• Views 4,392,062
  • Replies 53,716
  • Likes 43

pdaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ohh 64gb cards(or larger) need a specific pc program to format them before they will work properly with 3ds cfw
sorry i dont have a link
btw a lot of 64gb or larger sd cards from what i read are fakes (a fake card will claim to be 64(or larger)but in fact be 32gb in size) to avoid getting a fake card buy it at a store not ebay or amazon

My card is a Transcend 64gb card that I got direct from Amazon.

Specifically, Windows Vista and above do not allow volumes larger than 32GB to be formatted as FAT32 (only exFAT, which the 3DS does not support). The easiest way to do it is to use a program like fat32format to format the card. Alternatively you could use a MAC or Linux system to format it.

A gui version of fat32format can be downloaded from the developer's website here: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

I've been using the HPUsbformat tool to format the sd card. I'll give fat32format a try.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My card is a Transcend 64gb card that I got direct from Amazon.

I've been using the HPUsbformat tool to format the sd card. I'll give fat32format a try.

As long as the program in question is creating a proper volume it should be fine and afaik the HP USB Format Tool should work fine. It IS possible that the SD card in question is the problem. According to Nintendo, SDXC and microSDXC cards (basically anything over 32 GB) are not officially supported for any model of 3DS. Unofficially, some cards work and some don't. I have read reports of people using replacing a Sandisk 64GB SDXC that worked with another Sandisk 64GB SDXC that would not read.

Check out this thread for some tips to try to see if you can get your Transcend 64GB card working.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/real-64...ld-not-detect-an-sd-card.399802/#post-5735050

A quick glance suggests you should make sure the utility is not creating a logical partition, and that it is formatting as FAT32 with 32KB clusters.

Reactions: pdaboy

Z_Slasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using rxTools emunand, and I tried to update my emunand from 8.1 to 10.2 but somehow it got disconnected and the update failed. Is there an offline updater for the emunand?

NoNAND

Give me back my legions!
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi there. :) I'm trading my 3ds xl for an 7.1,X 3ds(small).
I'll soon install rxTools 3.0.
The problem is that i don't have a gateway to install DevMenu. Is there any way how to install devmenu or .cias without gateway?
I also choose to boot rxTools through MSET.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I am using rxTools emunand, and I tried to update my emunand from 8.1 to 10.2 but somehow it got disconnected and the update failed. Is there an offline updater for the emunand?
Of what i heard the safest way to update it is only through sysupdater.
Don't do any "crazy" thing ie like updating it with .cias if you don't want to brick it :)

Z_Slasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem is that i don't have a gateway to install DevMenu. Is there any way how to install devmenu or .cias without gateway?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Of what i heard the safest way to update it is only through sysupdater.
Don't do any "crazy" thing ie like updating it with .cias if you don't want to brick it :)

anyone confirmed a safe emunand update with sysupdater?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone confirmed a safe emunand update with sysupdater?
Yes, is completely safe.

Install sysupdater.cia in emunand, get the update pack from some iso site and place the updates folder in the root of your SD card, then just run sysupdater from emunand.

Yes there are several ways infact
1) rxTools + Browser hax + FBI
2) rxTools + FBI Injection
3) rxTools + Cubic Ninja + FBI
4) Ninjhax 1.1 + PastaCFW + FBI

This guide has everything you need:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

Last edited by Tony_93,
Reactions: NoNAND

777kidis777

Big Red
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok then i got some basic questions
1. old 3ds or n3ds ?
2. firmware version?
3. do you currently have any 3ds flashcard? or cfw setup?
4. do you currently have homebrew channel installed?
5. this one may sound silly but what is your goal? (what do you want out of your system?)

-Old
-10.1.0-27U
-Neither
-Nope
-Play/download games, emulate older games as well

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-Old
-10.1.0-27U
-Neither
-Nope
-Play/download games, emulate older games as well

You are out of luck, to use CFW or Gateway you need to be in 9.2 or below...

The only real option you have to play 3DS roms is called Sky3ds, is a flashcart.

To play older games you can use Themehax, is a free hax but you need another entrypoint to get it running (You could use a Cubic Ninja rom in the Sky3ds to set up Ninjhax and then install Themehax).

Scorpiopt

Trophies
XP
Country
Stupid question is it possible to get the homebrew laucher running on gateway , (emunand is on last version )
if so can anyone point to a tutorial>

pdaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hit another brick wall :angry:

So I've managed to install Rxtools 2.6 and that is working well. I'm trying to update rxtools to a 3.0 nightly build and after I launch rxtools from homebrew launcher I get an installation failed error. Failed to load NATIVE_FIRM:4

I ran the cdn_firm python script and downloaded the 3 files it generates and put them in rxtools\data but get the native_firm error. What did I do wrong this time? :hateit:

Battousi05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there an updated list around somewhere on compatible roms that can be trimmed at all?? The wiki for it is outta date and most of my games are newer than that list!

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are out of luck, to use CFW or Gateway you need to be in 9.2 or below...

The only real option you have to play 3DS roms is called Sky3ds, is a flashcart.

To play older games you can use Themehax, is a free hax but you need another entrypoint to get it running (You could use a Cubic Ninja rom in the Sky3ds to set up Ninjhax and then install Themehax).
@777kidis777 i just wanna add that that 2 months ago i was in your position & sky cost about $90usd and a new(condition) 2ds cost $100usd i got the 2ds my 3ds sit

Is it possible to have custom theme on emunand with themehax?
themehax is normally installed to sysnand so yes its no problem

Stupid question is it possible to get the homebrew laucher running on gateway , (emunand is on last version )
if so can anyone point to a tutorial>
i dont have a gateway but to get hbc on emunand i personally installed cubic ninja cia to emunand and then ninjhax to the cia version of cubic ninja

Is there a way to play DS roms on cfw yet or do I need to buy a flash cart for that?
you want ds roms you need a ds flashcard.

So I've managed to install Rxtools 2.6 and that is working well. I'm trying to update rxtools to a 3.0 nightly build and after I launch rxtools from homebrew launcher I get an installation failed error. Failed to load NATIVE_FIRM:4

I ran the cdn_firm python script and downloaded the 3 files it generates and put them in rxtools\data but get the native_firm error. What did I do wrong this time? :hateit:
python and its scripts are written in a computer language your computer cant understand. so it blocks some of the files when you unzip it to avoid this on windows 7
right click the . zip click properties the click unblock. if you still have problems downloading firmwaere.bin then you can get it here
Download HERE, click the "CIA Format DLC's, Themes & Updates" link. Name of the thread is "[MEGA] [CIA/BIN] MSET 4.X & 6.X backups, Browser backups, Update packs (All Regions)"

Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: RegularMoron

pdaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

python and its scripts are written in a computer language your computer cant understand. so it blocks some of the files when you unzip it to avoid this on windows 7
right click the . zip click properties the click unblock. if you still have problems downloading firmwaere.bin then you can get it here

Managed to fix that putting the 3 firmware files in rxtools\firm folder

Last edited by pdaboy,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Managed to fix that putting the 3 firmware files in rxtool\firm folders
i dont know if that will cause you errors i would take the time to find out which one is working properly by backing all 3 up on your pc and trying each one alone, and . . . how do you have multiple files of the same name in one directory anyway?

pdaboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i dont know if that will cause you errors i would take the time to find out which one is working properly by backing all 3 up on your pc and trying each one alone, and . . . how do you have multiple files of the same name in one directory anyway?
The script downloaded 3 files

0004013800000002.bin
0004013800000102.bin
0004013800000202.bin

Scorpiopt

Trophies
XP
Country
@777kidis777 i just wanna add that that 2 months ago i was in your position & sky cost about $90usd and a new(condition) 2ds cost $100usd i got the 2ds my 3ds sit

t

i dont have a gateway but to get hbc on emunand i personally installed cubic ninja cia to emunand and then ninjhax to the cia version of cubic ninja

yo

cant get ninjax to work it opens the 3ds browser after the qr scan and exploit install

Edit : nevermind got it to work :D

Last edited by Scorpiopt,

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this true? I read somewhere that with some CFW or other (I forget which) you could run DSiWare titles. Is that not the same as running DS roms?
Yes, this is true. The only way to play DS roms on a 3DS is with a DS flashcart. DSiWare injection is different from DS roms.

Reactions: pelago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sonic Angel Knight, : tpi :