1. TurdPooCharger

United States
    You can Format System Memory at any time, but I don't think that'll solve the 007-2001 error code of being locked out of EUR eShop. Was your n3DSLL a special edition with preinstalled demos or bundled game titles? If it was, yours might have been already locked in to JPN eShop when those were preinstalled at factory. :(

Some have reported successfully region changing their [ n3DS / n3DSXL ] with access to that adopted region's eShop. The process involves System Transfer between two n3DS(XL) systems {not sure if one has to be legit or native to the target region}, unlinking + relinking + creating new NNID, system reformat, and sysnand restores.

I believe this might be a way to gain EUR eShop access on your JPN n3DSLL by spoofing or injecting its ITCM at boot with a (real), unbanned EUR n3DSXL's OTP.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, May 23, 2020
    peteruk and alexander1970 like this.
  2. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

It is indeed a special edition, it's a Smash Bros New 3ds LL (and it's beautiful, I always wanted one and it cost me a fortune to import from Japan)

There were 2 pre installed titles (not games though) they were flipnote and some sort of movie application

I will have a good read of everything you've posted above and see what I can do

I haven't tried to download game updates yet, that's a biggie for me, I hope I'll be able to do it

I'll certainly let you know how I get on, thank you as ever for all your help and suggestions :)

EDIT - just read all you wrote, I could certainly come up with a donor OTP (I've a load of back up's from previously owned consoles and I think I may have some OTP as well, also friendseed codes)

Just wonder if OTP injection is dangerous though, sounds dangerous - but then with a nand backup and GM9 I should be ok right ? lol

Last edited by peteruk, May 23, 2020
    alexander1970 and TurdPooCharger like this.
  3. TurdPooCharger

United States
    I believe OTP injection can be dangerous in specific scenarios, not due to serious or permanent harm to the 3DS firmware or hardware, but from the possibility of getting hyperbanned if Nintendo catches your (source) system and (target) systems borrowing that (source)'s OTP are signed online at the same time.

If I were you, I would avoid OTP→ITCM injection for the time being. Let its development stew for a bit longer and wait for incoming reports for those brave enough to try it and document their findings.

If you do plan to use OTP→ITCM injection, my advice is to only inject the donor's EUR n3DSXL OTP for single session eShop visits → turn off n3DSLL → turn back on with no injection in place.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger, May 23, 2020
    alexander1970 and peteruk like this.
  4. 3DSBricker

3DSBricker Daily Active Member

Netherlands
    There is someone on reddit who explains how to make it work after an Japan to European Ctrtranfer.
    In short terms you needed to delete your NNID with wifi on in you JAPANESE firmware. And then back to European. I will post a photo (screenshot) with his text.

Attached Files:

Last edited by 3DSBricker, May 24, 2020
    Nintendo_Fan_2006 and peteruk like this.
  5. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom

Thanks mate, I shall have a read after posting :)

I have never added an NNID at all yet, I simply tried to access the eShop on the euro shop and got the error code, I had never even turned wifi on in Japan mode when I bought it.

alexander1970 likes this.
  6. 3DSBricker

Netherlands
    I know but the poster on Reddit also did not have any NNID linked. He said that there was some account linked to your Serial Number. I don't know how good your Japanese is but you need to go into the settings of the JPN firmware.

7. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Psycho!

Canada
    I dont really get what they are even going on about with just that one screen you posted. Just goes on about removing a account and a serial number. but not to actually sign in to the eshop.

peteruk likes this.
  8. 3DSBricker

Netherlands
  9. lone_wolf323

Canada
    That just made things worse. 1 Its a old 3ds they used. 2 it doesnt say they outright got onto the eshop. both times they said they met with that error.

peteruk likes this.
  10. 3DSBricker

Netherlands
    Sorry i was a bit late but there is too much text for my phone so i posted the link where they had succes.

11. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    I really do appreciate you guys trying to help me, not sure of what steps to take next but I'll have a bash later on today when I wake up a bit more.

12. peteruk

peteruk GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    @TurdPooCharger So I gave system format a try, just for the heck of it...... as you rightly stated didn't fix the eShop problem but it did fix the notifications problem where i was receiving both english & japanese notifications

I think I'm gonna go ahead and make an actual thread detailing everything I've tried to see if I can get a little more exposure and hopefully a solution

alexander1970 and TurdPooCharger like this.
  13. saito1234

saito1234 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    But if I do a system update will Luma 6.6 still work on the new FW?...
    Is this the only way?

14. TurdPooCharger

United States
    Update the custom firmware.

alexander1970 likes this.
  15. grey72

grey72 GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    Is there any way to get the english system menu or a translation of it on a Japanese 3DS LL without a region change?

If region change is the only option, what's the latest guide for it and is it safe/would you recommend doing it?

16. TechBeast

TechBeast Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does hiyacfw work properly on 3ds?

17. alexander1970

alexander1970 Wuff Wuff.

Austria
    Hello.:)

I do not think so,because it is a DSi Custom Firmware.:)

18. 3DSBricker

Netherlands
    Yeah i think he meant Luma or Twilight menu wich works great

Nintendo_Fan_2006 likes this.
  19. UltraSUPRA

UltraSUPRA Permabanned from Scratch

United States
    [​IMG]
    What happened?

20. lone_wolf323