• Views 4,435,553
  • Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Checked the firmware numbers and all my 2DS and my 3DS can be hacked. Is there any updated hacking guide that includes the explots found in the last year and a half?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Checked the firmware numbers and all my 2DS and my 3DS can be hacked. Is there any updated hacking guide that includes the explots found in the last year and a half?
There is always going to be https://3ds.hacks.guide/ .full updated. Its always going to be updated and every firmware is always going to be hackable for the 3ds consoles.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well. both the old and new consoles have their online browser type hacks right in that site. So Im not sure how you are missing those.

The guide only has the old methods so I guess that part has not been updated. No Camera hack or browser hack for example Or the one using that app that got updated quite recently .

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The guide only has the old methods so I guess that part has not been updated. No Camera hack or browser hack for example Or the one using that app that got updated quite recently .
Are you running a old cached version of the guide? It has browser hack on n3ds 11.14 and safecerthax on old 3ds for 11.14.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-23-23-53-47-1.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-23-23-53-47-1.png
    161.3 KB · Views: 142
  • Screenshot_2021-02-23-23-53-58-1.png
    Screenshot_2021-02-23-23-53-58-1.png
    174.4 KB · Views: 121

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Just picked up a dirt cheap 2ds running ofw 11.10.0.
Whats best...update first to latest firmware then hack or hack then update?
And reading the above few posts, the 3ds.hacks.guide is good to use, it does seems updated?

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Just picked up a dirt cheap 2ds running ofw 11.10.0.
Whats best...update first to latest firmware then hack or hack then update?
And reading the above few posts, the 3ds.hacks.guide is good to use, it does seems updated?
In your case (I suppose that you have an old 2ds), you can do it as you want (it doesn't matter because Safecerthax method works on Old model consoles with any system version).

RozeMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OMG it's hard to believe I've had my 3DS for so long but apparently yeah!!
So now I'm looking for how to upgrade my firmware without loosing any of my saves. Goal: Get PokeBank on and transfer all my Pokemon to Pokemon Home. Recently got a switch lite. Additionally anyone know if the updated OS allows the 3DS to read bigger SD cards?

New 3DS on 11.9.0-42U, Luma homebrew. Gold R4i+ 3ds/ds running wood.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OMG it's hard to believe I've had my 3DS for so long but apparently yeah!!
So now I'm looking for how to upgrade my firmware without loosing any of my saves. Goal: Get PokeBank on and transfer all my Pokemon to Pokemon Home. Recently got a switch lite. Additionally anyone know if the updated OS allows the 3DS to read bigger SD cards?

New 3DS on 11.9.0-42U, Luma homebrew. Gold R4i+ 3ds/ds running wood.
update luma to 10.2.1. you can then update firmware. the 3ds has always been able to take bigger sd cards. Ive been enjoying a 128GB card in my 3ds for years. No, your saves will not be lost from doing any of this. If worried, you can backup the saves.

RozeMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
update luma to 10.2.1. you can then update firmware. the 3ds has always been able to take bigger sd cards. Ive been enjoying a 128GB card in my 3ds for years. No, your saves will not be lost from doing any of this. If worried, you can backup the saves.
Thank you, I'll work on this over the next few days, been so long since I did it ROFL

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello is it safe to update to the latest 3DS firmware ?

I'm using luma 10.0.1, and bootstrap9 i think, i dunno how to check this to be sure.

I have luma updater

Last edited by IZUNYA,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello is it safe to update to the latest 3DS firmware ?

I'm using luma 10.0.1, and bootstrap9 i think, i dunno how to check this to be sure.

I have luma updater
More often than not Luma updater does not work. You can try it.
You will find the latest version for manual update on the releases page → https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases

Extract boot.firm and boot.3dsx to your SD. Don't forget to update the copy on CTRNAND as well. Once you are on latest Luma3DS, latest official firmware will work. If you update without latest Luma, it will throw ARM11 crash on each boot until you provide latest boot.firm.

Good luck and have fun!

IZUNYA

Trophies
XP
Country
France
More often than not Luma updater does not work. You can try it.
You will find the latest version for manual update on the releases page → https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/releases

Extract boot.firm and boot.3dsx to your SD. Don't forget to update the copy on CTRNAND as well. Once you are on latest Luma3DS, latest official firmware will work. If you update without latest Luma, it will throw ARM11 crash on each boot until you provide latest boot.firm.

Good luck and have fun!

Ok so i update manually then i do the copy to CTRNAND and i can update to latest firmware ?
Am i right ?

Thanks for the help !

Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so i update manually then i do the copy to CTRNAND and i can update to latest firmware ?
Am i right ?

Thanks for the help !
No problems; the last 3DS update already is a few months old. If there were any significant problems we would know by now. Previous versions 10.x of Luma crash; latest version fixed the incompatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: now I have 3 mig switch. going to return these 2 to aliexpress tho