• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Where can i buy a good ds flashcard ?
The Ri4 gold plus isn't available anymore on nds-card, which/where card should i buy ?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1st place goes to R4i Gold 3DS Plus (not available). Close 2nd would be the Ace3DS X (also not available).

For 3rd pick, I'd personally go with the Ace3DS Plus: (unofficial) WOOD kernel, no time bomb, cheap, ntrboot compatible. The one major drawback is that it doesn't support RTS (real time save state).

4th place goes to the R4iSDHC series (by www.r4isdhc.com). They're cheap and ntrboot capable. I don't think these have RTS either. Also doesn't help they have a time bomb requiring YS Menu to bypass.

Check my signature.

Edit - A quick look up reveals one of the R4iSDHC series (R4iSDHC RTS Lite) means that they do have it.

It's a toss up, but I think the edge goes to the R4iSDHC series simply because the time bomb can be worked around.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

JackD412

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wanting to update my 3ds software. will i have to remove homebrew for the up to date firmware and then install the 3ds software update? or vise versa?

Jhta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y’all, I just bought a 3ds from eBay. The seller hasn’t shipped it yet cause she’s calling Nintendo since it’s apparently banned. Will I still be able to use cfw and play cartridges if it’s banned? Or should I just get my money back?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Y’all, I just bought a 3ds from eBay. The seller hasn’t shipped it yet cause she’s calling Nintendo since it’s apparently banned. Will I still be able to use cfw and play cartridges if it’s banned? Or should I just get my money back?
Mhmm.
  • Cartridges do not depend on online access (I guess this is pretty obvious).
  • All 2|3DS can have CFW with ntrboot. This does not depend on any online functionality.
  • With the new browser exploit based method it should be possible without access to Nintendo services.
Whether an online ban is a reason to refrain from getting that console… that is something that only YOU can decide (I personally couldn't care less about online). Certain bans can be lifted with CFW – but I would not count on this.

Good luck and have fun!

Edit:
If the console is banned, I would ask why. Maybe there already is/was CFW. If CFW has been removed this can have bad side effects and make (re-)installing CFW harder (ntrboot will always work).

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: Jhta

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you knew it was a banned console then why was it even something to say you had to purchase it? I dont think nintendo really cares if its being given to someone else. Those types of bans are not likely to be reversed by nintendo. As said there are chances they can be bypassed on cfw. but that depends what ban the console got.

Reactions: Jhta

Jhta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you knew it was a banned console then why was it even something to say you had to purchase it? I dont think nintendo really cares if its being given to someone else. Those types of bans are not likely to be reversed by nintendo. As said there are chances they can be bypassed on cfw. but that depends what ban the console got.
The Ebay listing didn’t say anything about the ban, it actually said that everything was in perfect order, seller only told me afterwards when she couldn’t reset the console. It gave her error 005-5956. Thanks for your reply.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Mhmm.
  • Cartridges do not depend on online access (I guess this is pretty obvious).
  • All 2|3DS can have CFW with ntrboot. This does not depend on any online functionality.
  • With the new browser exploit based method it should be possible without access to Nintendo services.
Whether an online ban is a reason to refrain from getting that console… that is something that only YOU can decide (I personally couldn't care less about online). Certain bans can be lifted with CFW – but I would not count on this.

Good luck and have fun!

Edit:
If the console is banned, I would ask why. Maybe there already is/was CFW. If CFW has been removed this can have bad side effects and make (re-)installing CFW harder (ntrboot will always work).
Thanks for your response! I’ll ask her if she had cfw on it today. If she did, and it was uninstalled, I’ll just ask for a refund since the product doesn’t match the description. I honestly don’t care about online access, I just really enjoy modding the systems. I was worried because a few different cfw exploits I saw on YouTube wanted me to download a free game from the 3ds eshop.

Actually, the error is 005-5964 haha. Sorry y’all, just woke up.

D

Deleted User

how likely is a ban if i download an update through the eshop for a game i got as a .cia?

myspacee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello,
totally new to softmod my 'new 3DS xl', and i'm searching info.

Is always possibile to softmod 3ds today ? where i can start ?
(please suggest me some updated guide)

Thank you for your time and sorry for my english,
m.

Last edited by myspacee,

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello,
totally new to softmod my 'new 3DS xl', and i'm searching info.

Is always possibile to softmod 3ds today ? where i can start ?
(please suggest me some updated guide)

Thank you for your time and sorry for my english,
m.
Absolutely. And start with this guide:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

You can change the language on that website, but it's preferable to try with the english version at all

Last edited by fmkid,

myspacee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for reply. I'm reading ntrboot part that use a Compatible Flashcart.

I've an old 3ds broken, that I used until last week with Gateway.

From guide i see that blue Gateway is supported, but it is not in list txx... from guide :
"Some flashcarts may require firmware or “kernel” files to be copied to the flashcart SD card.
Consult your specific flashcart’s instructions for more information."

To wichh card we can compare blue gateway card ?
( in other words, is suitable to be used with this guide ? )

m.

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Thank you for reply. I'm reading ntrboot part that use a Compatible Flashcart.

I've an old 3ds broken, that I used until last week with Gateway.

From guide i see that blue Gateway is supported, but it is not in list txx... from guide :
"Some flashcarts may require firmware or “kernel” files to be copied to the flashcart SD card.
Consult your specific flashcart’s instructions for more information."

To wichh card we can compare blue gateway card ?
( in other words, is suitable to be used with this guide ? )

m.
Do you have any problem accessing to your console SysNand? If not, check what is its actual firmware version

NTRBoot is indeed the last resource to modify your console. Then, perharps is not neccesary to use it for now (there are another viable methods to do it)

vondarkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
just wondering....

my SD card is still in good condition, the data can be accessed and be copied/pasted, but cannot be read by my 3DS. planned to change my SD card. However, is my purchase history still recorded in the device?? I mean I know that I need to say goodbye to my save files, but at the very least, I don't wanna rebuy the game that I've bought. So I wanna make sure that it's safe to just change my SD card and redownload all of the games that I've bought.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
just wondering....

my SD card is still in good condition, the data can be accessed and be copied/pasted, but cannot be read by my 3DS. planned to change my SD card. However, is my purchase history still recorded in the device?? I mean I know that I need to say goodbye to my save files, but at the very least, I don't wanna rebuy the game that I've bought. So I wanna make sure that it's safe to just change my SD card and redownload all of the games that I've bought.
Purchase history/tickets are saved on the internal NAND and the Nintendo servers. Purchased software can be redownloaded from the eShop to any SD as often as you like.

Copy+paste is usually sufficient. Copy your data on a computer and try Quad reformat. Don't skip the full test, even on a new SD.

If the content inside the Nintendo 3DS folder is corrupted this will need manual troubleshooting. Recovering games saves may be possible. Please describe the issue a bit more. What is the problem? For example: Missing games/icons on Home Menu? Error message stating that the SD could not be read? SD not even detected?

Good luck and have fun!

D

Deleted User

The Ebay listing didn’t say anything about the ban, it actually said that everything was in perfect order, seller only told me afterwards when she couldn’t reset the console. It gave her error 005-5956. Thanks for your reply.

Thanks for your response! I’ll ask her if she had cfw on it today. If she did, and it was uninstalled, I’ll just ask for a refund since the product doesn’t match the description. I honestly don’t care about online access, I just really enjoy modding the systems. I was worried because a few different cfw exploits I saw on YouTube wanted me to download a free game from the 3ds eshop.
DO NOT FOLLOW A YOUTUBE TUTORIAL!!! You need to follow Plailect's Guide (Use Browserhax 2020)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse