• Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok
Bought my son a regular 3DS last week and used soundhax.
Installed a few games on it and he's played them and has save files.
Today bought a 3DSXL and again used soundhax
I don't mind installing all the CIAs again on the XLs SD card but how do I transfer his save files from his 3DS to the new XL ?
You're going to have to reinstall the games from the CIA files. As for the save files, you can either do a system transfer from the old 3DS to the new one, or you can use Checkpoint to backup the decrypted versions of the save files and restore them.

c3lv1c3

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I just bought a New 3DS Xl with Luma CFW since I'm a total noob I ask some questions which are not clearly answered when I googled them:
- Do I need a flashcard to play .nds /3ds backups or can I put ROMs on a normal SD and then boot the ROMs directly from my CFW?
- If I need a flashcard which is the best still R4Gold?

Last edited by c3lv1c3,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just bought a New 3DS Xl with Luma CFW since I'm a total noob I ask some questions which are not clearly answered when I googled them:
- Do I need a flashcard to play .nds /3ds backups or can I put ROMs on a normal SD and then boot the ROMs directly from my CFW?
You do not need a flashcart. Those for the 3DS mode are pretty expensive and very limited. Install 3DS games in .CIA format directly to the console micro-SD.

For DS games there is TWiLight Menu++. If you prefer a flashcart for DS games the “R4i Gold 3DS Plus” is very good (the “3DS” in the name of many cheap flashcarts means “Works on 3DS”. Those are still for the DS mode and will not play 3DS games).

Buying a premodded system has the downside that you are not familiar with the terms and the software. At least create a NAND image of your system and store it in a secure location. [The Guide] Backup Essential Files.

Hold (Select) while turning on the 3DS to see the version number of Luma3DS on the top of the upper screen. It should be at least v9.1.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
If you prefer a flashcart for DS games the “R4i Gold 3DS Plus” is very good (the “3DS” in the name of many cheap flashcarts means “Works on 3DS”. Those are still for the DS mode and will not play 3DS games)..

Please refer to the suggestion from @KleinesSinchen
https://www.r43ds.com.de/r4igold-3ds-plus.html

And please do not buy so called "Shitty Chinese Clones" like our Flashcard Professor @Shadow#1 always suggests.:)
That One you get on Aliexpress or Amazon for Example:

https://www.amazon.com/-/de/dp/B07RYTMH6D/ref=sr_1_5?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=JCHCX33B7BC2&keywords=r4i+flash+card&qid=1577952152&sprefix=r4i+flash,aps,405&sr=8-5

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_7,searchweb201603_53

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/330...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_7,searchweb201603_53

Please avoid them.:)
Thank you.:)

Mafg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using Luma to apply any translation or uncensored patches on my cia games but can I use the same method for patching any cartridge games and digital games bought from eshop?

After all, is it possible to buy any games from eshop after cfw?

jotabe1789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you had to do something to boot them, then don't worry as nothing was installed permanently in the console that you have to uninstall. You can just follow [link redacted] as written.
We can give you more precise advice if you tell us what firmware you're on.
Thanks for the answer!

I followed the instructions in the webpage you indicated, and now I have the firmware 11.13.0-45U, Luma3ds 10.0.1, gm9, and I have been able to convert my .3ds to .cia and install them with FBI.

My last question is regarding the DS backups in .nds format and the blue cart: I have read that I can use the blue cart without problem in other threads, as long as I am in Luma mode. This will sound basic, but how do I know if i am? Am I in Luma ever time i boot the 3ds after soft-modding it? Can i just use my blue cart without issue?

Reactions: Alexander1970

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the answer!

I followed the instructions in the webpage you indicated, and now I have the firmware 11.13.0-45U, Luma3ds 10.0.1, gm9, and I have been able to convert my .3ds to .cia and install them with FBI.

My last question is regarding the DS backups in .nds format and the blue cart: I have read that I can use the blue cart without problem in other threads, as long as I am in Luma mode. This will sound basic, but how do I know if i am? Am I in Luma ever time i boot the 3ds after soft-modding it? Can i just use my blue cart without issue?
With B9S/Luma the console will boot Luma all the time (unless you force loading native.firm)

If Luma is active you can access Rosalina Menu with (L)+(↓)+(Select) and in case you set
(x) Show NAND or user string in System Setting
like the guide advises, it will say Sys [version number] when opening System Settings.

Luma disables all the garbage restrictions and you should be able to start any flashcart that works on some DSi and/or 3DS version (which is obviously true for the blue Gateway)

Note that Rosalina Menu cannot be accessed while in DS(i)-mode (e.g. after booting Gateway blue). Same for GBA-mode.

Have fun.

jotabe1789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With B9S/Luma the console will boot Luma all the time (unless you force loading native.firm)

If Luma is active you can access Rosalina Menu with (L)+(↓)+(Select) and in case you set
(x) Show NAND or user string in System Setting
like the guide advises, it will say Sys [version number] when opening System Settings.

Luma disables all the garbage restrictions and you should be able to start any flashcart that works on some DSi and/or 3DS version (which is obviously true for the blue Gateway)

Note that Rosalina Menu cannot be accessed while in DS(i)-mode (e.g. after booting Gateway blue). Same for GBA-mode.

Have fun.
It's true, I hadn't noticed. It says Sys instead of Ver. as it used before modding.

After booting the blue cart, just rebooting the 3ds will take me back to luma, right?

Thanks for your answer!

Last edited by jotabe1789,

krikit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT

Issue resolved. I reformatted the card again (full, not quick), but it still didn't work. I then switched SD cards and the process finally worked as expected. Not sure what the issue was since the old card didn't come up with any errors. Oh well, at least it's over.

Hi all, I've followed the bannerbomb 3ds hacks guide to mod my son's 2ds (11.13), but this green screen always comes up instead of the boot9strap install screen. The only thing people seem to be saying about this issue around the internet, is to make sure boot.nds, and format the card if that doesn't work. These solutions have not worked. The guide says nothing about this issue.

I later tried the Pokemon picross variation, but I had the same issue at the same step.

This is so much more complicated than a Wii hack. Any help would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by krikit,

MrLeche

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, question with boop to FBI, I tried remote installing a "cia game update". it doesn't work. the cia gets installed success on fbi but when you fireup the game its still not updated. Same thing with remote installing .cia DLC files.

How do you "remote install" those anyway?

TIA

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the update may be a different region. even if the version you downloaded is region free, I think it will still require an update for a specific region.

cwinners

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
II recently bought a 2DS XL. Is there a guide to install Luma on 11.7-40U?

Ive been looking around and cant find it anywhere.

rpgyahweh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I used to use a gateway 3ds and now I got a luma new 3ds xl off of ebay
Could I get some help getting started? I'm not really sure where to go to find info to work out where I am in the process of things but I've noticed it doesn't have the freeshop? But it does have Luma? It is on sys 11.0.0-33E

Things seemed to have changed a lot from the days I'd go to a website with my gateway 3ds card. Is my gateway card useless now? What flash card should I get to replace it? I'm interested mostly in rom hacks so it will have a lot of use to me

I got pics that could help explain but as a new user I can't post them

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So I used to use a gateway 3ds and now I got a luma new 3ds xl off of ebay
Could I get some help getting started? I'm not really sure where to go to find info to work out where I am in the process of things but I've noticed it doesn't have the freeshop? But it does have Luma? It is on sys 11.0.0-33E

Things seemed to have changed a lot from the days I'd go to a website with my gateway 3ds card. Is my gateway card useless now? What flash card should I get to replace it? I'm interested mostly in rom hacks so it will have a lot of use to me

I got pics that could help explain but as a new user I can't post them
You don't need a flashcart at all. Put your Gateway card away. Just get the latest boot.firm from https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases and replace the one on your SD card. Then update your console and you're ready to do anything you need.
If you want to know how to do a rom hack for a particular game, search for it in the 3DS rom hack forum to see if anyone else has asked. Or someone might respond here with generally how to do it (I have no idea myself).

oom12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
In the 3ds guide in the a9lh to boo9strap section in the finalization setup
https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup
It says "If, while following a previous version of this guide, you CTRTransfered your New 3DS to 2.1.0, you should now restore your NAND backup before doing this section." I have installed luma via a9lh using the old guide and there was a section called safe ctrtransfer : https://quantumcat1.github.io/safectrtransfer-(homebrew-launcher) so I think I have done this ) is the section above in the old guide what they mean in the new guide?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In the 3ds guide in the a9lh to boo9strap section in the finalization setup
https://3ds.hacks.guide/finalizing-setup
It says "If, while following a previous version of this guide, you CTRTransfered your New 3DS to 2.1.0, you should now restore your NAND backup before doing this section." I have installed luma via a9lh using the old guide and there was a section called safe ctrtransfer : https://quantumcat1.github.io/safectrtransfer-(homebrew-launcher) so I think I have done this ) is the section above in the old guide what they mean in the new guide?
it means if your console was still on 2.1.0 to do a nand backup to not brick your console. if your back on a normal firmware than just continue on with everything.

Reactions: oom12

metorresv

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello! I have an O3DS. It's 8.1.0-0U, and to my knowledge, since it's never been to the internet and was updated through the Smash Bros cart, I need to know...

Is there any way to use an alternative homebrew with my current firmware? All options lead to 9.X.X, and no 8.X.X. My 3DS's touch screen is completely dead. Soundhax doesn't work. If I were to use a 4.X soundhax M4A with this 3DS, would it work? It's also important to add that I have 2 other CFW systems.

What can I do?

Thanks in advance. You guys are amazing. Such dedication towards the scene.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: