• Views 4,421,985
  • Replies 53,761
  • Likes 43

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I wonder if someone in the know could tell me, like if I was retarted, what I need to fix themehax or anything that works well. If I understand correctly, themehax allows loading cfw directly on boot?

I currently use rxtools with pasta cfw on my original 3DS, booting it with the internet browser. I'm on 9.2 (or 9.5, I can't check it at the moment) sysnand, and I'm on 10.-something- on emunand. I've got the CIA installer through the health and safety icon (FBI, I guess).

As you might notice, I've forgotten a lot of things and names. If someone could write here (or better yet, PM me) with detailed instructions and suggestions, I'd be really happy, and even more happy if links to everything (that's legal) could be provided, since I'm quite a moron when it comes to the 3ds "scene". :)

Thanks in advance!

Download Smea's latest Starter Pack, Menuhax 2.0 will be included there, make sure you are connected to the internet and install it from the homebrew launcher, then in the Menuhax manager go to the button trigger configuration, choose type 1 and touch the screen, this will configure it to boot Menuhax unless any button us pressed. (You can test if it's working if you want, on boot you should get to the homebrew launcher if no buttons are pressed).

Then in your computer rename HBL boot.3dsx to boot_hb.3dsx, download ctrbootmanager and place the 2 files (boot.3dsx and config.cg) at the root of your SD card.

That's all you need to do.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello all, I'm a noob when it comes to 3DS homebrews. I just wanted to know if any of you guys are able to help me out, my son 3DS XL is updated with the latest Nintendo update (10.3.0-28 U), and I am wondering if I'm able to downgrade it and put some new games in it.

Or do I have to wait until the homebrews update reach this one? (If this is happening, I won't update the video game anymore). Feel free to PM me.

Thank you all. =)

No, the maximum formware to hack the 3DS is 9.2, we don't really know if there will be new hacks coming.

Your options at the moment are:

1) Buy a Sky3ds flashcart.
2) Buy another syatem with below or equal to 9.2
3) Wait for something that may never happen or take a long a time (possibly years).

Sherog

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
No, the maximum formware to hack the 3DS is 9.2, we don't really know if there will be new hacks coming.

Your options at the moment are:

1) Buy a Sky3ds flashcart.
2) Buy another syatem with below or equal to 9.2
3) Wait for something that may never happen or take a long a time (possibly years).

Ok my friend. But should I buy a Sky3ds flashcard? Can I downgrade my system? Thank you in advance.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Download Smea's latest Starter Pack, Menuhax 2.0 will be included there, make sure you are connected to the internet and install it from the homebrew launcher, then in the Menuhax manager go to the button trigger configuration, choose type 1 and touch the screen, this will configure it to boot Menuhax unless any button us pressed. (You can test if it's working if you want, on boot you should get to the homebrew launcher if no buttons are pressed).

Then in your computer rename HBL boot.3dsx to boot_hb.3dsx, download ctrbootmanager and place the 2 files (boot.3dsx and config.cg) at the root of your SD card.

That's all you need to do.
Neat! I guess hbl isn't included in the starter pack? I don't think that I have it installed, so I'll have to get it first. It's easy enough to install right?

Last edited by Issac,

NepNeptunia

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

It's been a while since I did not modify anything on my N3DS (GW3D 9.0.0-20E), as I didn't feel like I needed to. But recently I've downloaded Monster Hunter X and would have liked to play online. However for this, I need to access the eShop.

So I tried to learn how I could do this, but as I said, I haven't modified anything for a while, so it's a lot of new stuff at once, and I'm not exactly sure if I understood everything correctly.

I downloaded what I think are the latest NVer and Tiger versions from you know where. Apparently I only have to install the .cia and I'm done. But I have a few questions :

> Some people say you should make sure you're installing them on your emuNAND and not on your sysNAND. I never heard of BigBlueMenu being able to install stuff on the sysNAND, so now I'm worried about doing it by mistake.

> The game .3ds is a japanese version (the only one available now, and I plan to play with people having the japanese version anyway), but I see that NVer and Tiger have specific versions for each region. Wouldn't it be a problem if I install the update for the japanese version of Monster Hunter on my N3DS which is a EUR version ?

Could someone explain all this for me ?

Thank you very much.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you even use a theme you bought with menuhax 2.1 on 10.3JP? That's the only thing that is putting me off from using menuhax.

cahir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Could I get some advice how to get Hans game versions working on N3DS (rxtools 9.0).
I'm trying to run Bravely Default Hans version (uncensored version from Asia81).

I cant seems to get it working, any idea what I'm doing wrong?
I extracted the Hans version as instructed t my sd card+installed the game cia-and all I got is 'Missing target title' in game shortcut in HBL.
how do I point to 'target title' , do need to put the .cia in hans folder or smth similar?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Neat! I guess hbl isn't included in the starter pack? I don't think that I have it installed, so I'll have to get it first. It's easy enough to install right?

HBL > Homebrew Launcher...

Ok my friend. But should I buy a Sky3ds flashcard? Can I downgrade my system? Thank you in advance.

Apparently you are in luck today, Smea told everyone about 2 unreleased exploits yesterday.

He didn't release anything but he basically told everyone how to do it.

Those hacks will probably allow downgrade but we have to wait until they materialize.

Reactions: Sherog

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
HBL > Homebrew Launcher...
Oh yes, I'm well aware, I just wrote HBL since I was on my phone ;)
The question still stands, I assume that the Homebrew Launcher isn't included in the starter pack? I hear everyone talk about HBL, but I've never installed it :P Not that I know at least.

Also, where can I find this starter pack? My google-fu is really weak when it comes to this.

Last edited by Issac,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes, I'm well aware, I just wrote HBL since I was on my phone ;)
The question still stands, I assume that the Homebrew Launcher isn't included in the starter pack? I hear everyone talk about HBL, but I've never installed it :P Not that I know at least.

Also, where can I find this starter pack? My google-fu is really weak when it comes to this.

Easy to install, HBL included in the starter kit:

http://smealum.github.io/3ds/

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question about the latest N3DS hax, should an opportunist's goal be to hack>downgrade>emuNAND?

This just seems like the most profitable coarse of action to me.

I'm just soaking all this info up today, so let me know if I'm off the beaten path.

Thanks.

tan-tan

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I left the 3DS scene for a few days and I come back to several (!) new hacks. I have a N3DS on 10.0.0-27U. From what I understand from the threads (they aren't all that clear) it's now possible to downgrade a N3DS unit to 9.2 with these hacks (and then I would assume it would be possible to set up something like rxtools? that's what i'm trying to accomplish here)

So really my questions are: Have any of these hacks even been released? If so, which of these hacks should I use for my console? How do I use it? Is there a guide? (I couldn't find any...)

Last edited by tan-tan,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2.6 doesn't have Dev Mode, use 2.5.2 instead, it will be at the bottom of the menu.

And the nightly buids are the versions with fancy menus.

You are using an official Roxas75 version.
Well, I nearly had a heart attack while updating to 9.2, but it worked perfectly! Thanks! I set up Themehax to autoboot, and have rxTools on cold boot. Is there a reason why it sometimes just black screens, and never loads my emunand?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I nearly had a heart attack while updating to 9.2, but it worked perfectly! Thanks! I set up Themehax to autoboot, and have rxTools on cold boot. Is there a reason why it sometimes just black screens, and never loads my emunand?

That's normal, these exploits don't work %100 of the times, it will get stuck every now and then but there is no harm in that.

Make sure you are using Menuhax 2.0 (the one with the fancy customizable bootscreen ;) and not the old first Themehax/homemenuhax, it had a really shitty boot rate.

Last edited by Tony_93,

WallK

Get off my lawn
Trophies
XP
Country
How do I transfer saves from sky3ds to cfws? I don't have sky3ds on me, but have its sd card and saves backups from diskwriter. Thank you

Beckio

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone, new to the forums! I used to own a ds lite when I was about 12! Never used a flash card in my life. Recently just found out about them as I'm planning on buying the new 3ds xl.
Just my question is if I bought a sky3ds can I download and play 3ds games ?

Sorry if been asked loads of times I just don't understand half the things being said haha! Thankyou anyway!

mancasoko

Trophies
XP
Country
I have problem booting into gateway mode. Everything worked fine, I just eject my gateway card to put some gateway cheats on it and return it back but now every time I want the boot gateway mode after gateway sign screen turns black and nothing happen after that. I restart it and try again and it is always like that. Did someone had the same problem and how to fix it? Thanks. :)

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What are my options then? Is it possible to update to 9.X?
Yes it is possible to update to 9.X. See the instructions I posted for Viri in the post your replied to.

I cannot find advance options. I hold R, and my rxtools menu looks like this(image isn't my 3ds, heh).

http://imgur.com/dQ1OUfa

How come other people have fancy rxtool menus with more options, and mine looks so plain?
That's rxTools 2.6, which doesn't have the devmode option. You need to use one of the 3.0 beta versions or 2.5.2. The reason others have a different looking rxTools menu is that they are using one of the 3.0 beta versions, which changed the look of the menu drastically and will also have the other options you're missing. Use this version of rxTools if you're not sure which one to use.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s