1. TheLegendaryJame

Newcomer

United States
    Question on 3DS .sav support. So from what I understand is that 3DS .sav files are encrypted to each individual game rom/cartridge, because when I tried using my NDS Adapter Plus to restore a custom save file from online it told me the game save data was corrupted. I thought there were 3DS .sav decryptors, but I don't really understand how they work. From my understanding right now the only possible way to get your own .sav to work is to dump your own original 3DS cartridge using GateWay (or a custom built dumper). I am mainly wondering if there is any possible way to use your own retail cartridge saves with a different ROM dump (such as Venom, BigBlueBox, etc.). I am also wondering is there any way you can dump 3DS ROMS without a GW or a custom ROM dumper because my 3DS is on 9.5. And just to be sure does anybody know what firmware the New Nintendo 3DS XL comes with? My apologies if this question has been asked a million times or whatever.

2. DEElekgolo

DEElekgolo Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is it currently at all possible, flashcard or not. To get a fully decrypted save of a game(like animal crossing) to poke around and possibly inject back.

3. TheLegendaryJame

Newcomer

United States
    Well if it is possible would you have any idea on how to do it?

4. xrM

xrM GBAtemp Regular

I guess then that you also run almost all of your games as .cia installs with almost nothing in the gateway microsd at all? I was planing on doing that myself, just not sure how practical that was.

5. 4ur0r

4ur0r GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    Thanks again for your help, just one last thing. Is there any way to dump a cartiridge WITOUTH a gateway? maybe some dongle or what?
    EDIT: I did some research, apparently I need to install the gateway exploit even if I don't have one, but my 3DS is on 9.5v022 firmware so I think I can't install the exploit, am I wrong?

6. .:drk_drgn:.

Thanks for the reply. I backed up my SD card to my computer with SYSNAND backup and everything else, like my saves, etc, so I have all those on my computer right now. Then I formatted EMUNAND.

For some reason, it kept my old folders, but none of my old themes, purchased games, etc

I think it must have updated to 9.4 because that's what it downloaded earlier (I kept getting the update nag) and it must not have downloaded the latest version. I was using an old Launcher though, so I updated that and then updated my EMUNAND to 9.5.

What should I do to fix this? By the way, I was playing a CIA game (Ace Attorney Trilogy), so if I need to restore NAND / reformat my SD / etc, how would I go about backing up that save and restoring?

Thanks

7. soniczeki

soniczeki GBAtemp Regular

Someone had run multiple emunand. I've seen before. But i can't find now :D

Is possible to run PAL emunand on NTSC emunand?

I have 3 different system nands.
    [​IMG]

8. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™

United States
    wy
    Sysnand 9.5 is not supported yet unfortunatly. Could be a long time if ever.

9. Gelbird

Gelbird Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So I finally got my gateway to work (thank you thorasgar), but I am wondering why my gateway fails to boot up sometimes like every 1/10 times it freezes at a black screen.or is some inconsistencies to be expected?

10. thorasgar

United States
    I am totally confused now. Maybe you should explain it all in one post. Short answer if my understanding is correct you just need to copy the folder structure of your backup on the computer back to the SD card.

11. thorasgar

United States
    It isn't perfect, sometimes I have to try again. Sometimes I suspect I thought I was in sysnand but was actually in emunand and then ran the exploit. That causes a crash.

I wouldn't be concerned about 10% failure rate.

12. soniczeki

#6252 Someone can answer please?

13. thorasgar

United States
    I really am not sure what you are asking. I can say this, you cannot run an emunand on another system. It is tied to the system it was created on.

14. soniczeki

Hmm. But i see someone running multiple emunand on single system. Some Chinese guy on youtube.

15. RiveaJ

RiveaJ Member
    Newcomer

Can you link us to the video? :)

16. soniczeki

Yes i searhing but can't find :/

I know i saw that video on this forum.

17. .:drk_drgn:.

If I copy the old backup file structure onto my SD, would that delete the save file of a CIA game I installed?

EDIT: I backed up the save file using SaveDataFiler.

EDIT 2: I copied the old backup file structure onto the SD card, and nothing seems to have changed.

How do I go about resetting everything back to default, essentially, to my old pre-emunand back up?

EDIT 3: Figured it out, hold UP when you press downgrade in the Gateway menu. Will let you know if there are any problems lol

EDIT 4: After restore, system is exactly the same. :/

18. thorasgar

United States
    Well you can have a 100 SD cards with different emunands or one SD card and copy them back and forth.

What is your goal?

19. soniczeki

20. Calypsoz

Calypsoz Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    quick question how do update to 9.5 emuand?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,