1. tpax

tpax GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    Thank you amigo, that's something to begin with. I found some different CFWs available, which one is granted the most attention? Looks like rxTool is the CFW to go, isn't it?

2. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

United States
    rxtools is the most popular (and the best for an o3ds)
    reinand is the most popular cfw for n3ds (reinand is ant a feature rich cfw but does allow the n3ds to have an fully updated emunand)(. . . but im a fan of cakes cfw)

3. ZacharyAlkaff

ZacharyAlkaff Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Gonna attempt to downgrade my o3ds which is on 10.0U but first gonna dump my nand via hardmod. Any advice would you want to give to a beginner like me?

4. wormdood

United States
    look into doing a full (permanent) hardmod (adding a port to the system) i say this because you can screw up your console removing a temporary hardmod

but don't attempt the hard mod yourself if you are unskilled with a soldering iron (there are people on this site that will hardmod it for you . . . for a price :whip:)

5. ZacharyAlkaff

ZacharyAlkaff Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hmm is soldering that hard. Is it possible if I learned it from YouTube or something?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

And is it possible to just tape it instead of soldering?

6. wormdood

United States
    if you have no previous exp with an iron then i would not choose a 3ds as your first project

. . . there are videos but that cant replace real knowledge nor a steady hand
    edit: and no tape will not work

Last edited by wormdood, Feb 7, 2016
    ZacharyAlkaff likes this.
  7. Mustaa

Mustaa Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    Guys i f I wanna upgrade my N3DSXL from 10.0 to 10.3 how do I do that? Can i Download the 10.3.0-28E firmware from that site to ugrade? So yes, how do I need to do that? I have acces to HBL with my N3DSXL.

Or can I just downgrade from 10.0 to 9.2 using safesys? Don't know if there is a higher chance of brick then?

8. Seiji Tanaka

Seiji Tanaka Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Can someone please answer my question? Thank you.

9. Typhin

Typhin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thank you for your response. My apologies for not responding earlier, when I went to mess with it again, I got an error with the SD card. So I used h2testw to test it and there seems to have been a problem with the card, and now I've replaced it.

It was my understanding that using Pasta was the first step in downgrading. When I run SysUpdater from the HBL, it seems to not attempt any sort of kernel exploit, and gives an error that it failed to get CIA file info. The version I'm running is the latest as far as I can tell, 0.4.2b. What is the correct steps for downgrading? The guides I've seen either say to run Pasta and then re-enter the HBL, or to simply run SysUpdater, and neither of those is working for me.

10. nic0lette

nic0lette Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Brilliant! Thank you very much =D

daxtsu likes this.
  11. gamer4lif3

gamer4lif3 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have a n3ds downgraded sysnand to 9.2 i have reinand and emunand updated to 10.5.What i want to know is can i buy a gateway 3ds card and have it work out of the box with my setup now or will i need to format everything and start from scratch to install gateway 3ds?

12. Erol

Erol GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    so, I'm running gateway with GW3D 9.5.0-23E should I update it to the latest version? Do I also have to update the original firmware of the 3DS or just the GW3D?

13. Mustaa

Mustaa Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Netherlands
    So I think it's soft bricked, got a black screen after trying to donwgrade my N3DSXL.. What to do now?

edit: Thanfully it works now

Last edited by Mustaa, Feb 7, 2016
  14. jlucasp25

jlucasp25 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    Hello guys, I already said this here but couldn't get a fix... So I'll ask again since i don't know where more to ask... After i Installed the cfw and unlinked the nands, all my pokémon (retail cart) games got their saves corrupted, does anyone know how to fix these? Or at least extract the pokemons on the save and transfer to another game? (If I erase the save and start a new game, they work normally, I just don't wanna lose all these years of gameplay) Thanks anyway.

15. YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Is the problem only with your 3ds
    Try the higher homebrew poke bank or pch ex++
    Or even use the official pokebank

16. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Look up cakedit's video on YouTube. He covers how to fix the black screen issue

17. Temarile

Temarile (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)

Netherlands
    What can I do to be able to run CFW on my O3DS 4.5.0? It has no browser and I don't have Cubic Ninja. I only have OOT as .cia file on my N3DS.

18. JCR1

JCR1 GBAtemp Regular

Mexico
    I have a question, with a new3ds in firmware 10.5 is still possible run multiregion games with the free region launcher? I have installed the homemenu with homebrew launcher, but no game to test yet, thanks!

19. idn

idn GBAtemp Regular

Anyone?

20. jlucasp25

jlucasp25 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    I've never tried another 3ds... and i would like to try and boot the game from sysnand but it's on 4.5 and i must update it to 9.2 to play it and i don't know how to that.
    Pokébank doesn't detect the save in the game.. says that i dont have any game inserted.. what homebrew are you talking?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,