• Likes 43

Zinie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

How do I install out of region DLC .cia with GW? I heard it's region free but when I tried to install it with BBM, it was installed but not recognized in game (DLC don't show up in game). Both the game and the DLC are of the same region.

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I just got my hands on a 9.2 New3DS and I'd like to hack it. Basically, I'd like to set up an emuNAND and do a system transfer from my O3DS into the emuNAND (my O3DS is currently on 10.4). I'd also like to be able to install emulators and homebrew as well as give it the ability to backup my physical games. As I understand it, I'll still be able to access the eShop through emuNAND, right?

My first guess for how to do this was to install rxtools, but apparently it's not supported on New3DSs, so before I did something terribly stupid to my N3DS, I figured I'd ask here for some advice on what I should do and how I should do it. By the way, I need to set up an "entry point" in order to fully start exploiting my system, right? What's the most stable/useful way of doing so?

Thanks for any help.

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hello! I just got my hands on a 9.2 New3DS and I'd like to hack it. Basically, I'd like to set up an emuNAND and do a system transfer from my O3DS into the emuNAND (my O3DS is currently on 10.4). I'd also like to be able to install emulators and homebrew as well as give it the ability to backup my physical games. As I understand it, I'll still be able to access the eShop through emuNAND, right?

My first guess for how to do this was to install rxtools, but apparently it's not supported on New3DSs, so before I did something terribly stupid to my N3DS, I figured I'd ask here for some advice on what I should do and how I should do it. By the way, I need to set up an "entry point" in order to fully start exploiting my system, right? What's the most stable/useful way of doing so?

Thanks for any help.
rxTools doesn't support N3ds as of now, there are other CFWs for N3ds such as reiNAND or Cakes. I would recommend using CTRbootmanager/menuhax as your entrypoint, which is probably the easiest way, if not with the highest boot rate :P

Yes, you can access e-Shop through an updated emuNAND :)

Last edited by HariGp,

TheToaster

Kishore
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for any help.

Use a different CFW like reiNAND

Edit: :ph34r::ninja:'d

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
rxTools doesn't support N3ds as of now(probably won't ever), there are other CFWs for N3ds such as reiNAND or Cakes. I would recommend using CTRbootmanager/menuhax as your entrypoint, which is probably the easiest way, if not with the highest boot rate :P

Yes, you can access e-Shop through an updated emuNAND :)

You're wrong about that, they're working on updating it.

TheToaster

Kishore
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am currently working on a tutorial for NAND dumping for the "noobs" who want to downgrade their system and make a NAND backup in case anything goes wrong. Will post the link here when I am done :)

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am currently working on a tutorial for NAND dumping for the "noobs" who want to downgrade their system and make a NAND backup in case anything goes wrong. Will post the link here when I am done :)

Naw theres no need here, it gets buried very quickly.

Zinie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

How do I install out of region DLC .cia with GW? I heard it's region free but when I tried to install it with BBM, it was installed but not recognized in game (DLC don't show up in game). Both the game and the DLC are of the same region.
No one knows this...?

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
No one knows this...?
If it's a region free CIA, then installing using BBM and opening should work, I've done so myself lots of times. Maybe it's not. Try to boot up HBL wherever you've installed the game(sysNAND/emuNAND), and then use the 'Region Free' app for it, maybe it'll work :)

Zinie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What game and what dlc are you trying to install?
FE: If and its DLC

If it's a region free CIA, then installing using BBM and opening should work, I've done so myself lots of times. Maybe it's not. Try to boot up HBL wherever you've installed the game(sysNAND/emuNAND), and then use the 'Region Free' app for it, maybe it'll work :)
What game and what dlc are you trying to install?
FE:If and its DLC

I've tried it but whenever I choose the region free app in HBL and then choose the game, the screen is black and freezes there....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.