• Start date
  • Views 4,518,890
  • Replies 53,797
  • Likes 43

Domino101

Trophies
XP
Country
Convert it. I'm would love to see a possessed 3DS.

You may want to seek help on a more faith based forum. :)
shits not even funny, im telling you. the other night I make sure an turned it off when I got up the morning after its on, no one to use it. another time when I went to work tool it off and when I return its on thank god I was smart enough to remove my wifi, nut then again its better I update to 9.7 cause I doubt there will ever be a hack exploit for 9.5

WiiFit_Guy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all,

Im thinking of getting the New 3DS because it looks very nice and since I never owned the 3DS, I'm thinking this model is a good one to invest with. I tried it at a Future shop demo and found it very slick.

Now I have softmoded my Wii console and found the core basics rather simple after some research and trouble shooting. I have come here for help several times and thank you all for the help.

I have checked the 3DS forums out of curiosity and find it a bit hard to understand all the terms ect. I see it as something that should be simple (insert the R4 card and plug and play). Though it seems like it is a different story.

I hear that in the past gateway could only work with the Ocarina hack which was a bit sketchy (though that seems to be settled now with the newer update). I also read terms emunand and sysnand being thrown around. I also read that there are a lot of bans going on, and there is more complication with people trying to convert their files into .cia.

Right now I just want to know what the basics are to get started, what the terms sysnand and emunand are and how to prevent bricking. Keep in mind I'm very new to the scene, even the handheld market. As of now I'm trying to get an EZ-Flash IV. I never owned R4, gateway, Sky or DS Supercardtwo.

Cheers and much Thanks

Summery:

-I want to get a N3DS
-What is the best way to get started with a Gateway or Sky3DS
-What is emunand and sysnand. What is the safest way to prevent bricking.

Domino101

Trophies
XP
Country
Im not sure if this question has been asked before, but why the only exploit for 9.3 and above has to do with region unlock, wheres the more interesting stuff like homebrew & installing cfw, I get it finding exploits is not easy but it ent seems like anyone is trying to find some. Everything is for 4.x.x to 9.2 what about guys like me whos new to this an got updated by mistake??

fuctfuct

Trophies
Website
www.derp.cum
XP
Country
Canada
I have a 2ds on FW 6.0.. Is there any way to update to 9.2?

Edit: I was able to boot gateway mode and back up my NAND. I dont actually have a gateway card. Can i make the emunand now and update that now or do i have to wait for the card in the mail. I have a mario kart dl code id like to use so i have something to play while i wait.

Edit: Didnt work

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Couple questions
1. can CIAs from 3DNus be installed without a gateway, since they're all official Nintendo files? (I have an o3DSXL 9.2.0 Ninjhax)
2. Can I install a certain CIA with a spoofed version number that can break updates so that I don't have the risk of updating past 9.2.0 (since I can use rxTools for emuNAND)

3. (less important) can I install the Japanese keyboard to on my USA emuNAND as a .CIA?

yes, system titles created correctly are signed fine, you don't need signature patching to install/run them.
yes you can spoof the version, but then it would only run and install with signature patches

Nanaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys. I just bought a Sky3DS (didn't have a choice because fw 9.4) and I was wondering which microSD card I should get. A class 10 of course and a 32 GB. But is there a "best" manufacturer?

nolife1123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi guys. I just bought a Sky3DS (didn't have a choice because fw 9.4) and I was wondering which microSD card I should get. A class 10 of course and a 32 GB. But is there a "best" manufacturer?
Sandisk always does its job well, but i guess the samsung evo sd cards are quite good as weel and quite cheap

Reactions: Nanaze

bitbite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I have a 3DS XL (9.2FW) w/ Gateway 3.0 (ultra)

So far, I've pretty much left it alone (not uograding to latest updates or bothering with emunand). Basically just been playing games on it. Now i've noticed reconnecting to WiFi to boot into GW mode is becoming a real pain in the butt when on the road.

What are my options: downgrade to 4.2-5, and then use the DSprofile mode exploit? Will I loose access to my game saves, IE (Smash, pokemon, zeldas, etc)?

Is there anything new out that doesn't require wi-fi to go back into Gateway mode?

zerox521

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will there ever be any support for any fw versions beyond 9.2? I've an O3ds on 9.6( Which was updated by my 8 y.o nephew:angry:) And I don't have a copy of my nand to restore from. I'm dying to test the new Pasta CFW. :sad:

Typhin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all,

Im thinking of getting the New 3DS because it looks very nice and since I never owned the 3DS, I'm thinking this model is a good one to invest with. I tried it at a Future shop demo and found it very slick.

Now I have softmoded my Wii console and found the core basics rather simple after some research and trouble shooting. I have come here for help several times and thank you all for the help.

I have checked the 3DS forums out of curiosity and find it a bit hard to understand all the terms ect. I see it as something that should be simple (insert the R4 card and plug and play). Though it seems like it is a different story.

I hear that in the past gateway could only work with the Ocarina hack which was a bit sketchy (though that seems to be settled now with the newer update). I also read terms emunand and sysnand being thrown around. I also read that there are a lot of bans going on, and there is more complication with people trying to convert their files into .cia.

Right now I just want to know what the basics are to get started, what the terms sysnand and emunand are and how to prevent bricking. Keep in mind I'm very new to the scene, even the handheld market. As of now I'm trying to get an EZ-Flash IV. I never owned R4, gateway, Sky or DS Supercardtwo.

Cheers and much Thanks

Summery:

-I want to get a N3DS
-What is the best way to get started with a Gateway or Sky3DS
-What is emunand and sysnand. What is the safest way to prevent bricking.
If all you want is to be able to run roms, you can get a Sky3DS and you're good to go. Sky3DS works on all current firmware.
If you want to be able to install CIA files, play with emuNands, and other stuff, you'll want to get a Gateway.

To get started with a Gateway, your system cannot be past version 9.2. You'll need either Zelda OoT or Cubic Ninja for the initial setup, but you can borrow one from someone/use a Sky3DS/purchase and return (good luck finding them, though). Once you have one of those games, you can use an exploit that lets you install a downgraded version of the System Settings, which removes the need for the games. You still need a game for the initial breach of security, the update just makes it so you don't need the game after that.

sysNand refers to the internal memory of the system itself, and is usually used to refer to the system software installed there.
emuNand refers to a copy of the internal memory placed onto the SD card and used in sysNand's place. emuNand can be safely updated past 9.2, so you can get newer firmware without having to worry about locking yourself out of the exploit. (To an extent, anyway. New 3DS only supports emuNand up to 9.5 at this time.)

Each retail game has a Card ID in its header, and if Nintendo sees the same Card ID online multiple times simultaneously, they drop the banhammer. The solution is to obtain a private header, as in the header (and Card ID) from a game you privately own and therefore know will not be present elsewhere, and use that with your backups. That way, you won't be using the same Card ID as anyone else, and you won't get banned. The other solution is to convert files to .cia format (kinda like Wii .wad files) and install them, since those don't have headers and thus there is no Card ID to worry about.

As far as bricking goes, the only time you're messing with system files would be when installing the System Settings downgrade (also known as mset.cia), which is a very straight-forward procedure and pretty safe. The general procedure is to use the exploit, install mset.cia, and then from then on, you just go straight to emuNand as soon as you turn the system on. If, for some reason, you want to undo that, you can either download and install an updated mset.cia, or you can restore your sysNand from a backup you make before downgrading. (The Gateway launcher menu has options for backing up and restoring sysNand.)

I hope this helps answer some questions, and makes the rest of the board easier to follow.

There's an update on the site which says this:

"? Latest EMUNAND support for old 3DS (currently version 9.7)"

I'm just not sure if that includes the -25U version. :/
This means that you can upgrade your emuNand to 9.7, but your sysNand cannot be upgraded past 9.2. With your sysNand being at 9.7.0-25U, there is no exploit that allows you to run the Gateway launcher at this time. An exploit may be discovered in the future, but it's impossible to know when or even if that will happen.

Reactions: WiiFit_Guy

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to get into homebrew, but since the 3DS actually has updated firmware, I just seem stuck on it.

All I want is homebrew. I have no intentions of backing up and pirating 3DS games. If I want a 3DS game, I'll buy it from Amazon or the eShop. That aside, would it be better to get a flash cart or use an exploit? I feel a cart would be better, but I don't know if those can get firmware blocked too like software exploits can. I want emulators though to download and play games I've already owned on the go rather than using my phone. I just want to know what the best method is. I'm already familiar with using homebrew on consoles, my old Wii is pretty used up and I still have an R4DS with my old blue phat DS somewhere. ;) lol

TidusWulf

Real Aloha
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the major brands on Amazon. Samsung, Sandisk, Kingston.. They're all the same for what you'll be using it for. You don't need any SUPER SPEED stuff for playing a video game. All games run at the same speed, after all.

Reactions: Nanaze

nolife1123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Will there ever be any support for any fw versions beyond 9.2? I've an O3ds on 9.6( Which was updated by my 8 y.o nephew:angry:) And I don't have a copy of my nand to restore from. I'm dying to test the new Pasta CFW. :sad:
Probably, but not in the very near future (could be weeks, and could be months) you never know, but dont expect it very soon.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a 3DS XL (9.2FW) w/ Gateway 3.0 (ultra)

So far, I've pretty much left it alone (not uograding to latest updates or bothering with emunand). Basically just been playing games on it. Now i've noticed reconnecting to WiFi to boot into GW mode is becoming a real pain in the butt when on the road.

What are my options: downgrade to 4.2-5, and then use the DSprofile mode exploit? Will I loose access to my game saves, IE (Smash, pokemon, zeldas, etc)?

Is there anything new out that doesn't require wi-fi to go back into Gateway mode?
If you downgrade you loose your saves. If you want to go to the trouble you can use SDF to back up the aves first and then inject them back after downgrading.

There is a solution using android as a host for the exploit so wifi access is not required. iPhone user here so I can't recall its name. Other than that there is nothing new. If you want to upgrade your Emnand you can install the latest GW launcher. In fact I would make a backup of your current Emuand and get 9.7 now before it is unavailable. If you don't want to use it right now you can back it up and revert to your old Emnand.

Btw, I was able to deduce you have an old 3DS But you should make that clear in future posts.

I really want to get into homebrew, but since the 3DS actually has updated firmware, I just seem stuck on it.

All I want is homebrew. I have no intentions of backing up and pirating 3DS games. If I want a 3DS game, I'll buy it from Amazon or the eShop. That aside, would it be better to get a flash cart or use an exploit? I feel a cart would be better, but I don't know if those can get firmware blocked too like software exploits can. I want emulators though to download and play games I've already owned on the go rather than using my phone. I just want to know what the best method is. I'm already familiar with using homebrew on consoles, my old Wii is pretty used up and I still have an R4DS with my old blue phat DS somewhere. ;) lol
You didn't provide any information about your current system. How are we supposed to help you?

Chorjo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have followed this tutorial but I cant get it to work...I seem to get stuck at step 8. I follow and I am able to boot in to Rxtools but it seems to only boot into RX-S and im also not sure how to update emunand and how I check if im booted in emunand..Would anyone be able to simplify this for me please.

Also on step 7, does this mean restore the backed up image I made on step 3 with USB image tool .

II With Palantine CFW (RedNAND):

1. Download this pack : http://jheberg.net/captcha/3ds-dualnand-v05-3/
2. Start the cfw and install the legit(s) cia(s).
3. Backup your sd content.
4. Go to the 3ds-dualnand_v0.5 folder and run 'Extract emuNAND 1.bat' as admin.
5. Then run 'Inject emuNAND 1.bat' as admin.
6. Finally run 'Inject RedNAND 2.bat' as admin. Be careful, this will format your sd card without your confirmation.
7. Restore your sd-card contents and replace your current boot.bin with the one in the 3ds-dualnand_v0.5.
8. You have now two emunands on your sd card : a normal emunand you can use with rxTools and the cfw redNAND. Use rxTools to update the first one.
9. Start the updated emunand with rxTools, and enjoy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/5uh_m4VgTY4