• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

drag0nb0x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so everything worked great.. went to mod my daughters 3ds and i got it to backup her NAND but now boots to a black screen :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

so everything worked. went to to my daughters and after doing the backup it now boots to a black screen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No cfa

I am not very familiar with that.
What update are you trying to do with that CFA file? From what i have seen it seems to be a converted file which would likely need to be put into a cia installable type to use with FBI.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't really matter to me. I just wanted to know if it is possible to convert cfa to cia (or maybe not) because that is 4 mb and sysupdater files i saw are 125 mb.
Probably. But if it dont matter to you. Why bother trying to wrack your brain on something thats completely redundant to yourself. Im sure you got better things to be working on. or worried about.

3DSBricker

Not So Daily Active Member
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes i have, my problem is a luma3ds error:
ezgif-4-89927ab597c2.jpg
The card was removed but i did not touch it. And no my sd card is ok. It happens to 3 games: Super mario maker, Zelda Majora's mask en Garfield racing.
I had this problem before and had to restore a backup from my 3ds and the sd card.

Sorry you can't read the picture i will upload it again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200617-194352.png
    Screenshot_20200617-194352.png
    1,016.5 KB · Views: 146

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes i have, my problem is a luma3ds error:
View attachment 213760
The card was removed but i did not touch it. And no my sd card is ok. It happens to 3 games: Super mario maker, Zelda Majora's mask en Garfield racing.
I had this problem before and had to restore a backup from my 3ds and the sd card.

Sorry you can't read the picture i will upload it again.
Hmmm. Do you have other sd cards that you could try with those games to see if that error still shows up?

WilliamSB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Total n00b reporting in.
I just bought a second hand old 3ds for cheap that seems to be "jailbroken". It has a custom theme (rick & morty - ugh) and a folder that says Jailbreak. Inside this there's a homebrew launcher, something caller Luma 3ds updater, a program called FBI, one called Anemone3ds and one called Checkpoint. I don't know if these files are on the SD card or in the system memory (probably the latter though, as I can still see the Jailbreak folder when I take out the card - it's just not accessible), and I don't want to explore the card on my computer since I don't know what kind of wierd files or possibly viruses might be on there. If I was to use a new SD card in the 3ds (which I'd do anyway since the the one that came with it is only 2gb), what files do I put on there in order for everything to work (provided I still want to be able to use the jailbroken functions)?

3DSBricker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The folder Jailbraik is just a home menu folder.
The programs are installed (nintendo 3ds folder) on the sd card. If you boot the 3ds while holding select, do you see the luma configuration? If so in the right corner should be some thing like: Luma3ds booted via B9S. Or Luma3ds booted via A9LH/Arm9loaderhax. What does it say and what version luma is it?

WilliamSB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wow, thanks for the speedy reply!
At the top of the top screen it says "Luma3DS v10.1.3 configuration". At the bottom of the bottom one it says "Booted from SD via B9S".

3DSBricker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
O that's a really recent release. So you are up to date. With FBI you can install CIA programs (i know it sounds funny when you think about it). On some sites (can't link nor name here) you can download 3ds games in cia format. Not in .3ds format they are for 3ds flashcards (Gateway 3ds, Sky3ds, Stargate) and sith Anemone3ds you can install custom themes.

Before you ask, if your 3ds is not up to date. It is safe to update.

If you want a new sd card, you can just transfer everything to the new. If you want a fresh start you can format the 3ds and then the sd. Remember to put the boot.firm from the latest luma release on your sd and the homebrew starters pack.

Last edited by 3DSBricker,

WilliamSB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Great, thank you so much!
Do I need any the other programs that're on there? If I get a fresh SD-card and put the FBI-program and some cia-files on there, am I good to go then (and skip anemone, checkpont and luma)? Or are there other files on the card that might be needed for everything to work? See, my problem is that I don't want to use the sketchy second hand card that came with the 3DS in my computer..

3DSBricker

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I updated my post with more details:
Before you ask, if your 3ds is not up to date. It is safe to update.

If you want a new sd card, you can just transfer everything to the new. If you want a fresh start you can format the 3ds and then the sd. Remember to put the boot.firm from the latest luma release on your sd and the homebrew starters pack.

Just follow the finalizing setup after you formatted it and put the boot.firm on the sd.
https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup.html

Last edited by 3DSBricker,

WilliamSB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You've been most helpful! =)
So let's see if I've gotten this right:
I'll get a fresh card and start from scratch since I don't want copy the files on the second hand card that came with the 3DS to my computer because of the potential virus risk. Is it then necessary to also format my 3DS, and can I do so without losing Luma3DS? Other then boot.firm, do I need anything else on the SD card? I don't care for custom themes or homebrew atm, but I guess I need to get FBI (to play .cia-files) or will that still saved on the system memory?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.