• Views 4,457,367
  • Replies 53,770
  • Likes 43

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OF COURSE I forgot to mention I'm on an O3DS, not an N3DS. Is 9.5 the highest an Emunand can go on an O3DS? Is there a list of games that cannot launch on a 9.5 emunand, or does CWF and Hans and whatnot circumvent all that? Are all the software and apps that require an NNID sign-in to function now screwed because of 10.5's new required update?

You've been very helpful, thank you.

On O3DS you can update to the latest Emunand version fine with RxTools.

kromlech06

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm happy to report that I have successfully downgraded to 9.2. Thanks, TheDude28.

I'm unhappy to report that I have no idea what to do first from here.

No really, I'm totally at a loss here. Do I dump my NAND using RXtools first? The GBAtemp link that comes up when I google "how to set up Emunand 9.2" is old as hell and doesn't seem to have much of value anymore.

Last edited by kromlech06,
Reactions: thedude28

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
my friend is using Rxtools on n3ds but he's having trouble installing final Fantasy explorers cia. It gives him an error whentrying to install. What could be the problem?
source: SOURCE_FSFILE_WRITE (0x1c) is the error he got

alvaromesa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Someone can help me?. I found an R4 card I used to use with a DSi and tried it out in the 3ds, ever since I tried booting it I cannot use the DS Profile exploit to load in to rxTools.I had to re install everything to play .cia games. Someone know what I can do with my R4 to not touch the DS profile or modify it back after I dont want to play more ds games?.

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone can help me?. I found an R4 card I used to use with a DSi and tried it out in the 3ds, ever since I tried booting it I cannot use the DS Profile exploit to load in to rxTools.I had to re install everything to play .cia games. Someone know what I can do with my R4 to not touch the DS profile or modify it back after I dont want to play more ds games?.

You can make the DS Profile exploit stick.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm happy to report that I have successfully downgraded to 9.2. Thanks, TheDude28.

I'm unhappy to report that I have no idea what to do first from here.

No really, I'm totally at a loss here. Do I dump my NAND using RXtools first? The GBAtemp link that comes up when I google "how to set up Emunand 9.2" is old as hell and doesn't seem to have much of value anymore.

You can start by getting homebrew again, then getting Emunand9 and using that to back up your SysNAND.

Animismus

Trophies
XP
Country
OK I'm a complete noob! I was trying to figure out what is going on with the crazy amount of options around, but it's just to much!! I tried reddit, but the guides here in gbatemp are a lot more comprehensive. Nevertheless I have a couple a questions.
Setup: I'm getting a n3ds xl and if the fw is at 10.5 how would I play the DS and 3DS backups? I just want a simple setup as much plug and play as possible.

1. Sky3DS already has on their website that it works with the recent 10.5 so I could just use that for the 3DS backups!
2. What are all these R4 cards? So goddamn confusing. I guess it comes from the DS, but I can't find information if R4 infinity 3.0 would work with the more recent FW versions.
3. If I buy a pack (link bellow) with Sky3DS + R4 Infinity 3.0 would I be able to play 3DS and DS backups on a FW 10.5 n3ds xl?

http://www.chipnplay.se/sky3ds-infinity-p-1229.html?cPath=11_49_61

Thanks for you time!

Mvrat

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello. I'm hardcore noob on 3ds hackings. Unfortunately I've upgraded my new 3ds to 10.4

My question is, I wanted to play games, but they are SO expensive. Is there any way to play games just load to sd card. I read there is no downgrade from 10.4 to 9.2 right now. I wanted to know, how can I hack my system to play free games and much more. Please help me, I could'nt find how exactly I can do. You can describe me as my system ''10.3''. I think you get the point :)

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, i am trying to boot ninjhax (hombrew) on reinand 10.5, booting with cia results in a red screen, and also with cubic ninja. (i used a new QR code for 10.5)

Any idea how i can acces it?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, i am trying to boot ninjhax (hombrew) on reinand 10.5, booting with cia results in a red screen, and also with cubic ninja. (i used a new QR code for 10.5)

Any idea how i can acces it?
for the cia, have you updated the payload?
or deleting the payload then downloading it agian?
not sure about NH

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
for the cia, have you updated the payload?
or deleting the payload then downloading it agian?
not sure about NH

Yes, i have downloaded the new payload, however same error.

(incase i did it wrong though, i do put the new payload on the root of my SD correct?)

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I know what version of Rx tools I am on?

The reason I'm asking I found a link to the latest nightly but since I don't know how to update what I did was copy and paste the sys,theme, folders into my SD card and RX tools boots up just fine but I'm not sure if that's the proper way to apply an update

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a way to make online services work again on 10.3 without downgrade and emunand (Need a new sd before there will be space for a emunand)
I heard somewhere you can install Nver and Cver Cias would that work

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It coldboots into reinand yes, not sure if i understand you :P.

what exactly do i need to change?

Thanks for thinking with me! appreciate it
IIRC, most people save their HBL boot file as something different so it doesn't interfe with boot.bin that coldboot has, or other way around. such as calling it hb8l(or any 4 character stuff) instead of boot.
Then they edit the payload, change the boot to hb8l.
So when payload runs, it uses hb8l to boot instead of boot which goes to coldboot.

TBreaker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm just wondering about signature patches on CFWs. Are they a permanent sysNAND modification or just temporary overwrites like HANS patches?

Favna

#PCMasterRace
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
IIRC, most people save their HBL boot file as something different so it doesn't interfe with boot.bin that coldboot has, or other way around. such as calling it hb8l(or any 4 character stuff) instead of boot.
Then they edit the payload, change the boot to hb8l.
So when payload runs, it uses hb8l to boot instead of boot which goes to coldboot.

Now that you mention it, I started looking into custom building the payloads a bit back but I just can't get that feel for it. Do you know how to or anything? I did grab DevKit and ctrulib but after that I'm just stuck :\

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.