• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using FBI? You shouldn't be trying to install system titles with BBM.
see there you go again with all that yelling . . . damn man:rofl:

btw i think that is what i am saying (in soft tones)

at 32 second mark i saw the problem its your cia installer it does not allow you to write over the existing one use devmenu2x or fbi1.14.1

Last edited by wormdood,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
at 32 second mark i saw the problem its your cia installer it does not allow you to write over the existing one use devmenu2x or fbi1.14.1

But there is more to it than just that.

1) FBI is needed to overwrite an old cia.

2) Sysnand: DS Mode in emunand relies strictly in sysnand just like AGB (Since I even bricked DS Mode in emunand by manipulating sysnand only and nothing more).

3) It has to be in the NAND and not in SD on top of that, since is a system title.

In any case, @Ruby Gloom do at your own risk.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But there is more to it than just that.

1) FBI is needed to overwrite an old cia.

2) Sysnand: DS Mode in emunand relies strictly in sysnand just like AGB (Since I even bricked DS Mode in emunand by manipulating sysnand only and nothing more).

3) It has to be in the NAND and not in SD on top of that, since is a system title.

In any case, @Ruby Gloom do at your own risk.
1. devmenu2x will as wsll
2. true . . . ( and did you fix it ?)
3. devmenu2x will install them to the proper place without selecting a destination (i know from experience . . . and it took me like 2 &1/2 hrs of intense google-ing to find a devmenu2x.cia . . .if i remember correctly i got it from the 3ds cfw download site belonging to the guy who was banned from here over a debate/claim of rxtools creation . . .something about skype's weak sucurity and useing it to steal work or whatever bs he claims) most of the downloads were updated to bbm

Last edited by wormdood,

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Install failed.
Blue.Cia invalid argument

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Attachments

• IMG_20151105_080245265.jpg
    IMG_20151105_080245265.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 137

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. devmenu2x will as wsll
2. true . . . ( and did you fix it ?)
3. devmenu2x will install them to the proper place without selecting a destination (i know from experience . . . and it took me like 2 &1/2 hrs of intense google-ing to find a devmenu2x.cia) most of the downloads were updated to bbm

Didn't bother to fix it to be honest, I only have a day one sysnand backup from this 3DS, still having DS Mode work in sysnand plus my 3 N3DS's that play DS games just fine isn't worth the effort to destroy and redo all my set up just to get DS Mode working in emunand again...

Did you get it working by the way?

Install failed.
Blue.Cia invalid argument

What's your FBI's version? "Invalid version" means that there is another version already installed and FBI is struggling to install this one since is an older one.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Didn't bother to fix it to be honest, I only have a day one sysnand backup from this 3DS, still having DS Mode work in sysnand plus my 3 N3DS's that play DS games just fine isn't worth the effort to destroy and redo all my set up just to get DS Mode working in emunand again...

Did you get it working by the way?
I don't have another installed.
V.1.4.15

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
How do I remove it? The only way another is installed is of GameStop took this out of the box, hacked it, and put it back it. I have tiresly tried to install this for a long time. I have downloaded multiple times

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the update i downloaded and installed was labeled 9.2 but was 9.0 :/ . . . the same one i was on:shit: so i still changed rxtool version and . . . no luck :nayps3: (i know this emoji is for ps3 but it looks like my 2ds)

LOL I got trolled the first time too! :rofl:

That's why I specifically said a "full 9.2 update" in the post. :rofl:

How do I remove it? The only way another is installed is of GameStop took this out of the box, hacked it, and put it back it. I have tiresly tried to install this for a long time. I have downloaded multiple times

No, every 3DS brings DS support out of the box. The cia was there from the way one that you got your system, don't know why FBI can't overwrite it tho.

I think you should just ditch that bluecard and get a propper DS flashcard, that's better than you ending up with a brick by deleting the wrong title or end up with no DS Mode at all.

Last edited by Tony_93,
Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@wormdood

Thank you for the clear, non sarcastic and helpful explanation

I appreciate you taking the time helping myself and other members :)
hmm? something i wrote being defined as clear . . . a little far-fetched in my opinion, but honestly the only times in my life i have been called non-sarcastic was in a sarcastic manner :rofl2: so truthfully im left unsure about your real intent but either way. . .
my response in my best "Mr. Tourge" impression is "yeah i thought! y'all might get board!! around here! so i was like! f*** it!! give everybody guns!!!":gun: "yoooouuurrrrrr!!!!! welcome!!!!!!"

but really tho its no big deal but i do appreciate the appreciation :mthr:

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: Seelbreaker

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the error you got means firmare.bin is bad/incompatible or otherwise cant be found (not in the correct place) and pasta wont work for me either :/
im sorry you had a hard time but glad you finally have a solution and if you want yo try rxtools again use this link here! this one is all step by step with pics of all steps (be advised it contains steps for o3ds as well)

ok i have been in deep thought as to how to proceed and i think i need one more peace of info from you when you boot emunand do you have access to the fbi cia that you installed to sysnand or cubic ninja,menuhax (the hbc) . . .
it's not your fault that i have a hard time :) But thank you

I just tried it! I bootet HBL, then Cake-CFW and in the Settings i said "load emunand" - i didn't checked the signature patching.

Then i booted in my emunand and FBI was there (was definitly my emunand cause on my sysnand are 2 more cias than on my emunand installed). FBI wasn't startable but thats because of signature checks i guess. So yeah - i have in emunand access to FBI.

Edit2: This is now so freakin awesome - cake-CFW ftw :D I disabled signature Checks in Cake-CFW Settings and now im able to load emunand without signature checks :)

Last edited by Seelbreaker,

Kingofknights

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a n3ds 9.5 emunand with rxtool, menuhax 2.0 and ctrbootmanager
Can i boot to HBL from rxtool? Cuz every time i want to boot hbl i have to do it from coldboot

kraan

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.matsindia.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Ok, I just spent the last 5 hours browsing the forums, trying to teach myself about rxTools, PastaCFW, Browserhax... I need help.

I have an old 3ds, firmware is 9.2.0:20EU. I have ninjhax 2.5 installed. I think I'm on SYSNAND because I've never done anything like installing custom firmware. I just bought ninjhax a year ago and never updated the 3DS.

I've read all over the forum that 9.2 is a great firmware because you can get kernel access which allows you to run the/a GBA emulator (or just GBA games) at full speed. That sounds awesome, because they currently are still unplayable. The problem is, I'm completely, 100% lost at this point.

-I've tried installing PastaCFW (normal one and beta one) but I keep getting blackscreen if I load it. It might have something to do with the fact that I'm on ninjhax 2 and not 1, but I can't seem to find a working download mirror for a different pastacfw version.
-I read that Pastacfw has merged with rxtools and is not being worked on anymore. I decided to visit rxTools and it tells me I need to use the browser as entrypoint. I take it that means I need browserhax. I'm not up to date with all the 'hax' anymore (no idea what Browserhax and Themehax are, but judging from the name they're entrypoints through browser and theme manager) I found http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php telling me all about Browserhax, but I currently can't connect my 3DS to the internet (I'm in Africa, which means no wifi, which means hotspotting my laptop with a 2g dongle and praying that internet will work 'today'.)

So I'm kind of stuck, until I get my wifi to work. What I'd like to know is;
Am I going in the right direction here? Are there any steps I need to take that I haven't? What's the easiest way to go about this?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by kraan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)