Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I didn't use ctrulib, and not sure about Devkit.
Try to read this, and see the stuff on bhbl.3dsx. if it reminds you on anything.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...luding-emunand-coldboot-cia-installer.405589/
Unless I'm missing it, this only discusses using CTRBootmanager to specify the boot by renaming the boot.3dsx to something else. The idea that you proposed originally is editing the payload that the homebrew launcher cia uses (since it's just like any other otherapp payload afaik) so it doens't target boot.3dsx, but it targets hb8l.3dsx directly without CTRBootmanager.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK I'm a complete noob! I was trying to figure out what is going on with the crazy amount of options around, but it's just to much!! I tried reddit, but the guides here in gbatemp are a lot more comprehensive. Nevertheless I have a couple a questions.
Setup: I'm getting a n3ds xl and if the fw is at 10.5 how would I play the DS and 3DS backups? I just want a simple setup as much plug and play as possible.

1. Sky3DS already has on their website that it works with the recent 10.5 so I could just use that for the 3DS backups!
2. What are all these R4 cards? So goddamn confusing. I guess it comes from the DS, but I can't find information if R4 infinity 3.0 would work with the more recent FW versions.
3. If I buy a pack (link bellow) with Sky3DS + R4 Infinity 3.0 would I be able to play 3DS and DS backups on a FW 10.5 n3ds xl?

http://www.chipnplay.se/sky3ds-infinity-p-1229.html?cPath=11_49_61

Thanks for you time!

If the Sky3DS works then you can play 3DS backups on 10.5.

R4s are DS flashcards, they're like a Sky3DS but for DS. And I'm pretty sure they don't work with the current Firmware.

Hello. I'm hardcore noob on 3ds hackings. Unfortunately I've upgraded my new 3ds to 10.4

My question is, I wanted to play games, but they are SO expensive. Is there any way to play games just load to sd card. I read there is no downgrade from 10.4 to 9.2 right now. I wanted to know, how can I hack my system to play free games and much more. Please help me, I could'nt find how exactly I can do. You can describe me as my system ''10.3''. I think you get the point :)

If you're on 10.4 there's nothing you can do.

Last edited by thedude28,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless I'm missing it, this only discusses using CTRBootmanager to specify the boot by renaming the boot.3dsx to something else. The idea that you proposed originally is editing the payload that the homebrew launcher cia uses (since it's just like any other otherapp payload afaik) so it doens't target boot.3dsx, but it targets hb8l.3dsx directly without CTRBootmanager.
it related though.
for the first part, your original boot.3dsx was for HBL, but you have a 2nd boot.3dsx that goes towards coldboot. So you resolve this by renaming boot.3dsx to something else.

However, payload for homebrew will still try to find a file named boot.3dsx, which you renamed, so it target the coldboot boot.3dsx. so you want the payload to load the correct file by editing the payload where it says boot.3dsx to whatever you renamed your original boot.3dsx

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Grab a hex editor and go for it. All you really need to do is open up the file, ctrl+f "boot.3dsx" and replace it with whatever you want
you might want to suggest the hex editor as well since noobs might not now. heck, idr what I used.

I know i used 2 program, notepad++ and something else

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
ahaha no dw I got it now. I did legit not know that that was possible from a hex editor! I thought I was gonna have to manually build the entire thing. Juuust need to test it now but I don't see why this aint gonna work. (I just use HxD always btw)

Edit: as expected works.

Last edited by Favna,

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you might want to suggest the hex editor as well since noobs might not now. heck, idr what I used.

I know i used 2 program, notepad++ and something else

Sorry, I don't spoonfeed noobs links, I'm here to answer noob answers, since literally everything can be googled.

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is 10.5 safe to be installed on emuNAND? I'm on 10.4 right now and 9.2 on sysNAND. Only use ReiNand for CFW via CtrBootManager.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is 10.5 safe to be installed on emuNAND? I'm on 10.4 right now and 9.2 on sysNAND. Only use ReiNand for CFW via CtrBootManager.
Yes
Sorry, I don't spoonfeed noobs links, I'm here to answer noob answers, since literally everything can be googled.
well i didn't mean the link, but the recommend hex editor. then again, more or less asking since at the time, i forgot the other was HxD
the sys,theme folders in the rx tools folder?
you shouldn't touch the them folder.
Rather, just replace all of the rxtools with the new.
But rather delete the old incase not all of it get replaced

Reactions: BADDINOROX99

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to make online services work again on 10.3 without downgrade and emunand (Need a new sd before there will be space for a emunand)
I heard somewhere you can install Nver and Cver Cias would that work

From what I read, I think they locked out everyone on 10.3.

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just trying to understand save file backups... I have N3DS 9.2 running rxtools emunand with all games as CIAs.

1. If I don't format the system, can I just make a copy of the SD card to my PC to keep the saves safe in case the SD card dies?
2. If I do have to format the system, can I restore a backup of my emunand, and then copy the SD card backup back to the card with working saves?
3. Are 1 and 2 assumptions incorrect, and I still have to use savedatafiler? If so does this work properly with rxtools emunand? Most guides I saw were for Gateway. I don't know if it'll work for Monster Hunter X and games that new either.

Thanks to anyone who can answer these!

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you shouldn't touch the them folder.
Rather, just replace all of the rxtools with the new.
But rather delete the old incase not all of it get replaced[/QUOTE]

I replceced the theme folder also and everything works fine...however I find it to easy to update if that's all it takes is there anyway to find out what version of rx tools I'm running?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just trying to understand save file backups... I have N3DS 9.2 running rxtools emunand with all games as CIAs.

1. If I don't format the system, can I just make a copy of the SD card to my PC to keep the saves safe in case the SD card dies?
2. If I do have to format the system, can I restore a backup of my emunand, and then copy the SD card backup back to the card with working saves?
3. Are 1 and 2 assumptions incorrect, and I still have to use savedatafiler? If so does this work properly with rxtools emunand? Most guides I saw were for Gateway. I don't know if it'll work for Monster Hunter X and games that new either.

Thanks to anyone who can answer these!

1. Yes.
2. I think so, not to sure on this.
3. You can use savedatafiler, but I think you can use something else.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.