• Likes 43

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You've been most helpful! =)
So let's see if I've gotten this right:
I'll get a fresh card and start from scratch since I don't want copy the files on the second hand card that came with the 3DS to my computer because of the potential virus risk. Is it then necessary to also format my 3DS, and can I do so without losing Luma3DS? Other then boot.firm, do I need anything else on the SD card? I don't care for custom themes or homebrew atm, but I guess I need to get FBI (to play .cia-files) or will that still saved on the system memory?
Why the hell would you think you would get a virus from that sd card? Put boot.firm on the sd card root aswell as the items from the finalizing steps of the guide.

3DSBricker

Not So Daily Active Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You want to use a new sd card so you need to copy the latest boot.firm and the homebrew starters pack. Then if you want you can format your 3ds. This will delete anything the previous owner installed. After you did that i recommend to follow the finalizing setup to inject the homebrew launcher and install fbi.
P.s. there are no virusses for the 3ds and i don't think there is something on the sd card for your pc/laptop.

Last edited by 3DSBricker,

WilliamSB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks for all the good tips! I'm following the finalizing setup guide now and am about to format the 3DS since there's a bunch of junk on it from the previous user. Just to make sure, selecting Format system memory from "settings" won't get rid of b9s, just all the other stuff?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Format System Memory will permanently erase the following.
  • all of the installed games, dlcs, updates, saves, and extdata in the Nintendo 3DS folder.
  • all of the installed DSiWare games & saves on the [2:] SYSNAND TWLN partition.
  • all of the previous user's personal data such as Friend List, Friend Code, Miis, NNID, Activity Log, private legit tickets of eShop purchases, and system titles' game savedata.
Reuse the SD card that can with the 3DS system.
  1. Quadruple reformat
  2. Full Write + Verify the empty card in H2testw.
  3. If the result comes back clean, delete the *.h2w test files.
  4. Build a fresh setup on the SD card by following the Finalizing Setup.

Reactions: 3DSBricker

WilliamSB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Good! I have a fresh 32gb card, no need for the old 2gb one. Following the finalizing guide there's a step stating there should be a luma folder on the sd card though, but there's not (since its just been formatted)?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, 2 GB is dinky... Keep that card as a spare containing a bare bone setup holding a backup copy of the sysnand *.bin image for firmware recovery purposes in case of a future softbrick.

Finalizing Setup should cover the essentials in what to add to the SD card when building a new setup.

Jonatan1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Hi, I recently just got a old 3DS, and I was wondering if there was anything to instantly boot up my flashcard or cfw, kind of like unlaunch on the DSi. Does anybody know of a tool to do that?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I recently just got a old 3DS, and I was wondering if there was anything to instantly boot up my flashcard or cfw, kind of like unlaunch on the DSi. Does anybody know of a tool to do that?
cfw will automatically launch when its installed. For the flashcart. no, nothing like that exists.

kllr007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
Hi I have question, I have SD Card from my previous 3DS (with luma cfw, installed games etc. ), How make this card works on new 3ds also with luma ? I just want continue where its left, so have my installed games, save files etc.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I have question, I have SD Card from my previous 3DS (with luma cfw, installed games etc. ), How make this card works on new 3ds also with luma ? I just want continue where its left, so have my installed games, save files etc.
If its a different 3ds. you will need to do a system transfer to have it so the new system has the keys needed to decrypt the files and load them.

3DSBricker

Not So Daily Active Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
what do you mean cfw will automatically launch when it is installed? I have TWiLightMenu++ installed, how do i make that automatically boot when i turn on the 3ds?
Do you have Luma3ds?
AFAIK you can't auto boot apps.
The 3ds has online games, ds(i) has only (flash)cards.

Last edited by 3DSBricker,

kllr007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
If its a different 3ds. you will need to do a system transfer to have it so the new system has the keys needed to decrypt the files and load them.
Yeah situation is like this -
I have 2DS XL with all my data (homebrew, SNES injections etc) I have N3DS on the way and want to transfer everything to it. I was hoping that hack it and than just use my SD card would be enough.
If not, what can I do ?

kllr007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
well another problem.
I cant perform seedminer bannebomb explir, everytime I go to data management - DSIWare - SD card, it just crash to home with Error has occured forcing software to close. Without exploited DSIWare file from seedminer it does not crash. I dont understand.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well another problem.
I cant perform seedminer bannebomb explir, everytime I go to data management - DSIWare - SD card, it just crash to home with Error has occured forcing software to close. Without exploited DSIWare file from seedminer it does not crash. I dont understand.
???

Turn off the n2DSXL. Turn the system back on and hold the (SELECT) button. Do you see Luma3DS v10.1.3 configuration?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"