• Views 4,467,427
  • Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Question, which steps I need to take if I want install rxtools if my console that has firmware 4.4 with emunand 10.3, I'm gateway card owner and want the cfw to play without the card, is too hard??

thanks.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if these have been asked a million times but I'm new to 3ds hacks. I've got a few questions. I want to downgrade my n3ds from 10.3 to 9.2 and I get how to do that, but:

1. When I install emunand on my New 3ds I can't update it to 10.3 can I? It doesn't support the latest firmware on n3DS right? Why does it on the original 3ds but not New 3ds? Is that likely to change in the future?

2. Can I access the eshop from my emunand even if i'm not on the latest firmware and use it just like I do now with my normal NNID to buy games etc?

3. If nintendo release a new firmware (10.4 or whatever), I'm likely to lose access to the eshop aren't I? Or will homebrew help me access it?

4. What happens to all my digital games that i've bought and save files when I downgrade to 9.2 and install emunand? I won't lose access to them will I? Will my saves continue to work fine, do I have to download my games again or do I have to do something before I downgrade to protect them?

5. Why is it a good idea to unlink sysnand and emunand?

6. If I want to remove all the hacks and go back to the official latest firmware like nothing ever happened. Is that easy to do? Bear in mind I have a lot of eshop purchases tied to my NNID.

7. Is it possible for Nintendo to ban my NNID or console? How do I avoid that?

Thanks!
Well that why there this noobs thread, a lot of those are answered in the main tutorial around
1) new encryption on 9.5, could change when people understand that encryption. Remember n3ds has slightly different stuff then odds

2)follow this
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-access-nnid-and-eshop-on-9-5-0-23-emunand.407714/

3) homebrew should give you access. Otherwise, just wait till people figure out how to spoof.

4)not sure. If you are worried about the save, you can always use svdt or another save file program to backup and restore saves. Say, you back up, and the game itself is gone latter, you can always install a cia of the game and restore the save there

5) so you don't accidentally update sysnand past 9.2 and can make backup incase you screw up

Sorry, Idk the rest

DeathChaos

Unmei wo koeru!
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
So I have a question.

My sysNAND and emuNAND are both unlinked, I linked my NNID to my emuNAND, however, it turns out I can't use DLCs unless I actually own them, this started happening after linking my NNID to emuNAND, what would be the best way to go about removing my NNID from emuNAND?

Is formatting the emuNAND from system settings safe?

Or should I just wipe the emuNAND and create a new one?

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I am having a bit of issues.

I cannot read save data on SD card. Theme still works, games can be launched from HANS, all DSiWare works, and all data can be read from system settings.

Here is everything I have done up to the problem starting:

1.Downgraded O3DSXL from 10.3 to 9.2 after 5 tries (4 of them were non-working sysUpdater apps)
2.Loaded up. All folders gone and theme removed, and dsiware was re-wrapped. All data was still accessible.
3.Fixed everything up, still accessible
4.Installed CTRBootMgr and rxTools. Still accessible.
5.Tried to install FBI.cia with FBI.3dsx, and SNES9X Next cia. Both failed. From here on, I could not access data on home menu, but I still have my theme, DSiWare that had to be re-unwrapped on my NAND. On top of that, settings can still see the data. I also would have NSMB2 on home menu (legit from eShop), but it is not there. I have a HANS shortcut for it in HBL, and it loads perfectly fine, with save data.

Can someone help me with this issue, as I play smash with friends on a day-to-day basis. HANS is Smash incompatible (crashes when going into CSS, local multiplayer, and probably more. Plus it can't detect save data on SD card). Region4 crashes when launching smash. Home menu smash also crashes like region4. It loads, but never makes it to loading screen (with smash ball) or reading from SD card. hangs on black screen.

Last edited by seijinshu,

thedude28

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
6. If I want to remove all the hacks and go back to the official latest firmware like nothing ever happened. Is that easy to do? Bear in mind I have a lot of eshop purchases tied to my NNID.

7. Is it possible for Nintendo to ban my NNID or console? How do I avoid that?

Thanks!

6. Yes. If you have your NNID linked to your Sysnand you can just update to the latest firmware there. Then you'll be locked out of emunand.
If you have your NNID linked on Emunand however, that's a different story.

7. Yes, it's possible to get your console banned. If you own a Sky3DS or a Gateway Red card (or whatever uses .3DS files) you need to make sure they have private headers, otherwise there's a chance you'll ban your console.

seijinshu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so I'm trying to downgrade my 9.3 o3ds to 9.2 by following *removed link accidentally* However I bought my o3ds in Australia and can't find the update pack *censor warez* that fit the region, there are only EUR ,USA ,JPN ,KOR , TWN and CHN

Is there a place to download AUS update packs?
Woah woah woah. Do not link to that site. it contains too much warez.
By the way, can someone help me with the problem above. I need it taken care of in about 6 hours.

Last edited by seijinshu,

Tomato-sandwich

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! Someone was helping me with my problem but I can't find the page >.<

The problem I had was: I have a N3DSXL with 9.2 or 9.0 (I think it's 9.2.) The only thing I want to do is install Japanese homepage themes and maybe use custom themes. I have a Japanese code for a theme from buying an actual Japanese game. I do not want to use roms or any other hacking tools. I have CUBIC NINJA (the actual copy of the game) as suggested by a friend. I looked at this but I'm utterly confused. https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-more-or-less-catch-all-tutorial.407080/page-4

My question is how do I do the above?

Last edited by Tomato-sandwich,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 questions
1) Would anyone know how to cancel a support ticket to nintendo? I answered my question and rather not have Nintendo answer it
2) If i were to install a Mii Plaza Patch CIA, should i install it to SD like everything else or to NAND?

stayingarmed

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking at buying a n3ds in the next few weeks. To do the current modding (rxtools, cake cfw, pasta, etc) do I need a legit copy of ninja or would a flashcard version work?

Elaugaufein

Trophies
XP
Country
Depends on the firmware and what you mean by flashcard. If it's over 9.2, Gateway won't currently work since you need an entry point to get the Gateway card to work. The Sky3DS variants will work though. If its 9.2 or below then you can bootstrap into Gateway so you can use a flashcard version (but you'd be better off to bootstrap Menuhax instead).

Screvvy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I got my first issue fixed, but now I have a couple of other issues.
1. I can't install CIAs onto the emuNAND now. When I install it through FBI (on Homebrew) it actually goes to SysNAND despite being set to SD (assuming that's emuNAND), and even then it still requires I use PastaCFW prior to booting
2. rxTools can't find Health & Safety on the emuNAND for FBI injection
Can I please get help with this? I've been at this for days now

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy