• Likes 43

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aye aye, captain!

I think this settles then: i wont put my sysnand into emunand, because the unlink would kill everything again

Last question: is there any tool to transfer miis from Sysnand into Emunand?
i believe this process will transfer those things as well

Reactions: thedude28

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Aye aye, captain!

I think this settles then: i wont put my sysnand into emunand, because the unlink would kill everything again

Last question: is there any tool to transfer miis from Sysnand into Emunand?

If you do things right, you should be able to keep everything.

So if you do clone your sysnand into emunand, you can transfer your miis from Sysnand into Emunand.

Reactions: wormdood

SuperNintendo64

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
If you do things right, you should be able to keep everything.

So if you do clone your sysnand into emunand, you can transfer your miis from Sysnand into Emunand.

But... i wont clone Sysnand into Emunand

Because that would link both.

And then i would have to unlink both, using TinyFormat. And that would delete everything again

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But... i wont clone Sysnand into Emunand

Because that would link both.

And then i would have to unlink both, using TinyFormat. And that would delete everything again
if you never unlinked before then they are currently linked
they start that way
when you change a theme in sysnand does it change in emunand as well? . . . if so you are linked . . . if not then you are unlinked

Reactions: SuperNintendo64

SuperNintendo64

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
if you never unlinked before then they are currently linked
they start that way
when you change a theme in sysnand does it change in emunand as well? . . . if so you are linked . . . if not then you are unlinked

I did the "unlinking" first thing when i made the downgrade...

Thats what it is now. My Emunand is clean (some things ive installed) while my Sysnand has all my old stuff.

EDIT: Let me make the question clearer:

- My SYSnand and EMUnand are currently unlinked

- If i upgrade my SD card and inject my SYSnand.bin into my EMUnand, would it link em both again?

Last edited by SuperNintendo64,

KiseDC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What part are you stuck at? I understood it fine.
I don't understand all the steps on a CFW because it seems to be designed for Gateway. I use rxTools.

So I did this:

- I connected the MicroSD card to my PC.
- Since it was not specified in the tutorial, I put all my Sky3DS saves on a folder called "sav" at the root of the MicroSD.
- I changed their names to their respective game titles with the .sav extension.
- I put the SD back in my 3DS.
- I didn't executed any exploit because idk what to do here. Also ignored the "mount your .3ds/.3dz game" step (also don't know how to do that on a CFW), and the file export.
- When I go to the SD tab in SaveDataFiler, there's nothing. So I didn't imported anything.

Last edited by KiseDC,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it possible to run DS carts in emuNAND? If so, please show me how, I cannot run DS carts in emuNAND.
Both rxTools and ReiNAND can run DS carts in emuNAND, I'm not sure about Cakes. Gateway cannot run DS carts in emuNAND. If you're using Gateway, the only way to run carts in emuNAND is to switch to one of the CFWs.

Rob Tree

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both rxTools and ReiNAND can run DS carts in emuNAND, I'm not sure about Cakes. Gateway cannot run DS carts in emuNAND. If you're using Gateway, the only way to run carts in emuNAND is to switch to one of the CFWs.
Strange, my rxTools doesn't run DS carts. It just shows a black screen forever and then I reboot manually.

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to buy a flashcart for my o3DS (Was looking into the DSTWO+) I'm not really sure how any of this works but to my understanding I need to be running on 4.2-4.5 to use it? I'm on 9.9.0-26U. Am I out of luck when it comes to flashcarts?

Also, if I bought a N3DS will I be able to use a flashcart on that with the stock firmware?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Strange, my rxTools doesn't run DS carts. It just shows a black screen forever and then I reboot manually.
How old is the version of rxTools you're running? They work on my O3DS that has the beta build from October. They also work on my ReiNAND N3DS.

Still need help with this, nothing showing up on google
I replied to you; yes it is safe.

I want to buy a flashcart for my o3DS (Was looking into the DSTWO+) I'm not really sure how any of this works but to my understanding I need to be running on 4.2-4.5 to use it? I'm on 9.9.0-26U. Am I out of luck when it comes to flashcarts?

Also, if I bought a N3DS will I be able to use a flashcart on that with the stock firmware?
You can downgrade and use CFW and avoid having to pay for a flashcart altogether. If you're insistent on using a flashcart, you'll need to downgrade for Gateway or DSTWO+ or you can use a Sky3DS+.

Civori

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can downgrade and use CFW and avoid having to pay for a flashcart altogether. If you're insistent on using a flashcart, you'll need to downgrade for Gateway or DSTWO+ or you can use a Sky3DS+.

I was actually just looking into CFW I might go that route. Thank you :)

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand all the steps on a CFW because it seems to be designed for Gateway. I use rxTools.

So I did this:

- I connected the MicroSD card to my PC.
- Since it was not specified in the tutorial, I put all my Sky3DS saves on a folder called "sav" at the root of the MicroSD.
- I changed their names to their respective game titles with the .sav extension.
- I put the SD back in my 3DS.
- I didn't executed any exploit because idk what to do here. Also ignored the "mount your .3ds/.3dz game" step (also don't know how to do that on a CFW), and the file export.
- When I go to the SD tab in SaveDataFiler, there's nothing. So I didn't imported anything.

If you had a Gateway, you would follow Method A.

But they included a method for importing saves from a retail cart.

Sky3DS emulates a retail cart, so you can just follow that method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol