• Views 4,540,844
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And Confirmed, my theory was correct. It was a 2nd emuNAND, as I didn't restore my emuNAND after the making my emuNAND the first time around. This created a new EmuNAND.
So as a note how you have to document the proccess you make EmuNAND.

Now that I'm trying to get my Original EmuNAND to eshop, i'm trying to upgrade from 9.2 to 9.5. however, i'm having emuNAND Brick problems.
My process:
1) Use FBI to install Sysupdater. Only FBI and SYSupdater have been installed.
2) go to sysupdater, press update.
3) Wait for complete update and reset
4) See bottom screen saying "setting up Home Menu" for about a second, before going black and brick. (screen is on though)
5) Occasional when i power off, it says sleep mode, However, that all it says.

Any ideas why it brick? the 9.5 CIA files I use work, since I used the first time successfully.
Or is i'm not waiting long enough on step 4 after it goes black.

Which region is your 3ds from?

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Follow this guide to get NNID Access

Once you get this error: 022-2634, follow this guide:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/question-about-unlink-link-sysnand-and-emunand.408323/

1. Backup emuNand with the emuNand tool.
2. Backup emuNand's files which are inside the Nintendo 3DS folder of your sd card.
3. Format emunand from system settings (normally)
4. On the newly formatted emuNand, set everything up again ( date, name, etc.) and link your NNID ( now you can).
5. Turn off 3ds. And restore the emuNAND backup and the folder you backupd previously.
6. DONE

i supppose they mean emunand9 and dumping emunand to emunand.bin and afterwards, cloning emunand.bin to emunand, yes?

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Backup emuNand with the emuNand tool.
2. Backup emuNand's files which are inside the Nintendo 3DS folder of your sd card.
3. Format emunand from system settings (normally)
4. On the newly formatted emuNand, set everything up again ( date, name, etc.) and link your NNID ( now you can).
5. Turn off 3ds. And restore the emuNAND backup and the folder you backupd previously.
6. DONE

i supppose they mean emunand9 and dumping emunand to emunand.bin and afterwards, cloning emunand.bin to emunand, yes?

That and backing up Emunand folder in the Nintendo 3DS folder. You can tell if you've installed titles in emunand.

Pikasack

What is a title
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to update Emunand safely on linked NANDS?
Like, I've heard that your Sysnand can update as well sometimes, but i want to keep them linked for the sake of having my NNID on one.
(Unless I get the gift wrap glitch)
So is just going straight to System Update while in Emunand the way to go?
Or can my Sysnand still be updated...?

holdfastandbrave

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay so. bought a new sdhc card (already downgraded/hacked/rxtools/have cias installed/etc.). i have my nand backup. how do i go about restoring nand/setting up the new card?

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just loading up Tomodatchi Life on Emunand and prompted "A software update is available. Please download it from Nintendo eShop."
Its a 2ds/old 3ds and Emunand still on 9.2.0. What happens if I proceed to update? I believe old 3ds have no problem updating emunand to 10.3 but since this mentions eshop is it f irmware related?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a way to play custom gba games through emunand?
you do lol
the way to do it is to have it installed on Sysnand and Emunand
okay so. bought a new sdhc card (already downgraded/hacked/rxtools/have cias installed/etc.). i have my nand backup. how do i go about restoring nand/setting up the new card?

How to move Games, Saves, Themes, and Emunand to a new SD card
  1. Get Emunand Tool
  2. Insert your old SD card in your PC
  3. Open Emunand Tool and select "Extract EmuNAND"
  4. Save it somewhere on your PC (as "emunand.bin" if you want)
  5. Backup all your SD card files to your PC
  6. Eject your old SD card
  7. Put Gateway's launcher.dat on your new SD card
  8. Format emunand on your new SD card via the gateway menu
  9. Turn off your 3DS
  10. Insert your new SD card in your PC
  11. Open Emunand Tool and select "Inject NAND to emuNAND"
  12. Select the emunand.bin you made in step 3 & 4
  13. Close Emunand Tool when done
  14. Put backup of SD card files (from step 5) on your new SD card
  15. Done, emunand and files (saves, games, etc.) have been transferred to your new SD card!

Reactions: samiam144
D

Deleted User

Geh, after having been sitting in place for about four hours reading about CFW and how to set up emuNAND, I've finally done it, and everything works.

The only thing I have left to do is unlink my NANDs. Though, for every guide I've looked it, it always looks like it's telling me to format my emuNAND in some manner. But I'd rather keep my emuNAND as the original, and format my sysNAND to unlink. Problem is I don't know if it will unlink the NANDs properly, since I know everything done in sysNAND is mirrored to emuNAND if they're linked. After searching around here I've finally thrown in the towel.

Question: in order to unlink my NANDs, can I just format my sysNAND and keep my emuNAND the way it is? It seems like the guides all assume you want to have a clean emuNAND instead, although I'm not sure if formatting the sysNAND will unlink the NANDs.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: in order to unlink my NANDs, can I just format my sysNAND and keep my emuNAND the way it is? It seems like the guides all assume you want to have a clean emuNAND instead, although I'm not sure if formatting the sysNAND will unlink the NANDs.
What kind of guides have you be reading....
Cause when you take out sd card, system format, then put card it, that cleans the sysNAND, not emunand

You most likely want to leave your sysnand untouched

NoNoNeko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okai, so how do I go about installing the cia to the sysnand? I don't want to screw up my 3ds, as I think I should ask before I go and click the install button for the gba vc onto nand. Thanks :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/wZgjSNb-o4c?si=ajt4Lgq_LTYcXxs2 +1