• Replies 53,761
  • Likes 43

Skizzlo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I downgraded but still have emunand and saves before I down graded will I be able to keep my saves and continue to use them as well as emunand.

Singularity_UK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What are the chances of ever being able to play DS games via Gateway without having to install the exploit again? There are a few DS games I'm dying to play (AAI2, Chrono Trigger) but it doesn't seem worth the hassle at present.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Singularity_UK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Sorry mate, could you rephrase that?

I have a 4.2 system and used the blue card to install the Gateway exploit. It's my understanding that playing any DS game uninstalls the exploit and you have to reinstall it after. Is this correct?

I think you can play with this, did you tried? if it uninstalls the exploiot you could install it again

Herobroski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does ayone else have a problem with majoras mask not updating even after I pressed update and it showed the loading bar full 5 times -.-

Dotmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Everytime i shut down the 3ds, and start it up again, and load EmuNAND, i have to unpack my Estore content (1 demo, and the anime channel) quite anoying. Is there a fix?

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Does ayone else have a problem with majoras mask not updating even after I pressed update and it showed the loading bar full 5 times -.-

are you playing the game on the same region of the console? it happened to me with smash brothers, since it was another region I needed to instal it apart
Everytime i shut down the 3ds, and start it up again, and load EmuNAND, i have to unpack my Estore content (1 demo, and the anime channel) quite anoying. Is there a fix?

This happens with me as well, I heard that unlinking the emu and sysnand would do it but I don't tried

Dotmore

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im currently at 9.0 SysNAND and 9.5 EmuNAND, but if i were to downgrade to 4.x, would i lose my saves? Since EmuNAND still is on 9.5?

LionFair

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi, im a CFW user and today i got myself a gateway so i can play 7.x decriped game which CFW cant. I dont quiet know how to use the gateway yet, do i need to upgrade my emunad to 9.2? If so what can i do to tranfer my save data from 4.5 to 9.2 ?

tekwarfare

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't currently have a 3DS. I'm just trying to understand the theory here and I'm not too versed in this scene so please bear with me.

Following this tutorial I should be able to downgrade to 4.5 sysNAND and install 4.5 CFW and 9.4 EmuNAND: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721/
1. After completing the tutorial how does it work, will it always be running in CFW or do I need to run something each time after I power the console off?
2. What does the EmuNAND let me do? Use the console as if it were original so I can play retail cartridges and download updates?
3. How do I load EmuNAND when I need it?

Once I've got CFW running, I can use DevMenu or BigBlueBox to install .CIA files on my 3DS.
I want to play Pokemon X/Y, Pokemon ORAS and Super Smash Bros online; I've done some research and CIA files have no headers therefore I should be able to play these games online and not get banned, correct?
If I'm correct on playing CIA files online why do flashcarts exist, what's the advantage of them?

Thanks.

xStJimmyx

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm having trouble transfering the save data from the retail cartidge of Majora's Mask to the rom in the gateway sd card. I'm not using any cia, just the game itself dumped
Is there anyway to transfer the save from the cartidge to the rom? Thanks in advance

Freeben666

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi,

I own a Sky3DS and quite a few legit cartridge. I'd like to dump these cartridges but no dumper is available (as far as I know) with the Sky3DS.
I know it's possible to use GW's Launcher.dat dump function using the go.gateway-3DS.com exploit, but it doesn't work past FW 9.2, and I'm at 9.5...

Would it be possible to use Smealum's regionthree hack to launch the GW Launcher.dat ?

Thanks.

HEADBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found out about RegionThree by Smea (The Region Unlock hack), would I be able to use this without Ninjhax? Could I play any Japanese Import game on my 3DS? I'd love to play Dangerous Jiisan 1000-nin Otomadatchi-ja, and the Doramon Games...

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you use Streetpass on a .3ds file? I'm not trying to refer the .3dz file.

Yes.

I just found out about RegionThree by Smea (The Region Unlock hack), would I be able to use this without Ninjhax? Could I play any Japanese Import game on my 3DS? I'd love to play Dangerous Jiisan 1000-nin Otomadatchi-ja, and the Doramon Games...

Read.

If your banned, can you still use the browser exploit on Gateway?

Yes.

I'm having trouble transfering the save data from the retail cartidge of Majora's Mask to the rom in the gateway sd card. I'm not using any cia, just the game itself dumped
Is there anyway to transfer the save from the cartidge to the rom? Thanks in advance

Try SaveDataFiler.

Hi,

I own a Sky3DS and quite a few legit cartridge. I'd like to dump these cartridges but no dumper is available (as far as I know) with the Sky3DS.
I know it's possible to use GW's Launcher.dat dump function using the go.gateway-3DS.com exploit, but it doesn't work past FW 9.2, and I'm at 9.5...

Would it be possible to use Smealum's regionthree hack to launch the GW Launcher.dat ?

Thanks.

No.

I don't currently have a 3DS. I'm just trying to understand the theory here and I'm not too versed in this scene so please bear with me.

Following this tutorial I should be able to downgrade to 4.5 sysNAND and install 4.5 CFW and 9.4 EmuNAND: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721/
1. After completing the tutorial how does it work, will it always be running in CFW or do I need to run something each time after I power the console off?
2. What does the EmuNAND let me do? Use the console as if it were original so I can play retail cartridges and download updates?
3. How do I load EmuNAND when I need it?

Once I've got CFW running, I can use DevMenu or BigBlueBox to install .CIA files on my 3DS.
I want to play Pokemon X/Y, Pokemon ORAS and Super Smash Bros online; I've done some research and CIA files have no headers therefore I should be able to play these games online and not get banned, correct?
If I'm correct on playing CIA files online why do flashcarts exist, what's the advantage of them?

Thanks.

1. You have to start CFW every time you power on the console
2. Use the latest firmware without updating your console's actual firmware
3. DS Profile Exploit, same goes with CFW.

None of those games work on CFW (pokemon X/Y do, but can't save).
Yes.
Currently: better support, less bugs. Whenever someone releases something not as buggy as the CFW and it's compatible with newer games, flashcarts will most probably die.

Im currently at 9.0 SysNAND and 9.5 EmuNAND, but if i were to downgrade to 4.x, would i lose my saves? Since EmuNAND still is on 9.5?

Depends on the game. Most newer games use new save encryption and thus corrupt saves when downgrading.

Reactions: tekwarfare

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: