• Replies 53,774
  • Likes 43

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello Guys! Im following this forum for a very long time. Now i have signed up with a question. I am very confused and cant find a perfect and clear solution.

I have a New3DS with Firmware 9.0 and Cubic Ninja.
I want to install a CFW, maybe RXTools 2.6 to run CIA Files and maybe some Emulators (GBA, SNes)

What do i have to do?
I also want to access the Firmware by coldboot or with Theme Settings.

Can anybody give me a step by step solution, or a link for a good tutorial to get started for noobs?

please, and thank you very much in advance.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/rxtools...from-browserhax-homemenuhax-to-rxtools.398420

if you don't want to use CN (even tho you have it):
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/

Reactions: Methsman

Dark Ronin

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hi guys.
Well, just to start off, I'm a dumbass. Yeah.
First things first. N3DS 9.0.0-20E, RXtools autoboot via homemenuhax, emuNAND unlinked... Was.
Now it's bricked cause I tried to load up gateway's launcher.dat via ninjhax from rx-e (emunand). I loaded CN, scanned GW's QR, splashscreen came up an then hangs on loading exploit. I've waited a little, then shut system down.
Aaaaaandddd... Brick. Gladly, emunand only, sysnand boots just fine.
So I'm curious here. I have sysnand backup that was done a while ago. After that I formatted system several times. Is it possible to inject this nand to my SD using emunand tool to restore it to a working state with all content installed (>40GB, that would be pain in the ass to install all that cia's over again), or I'm a goner?
No way of fixing?

Edit. Got it working now.
Solution is to dump emunand with tool and restore it back. Easy.

Last edited by Dark Ronin,

Methsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Dark Ronin

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Thanks man! I am able to boot CFW with L Button Now.
But it always says not able to boot Emunand. When it boot Rxtools (Emunand isnt possible with N3ds, right?)
Should i keep RX Tools or can you recommend another CFW for N3ds?
Man, you're wrong. Apparently there's no working emunand for New3DS higher than 9.5, because of new encryption. It works great though on 9.5 itself.
All you have to do is to create it through gateway loader (Format emuNAND selection), and then unlink it of your sysNAND by simply format your N3DS without microSD inserted.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is there any success in faking nintendo eshop/ update server with your wifi or pc?
What do you mean? Search for FreeMultiPatcher.

Reactions: Methsman

Rafahzn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okk just to sum things up.I have a few questions.Im getting the 3.0.0-6u o3ds today,it will come with a "R4" and thats it.My friend will lend me his project x zone (us) so i can go to 4.x.now to the questions.
1-the easiest way to get rxtools is going through the mset exploit correct?
2-i cant register to that iso site and thats bothering me(if someone can pm me with some Mega link with some cias it would be great)
3-in that website legit cia always keep poping,and even after reading the cia question fixed post,i still have one question;The only way to be sure ill not get banned is getting private header right? or just using those legit cias will not get me banned?
i think thats all...thanks.

Methsman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
@Dark Ronin okay! So i have to boot into gateway mode and format emunand? so it saves it to my sd card?
and i unlink it by formatting my 3ds?...and what can i do with the backup? Please explain it to me ✌

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okk just to sum things up.I have a few questions.Im getting the 3.0.0-6u o3ds today,it will come with a "R4" and thats it.My friend will lend me his project x zone (us) so i can go to 4.x.now to the questions.
1-the easiest way to get rxtools is going through the mset exploit correct?
2-i cant register to that iso site and thats bothering me(if someone can pm me with some Mega link with some cias it would be great)
3-in that website legit cia always keep poping,and even after reading the cia question fixed post,i still have one question;The only way to be sure ill not get banned is getting private header right? or just using those legit cias will not get me banned?
i think thats all...thanks.

1)The best thing from 4.x is the mset exploit. Use this guide to set it up, it has everything you need to know: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

2)You can't ask for that over here, is against the rules so you better knock it off ;) .

So, try using another computer/device and figure your way around that ISO website, you are on your own here.

3)No, private headers are for people using Gateway or Sky3ds carts, cia installed games don't need private headers, it doesn't matter if it's legit or not.

Reactions: Rafahzn

calebsw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FBI can be used to install CIA files, which can be apps like emulators or big blue, as well as commercial ROMS (both from the eshop and retail)

Yil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Man, you're wrong. Apparently there's no working emunand for New3DS higher than 9.5, because of new encryption. It works great though on 9.5 itself.
All you have to do is to create it through gateway loader (Format emuNAND selection), and then unlink it of your sysNAND by simply format your N3DS without microSD inserted.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What do you mean? Search for FreeMultiPatcher.
No, not blocking, faking.

Rafahzn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1)The best thing from 4.x is the mset exploit. Use this guide to set it up, it has everything you need to know: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

2)You can't ask for that over here, is against the rules so you better knock it off ;) .

So, try using another computer/device and figure your way around that ISO website, you are on your own here.

3)No, private headers are for people using Gateway or Sky3ds carts, cia installed games don't need private headers, it doesn't matter if it's legit or not.
no chances of getting banned? awesome! thanks tony,ill try that tutorial and move my ass to register in the site.

TheIcarus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gah so apparently I have 9.9 and not 9.0 since apparently I can't read correctly. Is there anyway to downgrade my system version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro