• Views 4,419,561
  • Replies 53,760
  • Likes 43

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
So, I have an NA 3ds on OFW 10.5, and I'm just desperate to play bravely second's demo release for EU public only, I would like to know if there is a way to by pass this somehow and finaly play this demo. Thank you very much
Since you're on FW 10.5, you can't do anything of that sort. If it was, maybe on a cartridge, then you could have used the 'Region Free' Homebrew application. Since it's a demo, I'm presuming you can only do an e-Shop download which means you can't download it from an NA 3ds/US e-Shop

omnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Since you're on FW 10.5, you can't do anything of that sort. If it was, maybe on a cartridge, then you could have used the 'Region Free' Homebrew application. Since it's a demo, I'm presuming you can only do an e-Shop download which means you can't download it from an NA 3ds/US e-Shop
so there is no way to downgrade from that FW and install a CFW or something that could run the demo's "ISO" or whatever it's called?

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
so there is no way to downgrade from that FW and install a CFW or something that could run the demo's "ISO" or whatever it's called?
CFW's are only for FW <=9.2, and you can only downgrade from FW <=10.3. So no, and it's called CIA. Currently, the only way to have that is Sky3ds+, but that will cost you around 100$. Maybe in the future, we will have a free downgrading process for FW 10.5, but as of now, Sky3ds+ is your only choice.

There is this one method to downgrade from 10.5, but that requires a hardmod and is extremely risky

omnis

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
CFW's are only for FW <=9.2, and you can only downgrade from FW <=10.3. So no, and it's called CIA. Currently, the only way to have that is Sky3ds+, but that will cost you around 100$. Maybe in the future, we will have a free downgrading process for FW 10.5, but as of now, Sky3ds+ is your only choice.

There is this one method to downgrade from 10.5, but that requires a hardmod and is extremely risky

Alright, I guess I'll just have to wait untill NA release then =\ , thanks for the info tho

PollyP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How do i update my gateway card?My 3ds is at ver9.2 eu and i'm guessing my gateway card is at that update as i never messed around with those type of settings since buying it.
Do i need to download every single update from gateway's site after 9.2 release or do they bundle the updates at the latest release?
And what do i do after that?
I want to update my gateway card to play games released at newer official versions,is there a guide i can use?
Thanks guys,take care.

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
How do i update my gateway card?My 3ds is at ver9.2 eu and i'm guessing my gateway card is at that update as i never messed around with those type of settings since buying it.
Do i need to download every single update from gateway's site after 9.2 release or do they bundle the updates at the latest release?
And what do i do after that?
I want to update my gateway card to play games released at newer official versions,is there a guide i can use?
Thanks guys,take care.
I'm presuming you want to update your emuNAND? Or do you want to update your cart to whatever the latest version is?

Last edited by HariGp,

PollyP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I want to update my card so i can play games that are released on higher official system updates.
Does that mean i want to update my emunand?
For example i want to be able to play FE:Fates but i know i wouldn't be able to play it with my current setup,as it probably requires a higher official system version(probably 10+ something).
So do i need to update my emunand for that?
If so how do i that?
Thank you so much for your time.

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I want to update my card so i can play games that are released on higher official system updates.
Does that mean i want to update my emunand?
For example i want to be able to play FE:Fates but i know i wouldn't be able to play it with my current setup,as it probably requires a higher official system version(probably 10+ something).
So do i need to update my emunand for that?
If so how do i that?
Thank you so much for your time.
Update your Gateway card, then update your emuNAND to the latest FW :)

Mustaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
have you moved the files from your regions 3077 folder to sd root?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the steps are:
dumping emunand to emunand.bin
backing up the nindendo 3ds folder (the one with your sysnand and emunand folders) from root to pc.
enter emunand, system settings, check youre really in emunand, then format your emunand from system settings.
wwhen its done, reboot and enter emunand, go through the initial setup, set up internet connection and then go to system settings and NNID settings. log in with name, email and password.

careful, there's a chance that somewhere along the way, while the system sets up nnid stuff, you'll get bumped back into sysnand. if that happens, after you try to login, it will inform you that your system needs an update. in that case, just slowly back out of the menu, reboot and try again

when thats done, get back into emunand9, copy emunand.bin back to emunand, unmount your sd and restore the nintendo 3ds folder.
afterwards, everything should work.

dont worry if entering eshop gives an error the first time, that seems to happen, just start it again

Dump emunand to file with emunand9, backup your sd content just inserting your sd on your pc and copy/paste.
System format your emunand from system settings, format, etc... just like normal (sorry, my 3ds is eur so I don't know the exact names in english).
Then, boot your empty emunand, go system settings and on NNID setting, relink your old NNID.
After that, you can reinject your emunand backup with emunand9 and paste back your SD backup

So I formatted it, but everything was on my sd card after the format? I just couldn't see the games that I installed before the format on my home menu. Logging in with my NNID worked , so now injecting back the nand backup.

Logging in inte shop worked, but I can't see my installed CIA's after putting back the backup? How can I do that?

Last edited by Mustaa,

watchdan

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi, just created an account for some help. ItsVoid already asked it for me, but he got no response. I have walked through this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/) Everything boots up, with the Menuhax and CTRBOOTmanager. It starts up rxTools as well, but after the blue screen of rxTools, where it tries to load emuNAND, I get an official Nintendo error. (Photo: https://snapr.pw/i/013f216136.png). Everything works fine except for that! I don't want to do the whole tutorial again, so anyone who knows what to do?

Mustaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I formatted my EmuNAND trough system setting in EmuNAND, but everything was still there on my sd card after the format? I injected the NAND backup with EmuNAND9 and after that copied the sd backup from my laptop to my sd card. But now I can't see the games that I installed before the format on my home menu.

SO in short: Logging in with my NNID is working now on the e shop , but I can't see my installed CIA's after putting back the backup? How can I do that? I know they are there because the space is being used on the card like before the format

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Le youtube face.