1. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Germany
    JKSM and/or Checkpoint.

If you mean NAND/preinstalled titles with "internally" don't forget to set
    "nand_saves": true
    in sd:/3ds/Checkpoint/config.json

Good luck and have fun!

alexander1970 and TurdPooCharger like this.
  2. kllr007

kllr007 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Slovakia
    Yeah but than it's forced everywhere, I hoped for some like per-game setting.

3. TurdPooCharger

United States
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Open a feature request asking the Luma3DS devs to add applying game specific settings. If they like the idea of including it someday, maybe it'll show up in a future release.

alexander1970 likes this.
  4. tyroteki

tyroteki Newbie
    Newcomer

Poland
    Hello!
    Just done all steps by this tutorial 3ds guide with my New 3DS + 256GB micro SDXC card and I am looking for answers to start :)

1. Can I make load themes on boot with Anemone, or I need to load them every time I power on my 3DS?
    2. Can I play online cia games and be safe (for example Mario Kart 7)?
    3. Any advice what software (applications) is worth to install to start this journey? :)

5. Ratylird

Ratylird Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    I have a question, I’ve searched everywhere online and can’t find an answer to it.

say I downloaded a game on the eshop and saved it to the sd. If I was to put said sd card into a gateway/r4 card would I then be able to run in that way?

basically I’m an avid collector and like my physical versions, I’d like to have my own for my collection of games that weren’t released as physical copies. If that won’t work, is there other ways to produce a similar effect? I also came across these blank carts

Attached Files:

Last edited by Ratylird, Jul 2, 2020 at 1:19 PM
  6. KleinesSinchen

Germany
    A normal R4 cart is for DS games, not 3DS. It will not play any 3DS games.

Expensive 3DS mode flashcarts exist. The mimic retail games and are limited to unmodified ROMs from the same region as the console (if the console does not have CFW). No homebrew, no romhacks, no eShop-only games. You will not find much tolerance or help for questions about Sky3DS+ on GBAtemp anyway (I can't help you with that because I don't own such a thing) and just get the link to 3ds.hacks.guide over and over again.

Sorry for the negative reply. I don't know any way to achieve your goal of creating physical versions of download-only games.

By the way: The screenshot you attached is not blank carts but new cases for damaged games.

Nevertheless:

Good luck and have fun!

TurdPooCharger and alexander1970 like this.
  7. Ratylird

Ratylird Newbie
    Newcomer

United Kingdom

Thanks for the reply. Do you know any of the names of these expensive flash cards you mentioned? Do they still need an sd card to work?

Apologies if my questions are stupid, I’m just clueless with all this

KleinesSinchen and alexander1970 like this.
  8. KleinesSinchen

Germany
    There are only two I know of: Sky3DS+ and Stargate 3DS (which claims to be an all-in-one solution for DS, 3DS games and ntrboot for installing custom firmware but seems to have a lot of problems as well).

Please keep in mind that both of these mimic retail games and switch through the ROMs on the micro-SD with physical buttons. They have no menu like flashcarts in DS mode (Startgate should have a menu in DS mode of course). No device I know of has the capability to make eShop-only titles run from SLOT-1 without CFW.
    My knowledge on this topic is very limited and I can't say if starting arbitrary software from SLOT-1 in 3DS mode becomes possible with CFW (and how??)

Gateway3DS (outdated, please don't use) used it's own custom firmware for launching games but it does not work on higher firmware versions and has a ton of problems.

To put it short:
    Signature checks and the overall improved security makes simple "repo-carts" impossible on newer consoles.

9. 3DSBricker

3DSBricker Daily Active Member

Netherlands
    Can i inject my saves in a retail game cart?

10. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    Yes, Use JKSM or checkpoint to do so.

TurdPooCharger likes this.
  11. 3DSBricker

3DSBricker Daily Active Member

Netherlands
    I didn't find an option for game cards.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,