• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar question I can not change the language of the game to François using the lumalocaleswitcher program of the game mario 3d land of the European region multi version did all of the above does not help!

1) install LumaLocaleSwitcher ;

2) boot-up your console while holding SELECT ;

3) make sure the " enable game patching " option is selected, then just press START to save ;

4) start LumaLocaleSwitcher, select " Choose Locales Directory " and change the path to the second one down, labeled " /luma/titles/%s/locale.txt " .
You don't need neither Lumalocaleswitcher, nor "enabling game patching" in Luma to change the language, but you might need them to run the game from another region if that's the case. If the game (EUR in this case) doesn't give you the option to change it to French, then it's not there. First make sure to change your 3DS's language to French, doesn't hurt if you change location to France or something either. Unless it's a US system then you can't do that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
finally installed fastboot 3ds :D:

20211102_032111.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure really. I've just heard some people suggest it. There's a menu if you hold home while powering on. You can put firm in different slots, some nand management tools, etc.

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be at all possible to incorporate DesMuMe into Citra, or incorporate Citra's bottom screen mapping into DesMuMe? If we could do this, We could set a touch point to an inner ring binding through steam, giving touch aim and swiping with the right stick for DS games

Last edited by Drak0rex,

firstime3dser

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noob here. BootNTR crashed when I was setting it up. Now, BootNTR freeze after saying "Success." I can close it by pressing home, but I still can get past loading settings 3.6. Anyone know what's going on?

For reference, I was following a guide on YT tilted, "How to stream 3ds to pc wirelessly 2021 guide"
I'm also using the latest custom boot.firm and the lastest version of BootNTR, ty

pitrako

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a r4imax (a clone i suppose) a few years back from a random store where they repair electronics, i did the ntrboot method with an old 2DS successfully but i lost the r4imax backup.bin that ntrboot creates and i flashed another's .bin from another flash cartridge, the one on the list from 3ds hack guide that said "R4iSDHC GOLD Pro 20XX" and the flashcart works, don't know to what extent, because i only tried pokemon black edition v2, dragon ball ultimate butouden, hotel dusk room 215, active health with carol vorderman and golden sun dark dawn (this one has the problem).

When saving in golden sun the screen becomes wobbly, but after the process ends it becomes normal, someone knows if this is normal to happen on those flashcarts or it is because i flashed a different backup with ntrboot? I am using YSmenu with an old toshiba microsd card (8GB) but with no difference even if i disable DMA, softreset or the cheats.

Someone can share the original backup from an r4imax? If not please can someone tell me which flashrom to flash to the cartridge that is similar enough or if there's any fix for that game?

Thanks.

EDITED: uploaded video.

Attachments

• vid-20211108-094314_OABXVuFw.mp4
    7.1 MB
Last edited by pitrako,

Guldfisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
So I have a question:

A couple of years ago after a recommendation from a friend, I installed the freeShop" on my N3ds.
I don't remeber how long ago this was, but definitely a couple of years and as far as I know, the Freeshop no longer works. I was told then not to update my N3ds as it would risk bricking. And thus, I currently have version 11.2.0-35E.

Recently, like a year or two ago I installed Twilight Menu.

I have a child at the age of 5 close to me that I would like to be able to use my N3ds. But I don't trust her enough to be able to not update the device every time it's turned on.

Can I update my N3ds without risking it bricking?

I have the following programs installed:
Luma 3ds launcher, FTPD, FBI, FTBrony, the homebrew launcher and, as mentioned before, freeShop as well as Twlilight menu.

A decade ago I was quite well versed with technology and stuff like that so I'm not completely in the dark, but my approach to my N3ds has always been that I want to use it to play games without really caring how it works.

Edit:
Also, can anyone point me in the right direction of where to acquire N3ds games using homebrew and such?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I have a question:

A couple of years ago after a recommendation from a friend, I installed the freeShop" on my N3ds.
I don't remeber how long ago this was, but definitely a couple of years and as far as I know, the Freeshop no longer works. I was told then not to update my N3ds as it would risk bricking. And thus, I currently have version 11.2.0-35E.

Recently, like a year or two ago I installed Twilight Menu.

I have a child at the age of 5 close to me that I would like to be able to use my N3ds. But I don't trust her enough to be able to not update the device every time it's turned on.

Can I update my N3ds without risking it bricking?

I have the following programs installed:
Luma 3ds launcher, FTPD, FBI, FTBrony, the homebrew launcher and, as mentioned before, freeShop as well as Twlilight menu.

A decade ago I was quite well versed with technology and stuff like that so I'm not completely in the dark, but my approach to my N3ds has always been that I want to use it to play games without really caring how it works.
Hold (Select) on power on to get the Luma3DS version on the top of the upper screen.
Depending on the version different pages of 3ds.hacks.guide must be used.

Guldfisk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hold (Select) on power on to get the Luma3DS version on the top of the upper screen.
Depending on the version different pages of 3ds.hacks.guide must be used.
I have version 7.0.4.

What of the programs I mentioned can I remove and still use twilight menu and still play hacked N3ds games?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have version 7.0.4.

What of the programs I mentioned can I remove and still use twilight menu get hacked N3ds games?
You still have A9LH. Here is the upgrade guide. Part of the finalizing setup is updating the official firmware.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

The universal updater should be able to download all relevant software, including TWL++ (be patient, it takes a while to download and extract) right on the 3DS.
https://github.com/Universal-Team/Universal-Updater/releases

Freeshop is useless and can be deleted.

Once you have B9S and latest Luma3DS official updates are fine. Please check GBAtemp forum if Nintendo ever releases another useless update for the 3DS (we always hope it is the last). A new update might break Luma (not often), but not brick the console. In the worst case you have to wait a few hours or a day until the developers release a fix.

Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: Guldfisk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou