no DS flash carts work on the new n3ds. I would appreciate any reply or help. I just wanna know if it's possible and what kind of card I need and where to buy one in Canada.

I have a New 3DS on 9.0.0 and it still plays my DSTwo card.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah yes, you need to unlink your nands. Also helpful to create the emunand before you setup menuhax so even if you forget to unlink nands it doesn't cause an infinite loop.
Naw, it not the nand being linked that causing the problem, but how menuhax worked. Also cause more a problem when you try to update emunand, of which hit causes a black screen when you turn on after update as it can't initalize home menu due to menuhax there

Apalemornong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have absolutely no idea where to start. I have a 3ds XL I think it's the latest NEW version. It's updated to the most current firmware. Is there anyway I can use any flash cart to just play DS games? People were saying buy an r4 gold but then i read conflicting reports that no DS flash carts work on the new n3ds. I would appreciate any reply or help. I just wanna know if it's possible and what kind of card I need and where to buy one in Canada.

hisagishi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Naw, it not the nand being linked that causing the problem, but how menuhax worked. Also cause more a problem when you try to update emunand, of which hit causes a black screen when you turn on after update as it can't initalize home menu due to menuhax there

I was following a guide and this is what it said.

Code:
If your NANDs are still linked, Menuhax would also be installed in EmuNAND. This means you will get a black screen every time you attempt to load EmuNAND. To solve this, you can either:

[*]Hold any button when launching EmuNAND to disable it from loading; you will have to do this every time.

[*]Unlink your NANDs (Section 6), launch EmuNAND while holding any button to disable Menuhax from loading, then change the EmuNAND theme to remove it completely from EmuNAND without removing it from SysNAND.
source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Last edited by hisagishi,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was following a guide and this is what it said.

Code:
If your NANDs are still linked, Menuhax would also be installed in EmuNAND. This means you will get a black screen every time you attempt to load EmuNAND. To solve this, you can either:

[*]Hold any button when launching EmuNAND to disable it from loading; you will have to do this every time.

[*]Unlink your NANDs (Section 6), launch EmuNAND while holding any button to disable Menuhax from loading, then change the EmuNAND theme to remove it completely from EmuNAND without removing it from SysNAND.
source: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
Mk, there 2 set of problem with having emunand then.
1 if you are nand are linked.
the other if you try to update, leading to a black screen due to unable to go to original home menu set it up after the update.

CLOUD9RED

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
So I had the legit copy of the game on my newly bought (yellow) 2DS. The firmware was 10.2.28E. I've decided to downgrade to 9.2 which successfully happened, but I can't seem to to play my game anymore (3DS start screen doesn't go away). What did I do wrong and what are possible solutions? Thank you.

Edit: VC yellow was pre-installed on the 2DS

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, I changed my theme and that fixed the problem but now I have one more. Whenever I try to start up Ironfall it sticks on the "Nintendo 3DS" logo and never progresses past that. Is there a fix to that as well?
That's normal too, because you need 9.5+ to run ironfall.
(So not a valid entrypoint on 9.2)

Reactions: Real_Redwolf

rewrewrew123

Trophies
XP
Country
Fiji
SysUpdater doesn't work...how do I upgrade my 3ds?
I am using Ninjhaxx as entry point so Sys doesn't boot by Ninjhax (and nothing works from Pasta)

Any idea?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, but would it be possible to use EmuNAND to run Ironfall and use Ironhax?
You could if you update to a version prior to 10.4, because ironhax was patched by nintendo there.
If you want an emunand on latest firmware, you can install hbloader launcher cia by yellows8 on emunand and update this emunand to 10.6

Last edited by Arubaro,
Reactions: Real_Redwolf

Deleted member 125555

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
no
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Hello there!

I have an o3DS using RXTools 2.6 with an emuNAND on the latest OS and a sysNAND on 6.3. I have the FBI injected and some CIAs installed.

I heard that if I upgrade my sysNAND to 9.2, that I would be able to coldboot into emuNAND.

I want to do this so that I do not have to rely on going to the internet to get to my emuNAND, and to be able to treat my emuNAND as my primary system.

Does anyone have a guide to this and how to set it to coldboot?

MoonLamp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.

I have been using cubic ninja to launch gateway (launcher.dat) without issue.

I removed (launched.dat) and placed (boot.3dsx themes 3ds) from the homebrew starter kit on my sd card.

Now when I run the cubic ninja exploit i just hang at a black screen and have not been able to launch the homebrew channel.

Any tips?

Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: Great titles. I'm about to play some Pokémon Emerald. I need to lvl up +1