• Views 4,460,146
  • Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nope, only Ninjhax. I did have Ironhax before the data loss.
That's strange. You could try booting into the recovery menu and updating from there. You would need to downgrade again, but it should at least make your 3DS bootable again. The recovery menu can be accessed by holding A + R + L + Up on the d-pad while booting.

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes. You can delete them manually from sysNAND afterwards and emuNAND should be unaffected. However, next time you make a change on emuNAND's system settings, they will be copied to sysNAND again.

You uninstalled and reinstalled this cia? Or you uninstalled it and the icon is still there? If the latter, it's causing an error do to it trying to boot a nonexistent title. If the former, I'm not sure why you're getting an error. Either way, try uninstalling the game through system settings. Boot into the NAND that you installed the cia on in CFW. After that, go to sytem settings > data management > 3DS > software and uninstall the game from there. Try reinstalling it after that and see if it works.

For O3DS use this tutorial. For N3DS use this tutorial.

Could be a couple things.

First, have you done this step?

Second, when launching FBI from the HBL, you need to boot into CFW first. Boot CFW then boot into the HBL then launch FBI from there.

If neither of these solve the issue, I'm not sure what the issue is.

Could you give more details? What were the last things you did before this started happening?

Ive done the DB/title reset twice, just to make sure.

Butthe HBL fbi installer gives the following error when trying to install the fbi.cia

Install failed!
FBI.CIA
Source: SOURCE_am_START_CIA_INSTALL (0X13)
Module: MODULE_NN_OS (0X6)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0X1B)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0X8)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND (0X2f)
Press start to continu

This HBL is ofc started after i booted up cake cfw.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ive done the DB/title reset twice, just to make sure.

Butthe HBL fbi installer gives the following error when trying to install the fbi.cia

Install failed!
FBI.CIA
Source: SOURCE_am_START_CIA_INSTALL (0X13)
Module: MODULE_NN_OS (0X6)
Level: LEVEL_PERMANENT (0X1B)
Summary: SUMMARY_WRONG_ARGUMENT (0X8)
Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_COMMAND (0X2f)
Press start to continu

This HBL is ofc started after i booted up cake cfw.
Is the HBL FBI able to install cias other than FBI or is it a problem with all cias?

Murmandamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi ive encountered a couple issues the 1st is that ive installed 3D Bare Knuckle II and it was fine for a few days today tho i booted up rxtools emunand and it was gone the square where it was is empty but when i check the sd card in 3ds data managment it is still there so i dont understand ive reinstalled a few times and it still happens. the 2nd is i have a 0ld3ds on rxtools 3.0 sysnand 9.2 emunand 10.3 nands unlinked and i cant get gba VC games to work no matter what ive tried any ideas?

EDIT
as far as the game not showing up i moved a new game into bare knuckle 2 old slot and now after rebooting into rxtools that game is gone??? is that square messed up or what im really lost lol and also still cant play any gba games on emunand is there a gba bios file or something else i need all i have is the basic rxtools 3.0 install.

bump

still having these issues i found a guide for gba said to patch the agba_firm ut the numbers in 3DNUS1.9 always say error wrong number 0004013800000202' title 'v3665' these are the right numbers but same error anyway 3d bare knuckle still disappears ive used FBI and BBM PLEASE HELP

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
all, beside fbi.cia i have triedto install the bigbluemenu.cia, same problem sadly.
I'm going to assume you've rebuilt the database files for both sysNAND and emuNAND? I'm not sure what could be causing the issue if that's the case. You might want to try asking in the FBI thread, somebody who knows more about it may be able to help.

sketchyfood

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm back with using this guide to make GBA games work without emulation. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/ I installed the patched AGB_FIRM on emuNAND but it still didn't work, and internet research said the patched cia had to be installed on both sysNAND and emuNAND. idk how to do that, H&S on sysnand doesn't open into FBI. If my nands are unlinked and emunand is on 10.3/sysnand is 9.2 am I screwed on trying to play GBA games?

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm going to assume you've rebuilt the database files for both sysNAND and emuNAND? I'm not sure what could be causing the issue if that's the case. You might want to try asking in the FBI thread, somebody who knows more about it may be able to help.

I did, however it did reset in sys, but it didnt on emunand.

Im really lost now haha. i will post it into the fbi thread too ty for your help though mate! Appreciate it :)

Reactions: BobDoleOwndU

caladbolgII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reinstalling fixed the game. Apparently it was because i left a savedata inside the folder. deleting that solved my problem. Another question though, is it possible to use my backed up cartridge saves using power saves with installed cia games? I want to continue my cartridge save

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I'm back with using this guide to make GBA games work without emulation. https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-agb_firm-signature-patcher-gba-rom-converter.390313/ I installed the patched AGB_FIRM on emuNAND but it still didn't work, and internet research said the patched cia had to be installed on both sysNAND and emuNAND. idk how to do that, H&S on sysnand doesn't open into FBI. If my nands are unlinked and emunand is on 10.3/sysnand is 9.2 am I screwed on trying to play GBA games?
You need to install FBI over the Health & Safety app for sysNAND via the rxTools menu. After that, you need to boot CFW in sysNAND to use FBI.

I need ninjahax to install cfw? I have menuhax and rxtools currently and i justed backed up my nand file i'm not sure what i'm suppose to do.
Nope, you don't need Ninjhax. RxTools is CFW. If you've installed rxTools and emuNAND then you should be good to go.

Reinstalling fixed the game. Apparently it was because i left a savedata inside the folder. deleting that solved my problem. Another question though, is it possible to use my backed up cartridge saves using power saves with installed cia games? I want to continue my cartridge save
You should be able to export your carts' saves with SaveDataFiler. After you've exported them, you can import them to your SD card and use them with your cias.

caladbolgII

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You should be able to export your carts' saves with SaveDataFiler. After you've exported them, you can import them to your SD card and use them with your cias.

I tried extracting and it gave me a bunch of .dat files. Do I have to convert them or something? Games on the SD card use .sav files

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Never mind I got them to work now. Thank you very much. I can finally enjoy undub versions of the rpg's i bought

Last edited by caladbolgII,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think i have done something wrong unless you need to activate via internet bowser each time. I backed up my nand without emu9nand do i need both?
You will need to launch the exploit from the browser until/unless you install another launch method (like HomeMenuHax). After you've copied your NAND backup somewhere safe, you can remove the backup from your SD card.

I tried extracting and it gave me a bunch of .dat files. Do I have to convert them or something? Games on the SD card use .sav files
On SaveDataFiler, go to the far right tab, highlight the save and press the button that corresponds to "import to SD."

Last edited by BobDoleOwndU,

LongLiveTheKing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need to launch the exploit from the browser until/unless you install another launch method (like HomeMenuHax). After you've copied your NAND backup somewhere safe, you can remove the backup from your SD card.

On SaveDataFiler, go to the far right tab, highlight the save and press the button that corresponds to "import to SD."
oh thanks so i'm fine with just rx tools i could install stuff. I just wanna update so i can play stuff online and install some cias.

Murmandamus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

how did you get the 3DNUS to work i put in the numbers and hit download and keep getting any error with the numbers from that guide for my old 3ds same emunand and sysnand u have.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if i did or not. I didn't set up any emuNAND but i did back up my NAND.
You'll need to set up emuNAND as well, otherwise you won't be able to update without actually udpating the system. EmuNAND9 can set up emuNAND. Before setting up emuNAND make a backup of all of the files on your SD card. EmuNAND9 will wipe your SD card when setting up emuNAND. After it's finished setting up emuNAND you can copy the files back to your SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    Karma177 @ Karma177: do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea? trying to...