• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Eon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried backing up my sysNAND for the first time (just got my Gateway. It's been sitting at ">> READING" for about ten minutes now and there isn't even a red progress bar. I have no idea if it's actually backing up the NAND or not. Should I turn the console off or something?

AvohkahTamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend at this time, that you try to spoof your System Version to access the eShop and obtain the update. Not only would you be able to get the update much sooner, but if you plan to only use emuNand in the future, just about everything transfers pretty easily.
Welp...

Had some issues with the spoof trick but eventually got it to work after several tries, updated the games I needed to update, but turns out I can only enter my MewTwo DLC code within Smash itself.

Normally that shouldn't be a problem since the spoof works for ingame DLC, but on old3DS, Smash does a sort of soft reboot to clear up memory, which undoes the spoof and prevents me from entering in the code. Whyyy should it lock down the DLC page even when the game is up to date? D:

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a second question. The first seems to have worked itself out.

I read that the only way to play eShop games was with Ninjhax. Using the haxploit, requiring v9.2 and below... I have v9.8. I'm almost certain that's greater than 9.2 :unsure:

Is there... ANY other way to play eShop games on a SKY3DS with too high of firmware? I was really looking forward to some of the Virtual Console games as well as eShop exclusive. I haz a sad.:sad:

P.S. - I'm sure this gets asked constantly

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, I just want to ask, how does one update their games( super smash bros version 1.00 to version 1.0.5) on gateway?
The answer depends a little on what sort of game you are updating, and where you want to be able to use it.

If it's a .3ds or .cia game that you've installed, then you can simply obtain and install the .cia containing the update. (You should be able to find them on the same sites you obtain your other files.)
If it's a retail game card, things get a little trickier. If you are on an Old 3DS, you can update your emuNand to the newest System Version. This will allow you to access the eShop and obtain the update normally. You can then use Classic Mode to run the retail card, and since your update will have a valid signature (coming from the eShop), it should work just fine.
If it's a retail game, and you are using a New 3DS, or an Old 3DS but you want to be able to run the game on sysNand, you will need to spoof the System Version for whichever nand you want to get the update installed to. I'm not too sure how to go about doing this for emuNand, but the guides should be able to give you more information on this.

Piepokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm wanting to install pasta cfw so I can run dsiware, I have a new3ds, with the gateway mset system settings installed. I haven't looked much at the steps to install pasta *I will though* and I'm wanting to make sure that having gateway mset installed won't harm anything. Will I be fine to have 2 sd cards, one for pasta, one for emunand, and install pasta on a new3ds with mset installed?

theonlywolf1992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The answer depends a little on what sort of game you are updating, and where you want to be able to use it.

If it's a .3ds or .cia game that you've installed, then you can simply obtain and install the .cia containing the update. (You should be able to find them on the same sites you obtain your other files.)
If it's a retail game card, things get a little trickier. If you are on an Old 3DS, you can update your emuNand to the newest System Version. This will allow you to access the eShop and obtain the update normally. You can then use Classic Mode to run the retail card, and since your update will have a valid signature (coming from the eShop), it should work just fine.
If it's a retail game, and you are using a New 3DS, or an Old 3DS but you want to be able to run the game on sysNand, you will need to spoof the System Version for whichever nand you want to get the update installed to. I'm not too sure how to go about doing this for emuNand, but the guides should be able to give you more information on this.

I just downloaded the dlcs for mh4u, but it is in .cia format. I am currently not running any cfw (only using gateway and .3ds games). So does that mean I cant install these updates?

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded the dlcs for mh4u, but it is in .cia format. I am currently not running any cfw (only using gateway and .3ds games). So does that mean I cant install these updates?
Use DevMenu, BigBlueMenu, or any other CIA installer to install the updates. You will need to put the .cia file on the system's SD card, not the Gateway's SD card, though. Once installed, you don't need to keep the .cia file on the SD card.

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question about sky3ds, I have one and want to play a game called Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 when it comes out in NA on June 30th, problem is it will be digital only in NA. I played the JP version just fine awhile back (which had a retail release), but since the NA one will be digital only, does that mean I'm out of luck using sky3ds to play the NA version?

hamstrman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question about sky3ds, I have one and want to play a game called Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 when it comes out in NA on June 30th, problem is it will be digital only in NA. I played the JP version just fine awhile back (which had a retail release), but since the NA one will be digital only, does that mean I'm out of luck using sky3ds to play the NA version?

This is what I just asked. And from everything I've read, no, you can't.

unrealbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok very new here:
1) i'm gonna buy a second hand 3ds xl. and gonna buy a new SKY3DS flashcard.
2) If I put Cubic Ninja on the card and use this guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/howto-b...p-roms-from-retail-carts-on-o3ds-n3ds.390043/)
can I then get a private header from a retail game (i still need to buy) ? Or does it not work with the latest version of the ds?
3) can I then use that private header in the roms i want to put on the 3ds?

I assume the ds will be the latest version and I dont really like to spend more then ds + the sky3ds flashcard.

Cheers

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Is there any way to change the region of a 3DS currently? I found one with ver 5.1.0-4U on it, and I'd love to get on the JP eshop x3
I think you can but it's not much safe, you could look for changing a emunand region to be safer, but if you really want the console like this, I think someone did similar with a n3DS, I think ...
http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-region-change-tutorial-easy-way.386207/
If I format my N3ds, then install some legit cia games will I be able to use these legit games if I connect with a new NNID account?
yeah, unless you buy it :v

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
sorry, replied the wrong post :v

now, for your question, yes XD but I was looking about that other day , you can redownload them at eshop but you can't transfer them with system transfer to another 3DS õ3o
And if I backup the SD card, format the 3DS, reconnect the same account, restore the SD card... Will the game be here?

Eon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can I play DS ROMs using the red cart? Or do I have to use the blue cart? Either way, the manual said that running a DS ROM will uninstall the DS profile exploit (what exactly is that anyway?). Thanks!

One more thing, I have a .3ds file being played off my redcart. How do I update it? Can I just access the eShop through EMUNAND and update the .3ds file or do I have to do something else?

Last edited by Eon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer