1. BobDoleOwndU

BobDoleOwndU GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Yeah, the post was basically proven false. Nobody else was able to replicate it and he was using a 3DS with CFW for the video.

It's possible that new games will run on a CFW O3DS, but won't run on a CFW N3DS if a new SDK for the 3DS is released. Even if a new SDK is released a workaround may be possible, but it's hard to say unless/until this actually happens.

The N3DS is likely above 9.2 if Sky3DS is being used on it. Sky3DS functions on all firmwares, it just can't run games that have the new anti-piracy checks.

pelago likes this.
  2. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

United States
    No worries.

Tbh I'm still waiting to find out if using HANS to edit the system settings menu to bypass firmware checks will allow a system transfer.

3. Stellar

Stellar GBAtemp Regular

Portugal
    I already tried both of these, actually, and the success rate appears to be about the same. I'm curious as to whether or not other people are experiencing the same as me and if not, I'd like to know what steps I could take to reproduce their results.

And while I know you can't predict the future, do you think autoboot will get more stable with future releases?

4. BobDoleOwndU

Canada
    I don't know if it's true or not, but somebody claimed that 9.2 has a better success rate for booting than 9.0. I have a 9.2 O3DS and a 9.0 N3DS and haven't really noticed much difference between them booting successfully. A while ago somebody else claimed that booting your 3DS in sleep mode (leaving the 3DS closed when turning it on), then opening the 3DS had a better successful boot rate for them. Again, I don't know if this is true.

If the devs continue to work on the autoboot, then it will definitely become more stable. If not, it will remain the same. I don't know if there are any plans to continue working on themehax/autoboot.

Stellar likes this.
  5. pdaboy

pdaboy Member
    Newcomer

Got Ninjhax working :yay: but having another issue now.

After running pasta cfw and re-running ninjhax and then running fbi to install fbi.cia or big blue menu.cia I get an error installing the cia file.
    The error is description_invalid_signature (0x6a). I'm presuming this error means that the signature patch didnt work and pasta cfw is not running.
    When I tried running pasta cfw again I noticed that the text that shows up when loading pasta cfw shows "your system is null" and not the firmware version.

Any ideas?

6. BobDoleOwndU

Canada
    Have you created a dbs folder inside your Nintendo 3DS/id0/id1 folder? Inside that folder have you created title.db and import.db? After creating the files did you put your SD back into your 3DS and go to system settings > data management > 3DS > software and have the 3DS repair the files?

If you've done that, I would just try to reboot Pasta then try FBI again to see if it will work correctly.

7. pdaboy

pdaboy Member
    Newcomer

Yes both of those exist and I ran the data management repair before installing ninjhax. Tried running it several times already. Any other ideas?

8. wormdood

wormdood pirate booty inspector

United States
    if your nands are unlinked they both need these files

Last edited by wormdood, Oct 27, 2015
  9. pdaboy

pdaboy Member
    Newcomer

I dont have an emunand. Do I need one at this stage? I've tried running the gateway browser exploit to backup my nand but I get a white screen.

10. wormdood

United States
    you dont necessarily need one for this but if you are trying to inject anything into your 3ds (fbi bigbluemenu devmenu) you should have an emunand set up already at this point
    have you been following a guide for your cfw installation?

edit i looked at your previous posts and i see now . . . i know you have cubic ninja but i recommend you try the injection method

but first off you need to get into gateway to be able to format nand or make emunand there is a reason nand or (emunand) backups are the first step if you skip these steps and brick your system later on then recovery will be impossible.
    first things first all gateway launcher needs to work is . . . the launcher.dat so in my opinion you should start with a fresh sd card format it put it in your 3ds let it do its thing then Download Gateway ULTRA (latest version)
    Put Launcher.dat in the root of your SD Card Open your 3DS/2DS internet Browser and go to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/
    Navigate to "backup system nand" and make your nand backup!!
    Then turn off your 3DS and copy your nand.bin from the SD card to somewhere safe on your PC!
    Also, make a backup of all your sd card contents (especially the Nintendo 3DS folder)

2nd edit: gateway site may take multiple attempts to load launcher.dat file and will often fail with fake(knock off) sd cards

11. pdaboy

pdaboy Member
    Newcomer

Thanks for the assistance. I've tried what you said but get a white screen after it says Gateway 3ds loading or the "An error has occurred" message.

I do have a nand backup from when I had palantine cfw. I couldnt upgrade palantine to rxtools so I started again and am getting stuck quite frequently.

12. pdaboy

pdaboy Member
    Newcomer

Think I've sussed out what the issue was. It was my 64gb sd card. I've swapped to a 4gb one and things are going better. I've got pasta cfw and big blue menu installed now and am currently formatting the emunand.

wormdood likes this.
  13. wormdood

United States
    ohh 64gb cards(or larger) need a specific pc program to format them before they will work properly with 3ds cfw
    sorry i dont have a link
    btw a lot of 64gb or larger sd cards from what i read are fakes (a fake card will claim to be 64(or larger)but in fact be 32gb in size) to avoid getting a fake card buy it at a store not ebay or amazon

14. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Specifically, Windows Vista and above do not allow volumes larger than 32GB to be formatted as FAT32 (only exFAT, which the 3DS does not support). The easiest way to do it is to use a program like fat32format to format the card. Alternatively you could use a MAC or Linux system to format it.

A gui version of fat32format can be downloaded from the developer's website here: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

pelago and wormdood like this.
  15. ILP

ILP Newbie
    Newcomer

which 3ds bundle or standalone system should i buy which would be best for enabling backups of 3ds games to played, in addition to cfw/homebrew/etc?

16. Aroth

Aroth GBAtemp Addict

United States
  17. BobDoleOwndU

Canada
    Any unused O3DS will be able to play backups. If you want an N3DS, look at the link Aroth posted.

18. DisturbedAle

DisturbedAle Member
    Newcomer

United States
  19. BobDoleOwndU

Canada
    If you want to continue using Gateway, just download the latest launcher from the Gateway site and update your emuNAND. Before updating emuNAND make a backup of your emuNAND with EmuNAND Tool!

20. Masked

Masked GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've been browsing the forums ans searching online for a while now, but I can't figure out the answer to my question, so I hope someone can help me here.

I would like to play DS games using a flash cartridge on my New 3DS. I don't really care about playing 3DS games at all, I just want to play DS games from the flash cartridge. My New 3DS has latest firmware (10.2).

What are the easiest/cheapest solutions for this? Is there a DS-mode-only flash cartridge that's still compatible with the 3DS? I only have an old Acekard 2i right now, and I'm pretty sure that's completely incompatible with the 3DS nowadays.

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited by Masked, Oct 28, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,