• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No shit genious! I thought I could install a 100 games in my 2GB memory card...
You're still incorrect when you said "You don't have to "BUY" anything" for Rxtools use. You're still gonna end up spending money. Not as much as Gateway or Sky3DS, but $30 or more. I initially thought Rxtools would be absolutely free, but then it does require bigger storage than a flashcard.

Bottom line, @Pecrow will have to shove up about $30 to make any good use of rxtools. Not saying that's a lot of money, but rxtools surely isn't something to jump right into absolutely free.

But yeah you're right, rxtools IS technically free otherwise, in a way that you don't buy anything to enable it.

If somebody can help me, I want to use an EUR FE:Awakening CIA save on a USA CIA, but I cant find a tutorial about how to do it, there is already one but it is for retail to CIA. Thanks.
Follow this guide here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

Last edited by MattKimura,

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're still incorrect when you said "You don't have to "BUY" anything" for Rxtools use. You're still gonna end up spending money. Not as much as Gateway or Sky3DS, but $30 or more. I initially thought Rxtools would be absolutely free, but then it does require bigger storage than a flashcard.

Bottom line, @Pecrow will have to shove up about $30 to make any good use of rxtools. Not saying that's a lot of money, but rxtools surely isn't something to jump right into absolutely free.

But yeah you're right, rxtools IS technically free otherwise, in a way that you don't buy anything to enable it.

Follow this guide here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...v-to-eshop-3ds-3dz-with-savedatafiler.380246/

You are still wrong, rxTools itself is totally free, if you don't have a memory card of course you won't be able to put games on it, IT'S FREAKING COMMON SENSE...

If you have a camera without a memory card you won't be able to take pictures neither, that doesn't mean the cost of the memory card is the cost of the camera itself. If you buy a cellphone you still need to pay extra money in order to make phone calls, that doesn't mean the cellphone costs what the phone call costs...

By the way you can get a 16GB SD memory card for about $10 now days, not $30 and is enough to load about 18 games.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I Think you @ the wrong person :)

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. are the "000400000008D300.sav" files on the root of the SD card (using roms on gateway on n3ds 9.5 emunand) the game save files? I thought the game save files were kept inside the ROM? or are these just backups?

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Quick question. are the "000400000008D300.sav" files on the root of the SD card (using roms on gateway on n3ds 9.5 emunand) the game save files? I thought the game save files were kept inside the ROM? or are these just backups?
These are the save files for card 1 games. Card 2 game saves are stored in the rom, but a dummy file is created on the SD card. I wouldn't delete them just to be safe.

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for the reply, what is Card1 or Card2? SD Cards?
They are game cartridge types.

Card 1 games have a seperate EEPROM chip that they write the save data to.
Card 2 games have a single NAND chipset that both the game's files and save data is written to.

The important difference is that when using roms, Card 1s save to the SD card, Card 2s save to the rom.

Pecrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are game cartridge types.

Card 1 games have a seperate EEPROM chip that they write the save data to.
Card 2 games have a single NAND chipset that both the game's files and save data is written to.

The important difference is that when using roms, Card 1s save to the SD card, Card 2s save to the rom.
Awesome, got it, thank you for the information :)

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I installed Devmenu on my 3ds sysnand but when i go to emunand Devmenu is not in there and when i power off my 3ds and then power on i got the notification that a new game as been installed any help?
im on 4.2 sysnand and 9.8 emunand my 3ds emunand and sysnand are (linked for now) im using rxtools 2.6

BobDoleOwndU

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I installed Devmenu on my 3ds sysnand but when i go to emunand Devmenu is not in there and when i power off my 3ds and then power on i got the notification that a new game as been installed any help?
im on 4.2 sysnand and 9.8 emunand my 3ds emunand and sysnand are (linked for now) im using rxtools 2.6
If you unlinked emuNAND and sysNAND, anything you install on sysNAND will not be installed on emuNAND.

Rioluwott

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try this tutorial to get FBI working: https://gbatemp.net/threads/rxtools-with-signatures-patched-out.390607/page-65#post-5540327
From there you can install DevMenu.
9. Go to title/0040010/00022300/content for a EU emunand, title/0040010/00021300/content for a US one, and title/0040010/00020300/content for a JP one.
i can´t found this on my 3ds folder my 3ds folder is like this
E:\Nintendo 3DS\26f33ff3dae44710fae9eb596444d864\f28600e4471411b1534131360002544d\title\00040000\00193000\content

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What Network is it on? I wanna see what you guys are talking about. N What time frame is it on...