3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    I don't understand how this is possible.

Except for certain titles that make their saves on SD card like Monster Hunter Generations or Minecraft, your nephew's gamecarts should have kept their save data on their respective cartridges.

Can you double check whether or not he has digital or HOME Menu versions of those games that were downloaded from Nintendo eShop? Also ask him if he performed a Format System Memory right before he hacked his 3DS. This might explain his lost game collection: everything was unknowingly erased.

2. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 2, 2003
    United States
    He wrote me back and said it's his digital titles saves that are gone. I can ask about if he did the format option or not. He's only 10 and I thought his mom was going to help him through the steps, but he took it in his own hands without waiting. :unsure:

3. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh.

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    In case he reformatted the system like this,
    • HOME Menu → System Settings → Other Settings → Format System Memory
    , that action permanently erases the Nintendo 3DS folder.

Find out if backed up or kept an intact copy of the Nintendo 3DS folder that has those games and saves.

If he does have it, he will need to fix matching the encryption KeyY between the 3DS firmware and that folder's <ID0> subfolder using this script.
    Format System Memory changes the encryption key. Wrong key = no recognition to previous game library.

It might be better to have your sister(-in-law) or someone close to them that knows and feels comfortable enough about computer stuff to fix it.

4. Melhisedek

Melhisedek Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 7, 2006
    Guys I have a N3DS with latest Luma and a r4i card. Lately I've heard about Twilightmenu++, please excuse me for my ignorance but do I really need it with my setup? Anything cool it can do?

5. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    It can play DS games from your SD card, but with less compatibility than a DS flashcart. Since you have an R4i card you'll be better off just playing DS roms from there.

hiimkir and Melhisedek like this.
  6. hiimkir

hiimkir Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I've Steelmined my 3ds, so I can run HBL now, but now DS wireless mode gives me a 51099 error when trying to connect. Can this be a consequence of hack? I'm using a mobile unsecured hotspot, and everything worked before

7. RookieKid

RookieKid Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 21, 2017
    After Freeshop closed, I downloaded a bunch of 3DS games, but not all of them are .cia, some are .3ds Is it possible to install these games and how do I do it?

8. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    You would want to run godmode9's convert to cia yo install them. Other than that. You would want to look at redownloading those titles as cia files if you dont want to do that..

Quantumcat and RookieKid like this.
  9. kbf

kbf GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
    Hi can someone answer my question please? I posted here awhile back but it's been so long and I don't wanna dig through old posts and I guess with this sorta scene things tend to change a lot. So my question is I have an original 3DS model on 11.0.0-33U. Is that hackable? also this 3DS has a 2GB sd card in it, if I mod the 3DS afterwards can I move all the files from the 2GB to a bigger card without any issues? the friend i'm hacking the 3DS for says he wants to get a bigger card. So i'm just not sure if I can hack it with the 2gb card and then just move all the files to another?

And finally what is currently the easiest/best method to mod a 3DS right now?

10. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Follow https://3ds.guide. You'll be able to use the soundhax method. You can hack it with the 2GB SD card but that won't be big enough to make a sysNAND backup, and there's hardly any room for games (you could fit 1-3 small ones only) so he may as well get the bigger SD card before you begin.

11. kbf

kbf GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada

https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(soundhax) it says it's for 3.0.0 through 8.1.0 so would this still work on my 11.0.0-33U 3DS? also can I still back up the sysnand later with a bigger SD card?

12. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
  13. kbf

kbf GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 7, 2008
    Canada
  14. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Mar 28, 2018
    Germany
    To install B9S arbitrary code execution on the ARM9 is needed. On earlier firmware versions this is easier (direct ARM9 kernel exploit from ARM11 userland) – don’t ask me about the technical details.

On newer firmware versions (must be ≤ 11.3) an exploit chain is needed:
    Soundhax (ARM11 userland) → udsploit (ARM11 kernel) → safehax (ARM9 kernel=highest privileges)

The goal and the result of all paths on the guide is the same: Installing B9S/Luma and update to the latest official firmware afterwards (if not already done).

Quantumcat likes this.
  15. WhiteBerry

WhiteBerry Member

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2016
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Still on Sys 11.2.0-35U
    Is it safe to update?

16. warfab75ph

warfab75ph Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 24, 2019
    Philippines
    Hi, is it safe to go the CFW route of all I really want is to record my gameplay via video streaming homebrew but still have the ability to trade and play Pokemon games online? Plan on just using official game carts and not use any roms

17. Tosnic

Tosnic Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2012
    Germany
    i searched this thread, but did not find an answer to my question:

Is it normal that the 3DS takes much longer to boot? Especially compared to its predecessors. It takes the 3DS ca. 15-20 seconds to boot into the system menu. My modded DSi takes about 5 seconds to boot twilight menu from a fast SD card.
    I modded my 3DS with Luma and even installed Fastboot. The latter did about nothing to speed up boot time.

18. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    To boot into what. The normal home menu or into the ds twilight menu?

19. Rogue_Ninja

Rogue_Ninja GBAtemp Fan

Mar 30, 2009
    United States
    NY
    What is the easiest way to play nds roms on 3ds with out flashcart? Any way to get them as .cia rather than rom?

Last edited by Rogue_Ninja, Aug 24, 2019
  20. Tosnic

Tosnic Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2012
    Germany
    ATM my 3DS can only boot into normal system menu and Godmode. I do have a BOOT.firm in the SD and nand root, but that simply leads into booting the system menu. It probably is the system menu .firm file. My Twilight Menu did not come with a .firm file.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted