• Replies 53,747
  • Likes 43

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would boot the CFW while holding DOWN and I can see the SD card in the settings. Now it just boots into the homebrew launcher.
that sounds very familiar. I think you could load different things with different button presses at boot up, but I don't remember much about it. it sounds like you're using a very, very old exploit.

stapled

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
that sounds very familiar. I think you could load different things with different button presses at boot up, but I don't remember much about it. it sounds like you're using a very, very old exploit.
I'm pretty sure I used Cubic Ninja to mod it.

EDIT: I just did a clean install using sound hax and now I have luma starting automatically.

Last edited by stapled,
Reactions: godreborn

Jack374

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m just gonna go ahead and ask if anyone experienced with seedminer can help me with the movable sed since the website is being weird for me and thats not in my field of intelligence
Send me a message requesting my id0 and friend code and i can reach you tomorrow since thanksgiving is today so i am busy

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In that case, is an rtx 2070 super + other mid 2020 specs adequate to run seedminer? And if so, is there a guide to using it?
Well, if you Google Seedminer, one of the first things that turns up is https://marenthyu.github.io/3dsSeedMinerGuide/seedminerFriend.html .

You can also in theory do it on your own using a Mii QR code. Someone tried this recently at https://gbatemp.net/threads/obtaining-movable_part1-sed-from-mii-qr-code.592276/ and you have to make sure you have the right version of Seedminer. As discussed in that thread, you'll want to look at the readme.txt in https://github.com/zoogie/seedminer/releases/tag/v2.1 .

I don't know if that graphics card is good enough. (I would expect so?)

Jack374

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m just gonna go ahead and ask if anyone experienced with seedminer can help me with the movable sed since the website is being weird for me and thats not in my field of intelligence
Send me a message requesting my id0 and friend code and i can reach you tomorrow since thanksgiving is today so i am busy
im just gonna include my friend code and ID0 here for people interested
ID0 = 5d43b21cf647fad6350eef5d17c21b6f

Friend code = 066283490401

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Little question about primary exploits:

One thing I've gleaned over the past few years is that many primary exploits rely on bugs causing software to crash, which may then allow for arbitrary custom code to be run.

For 3DS in particular, are there certain types of crashes that are useful, and types that aren't? For instance, it's Wii instead of 3DS, but I recall seeing that Twilight Hack exploited a "stack overflow".

I ask partly because I'm interested but almost clueless about how this all works, and partly because I may in fact know of some ways to crash a certain first-party game, which might not be widely known.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ask partly because I'm interested but almost clueless about how this all works, and partly because I may in fact know of some ways to crash a certain first-party game, which might not be widely known.
The old /r/3dshacks FAQ links to this post.
A crash does not equate to an exploit. From a gravely oversimplified view, exploitable bugs are a subset of all bugs. Crashing can happen due to circumstances completely useless for exploitation, mainly if the game's programming is just shoddy and can't handle a certain corner case.

Without going too deep or technical into the details, exploitable bugs require a certain amount of user-provided data that can be put into place in order to be executed. While QR codes provide a convenient means for providing large amounts of user-controlled data, but it may be properly validated so that no exploits are possible.

Reactions: HelpTheWretched

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16