• Replies 53,765
  • Likes 43

PsychoBabble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
I'm hacking for a friend, I followed the Japanese flipnote, powered off, restarted holding SELECT button but I can't get Luma3DS to come on.

Latest Nintendo update, all updated files found. Homebrew launches via Steel Diver.

Is it safe to skip Luma3DS and start installing games or do I need it? If I need it, how do I get Luma3DS to start?

Thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A noob question: Is an updated (latest firmware) 2DS still able to do homebrew?
Yes, I'm hacking an 11.10.0-43 E (latest update, even if I've written wrong here (dyslexia).

Follow 3dshacks.com's GUIDE and make sure you get all the latest files. Make sure you back up your SD card before attempting.
On the part that reads: OPEN HOMEBREW USING ANY METHOD, that means: open Steel Diver game to launch Homebrew.

You can find latest otherapp payload by searching these forums, somebody links a DISCORD channel and you get it there. Sorry, I found it last night and I don't have the link (running out now).

PsychoBabble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Any news yet on how to get Luma3DS running after the frognote/flipnote all in Japanese step?
Select held on starting up 3DS isn't working (using latest update, all updated hack files).

never mind, luma3ds came on automatically after i did the japanese thing again.

Last edited by PsychoBabble,

DarkNeyht

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
first of all: my question is about oot3d
I dont know if this is the right place to ask this question, because its game related and just have some connections to homebrew.
whenever i want to equip and use the biggoron sword, only the broken sword is used. no damage is done to enemies. I already tried to solve the problem with cheats, but without success. does anyone have an idea how to fix this without deleting my save game?

PsychoBabble

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Backup your save file in the flag icon save manager (I forget its name).

There are cheats for Zelda but I've never played it so I can't help you, but at least your save game is safe this way before you experiment.

Seffnot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all, extreme noob question here, but I'm hesitant to update my new 3ds ofw. I hacked it a while ago. Installed lumia, FBI and a bunch if CIAs... I just updated lumia (hope I did it right: by replacing two files on the SD card root..neither of those files were "arm9" related as I read somewhere was the thing to do.....) So am I able to update to the latest ofw without losing hacks, or any adverse effects? Also if updated to the latest, am I able to update CIAs over the net? Thanks!

Jiyorude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys. I have a issue with my new nintendo 2ds xl that is driving me crazy for months now. I have tried the nintendo discord hacking extensively, but people are often going online and offline and always give different solutions that may interfere with each other. The problem is that my 2DS xl will not boot. The blue light flashes on and off and the quickly turns off. According to a few people it was because I do not have the right boot.firm in my sd card root. The problem is, I have no idea how to fix it because I cannot retrieve which one it is. I have tried all the different luma boot.firms, it will not solve the problem.

Sometimes luma boots, and then gives a CTRNAND error that it cannot boot the CTRNAND. Rarely the system sometimes boots, but stays black. Here's what I have tried. I just want to be able to boot into godmode and restore a nand backup, but at this moment it looks so far away. Sorry if this has been solved before, this is bugging me for months and I am extremely tired in general. also about the situation. I am not sure anymore on which firmware I am on, I believe 11.8 or 11.9 because I have not seen a succesfull boot for so long. I believe I am on boot9strap 1.2 Either that or 1.3. I hacked my system after 1.2 was released.

• Formatted the SD card again to FAT32 32K allocation with guiformat
  • Checked the sd card with errors with the software that was recommended, it said no problems
  • Tried to boot without SD card in godmode so it will state which luma I have in my CTRNAND so i can download the corresponding boot.firm and have it running again
  • Tried to boot EMUNAND, probably do not have one since it didnt work.
  • Recovery mode always works, but as soon as I take my hands off the buttons, the system freezes. Once i hit update, the system also freezes.
  • I used plailects guide on 'what to do if you lose your sd card' and only placed the needed items on there and tried again. Did not work.
  • Tried with two different sd cards that did not have any issues after checking it with the software. Did not work.
  • Tried to boot without SD card, it said unable to decrypt CTRNAND firm.
  • I downloaded a CFW pack with a lot of files from someone that was made in February of this year. It did boot up once, and it says Payload is invalid.
  • Tried to turn on show nand and user string in system settings, nothing changed.
  • Placed 4 different godmode firms in luma payloads. Nothing changed
  • Changed godmode.firm to boot.firm. Changed boot9strapsafe updater to boot.firm,
  • Tried replacing all the contents on the sd card with contents that I exclusively unzipped with a different zipper than winrar and 7zip
  • Downgraded luma to 8,1 and had succes twice booting in to luma settings while holding select.
  • Whatever I try, which godmode version I use, godmode does not boot and therefore not enabling me to do a ctr transfer or a nand restore.
Is someone able to help me with this? At this moment I have deleted the contents of my sd card again and only have the contents from plailects guide 'what to do if you lose your sd card' on the card.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys. I have a issue with my new nintendo 2ds xl that is driving me crazy for months now. I have tried the nintendo discord hacking extensively, but people are often going online and offline and always give different solutions that may interfere with each other. The problem is that my 2DS xl will not boot. The blue light flashes on and off and the quickly turns off. According to a few people it was because I do not have the right boot.firm in my sd card root. The problem is, I have no idea how to fix it because I cannot retrieve which one it is. I have tried all the different luma boot.firms, it will not solve the problem.

Sometimes luma boots, and then gives a CTRNAND error that it cannot boot the CTRNAND. Rarely the system sometimes boots, but stays black. Here's what I have tried. I just want to be able to boot into godmode and restore a nand backup, but at this moment it looks so far away. Sorry if this has been solved before, this is bugging me for months and I am extremely tired in general. also about the situation. I am not sure anymore on which firmware I am on, I believe 11.8 or 11.9 because I have not seen a succesfull boot for so long. I believe I am on boot9strap 1.2 Either that or 1.3. I hacked my system after 1.2 was released.

• Formatted the SD card again to FAT32 32K allocation with guiformat
  • Checked the sd card with errors with the software that was recommended, it said no problems
  • Tried to boot without SD card in godmode so it will state which luma I have in my CTRNAND so i can download the corresponding boot.firm and have it running again
  • Tried to boot EMUNAND, probably do not have one since it didnt work.
  • Recovery mode always works, but as soon as I take my hands off the buttons, the system freezes. Once i hit update, the system also freezes.
  • I used plailects guide on 'what to do if you lose your sd card' and only placed the needed items on there and tried again. Did not work.
  • Tried with two different sd cards that did not have any issues after checking it with the software. Did not work.
  • Tried to boot without SD card, it said unable to decrypt CTRNAND firm.
  • I downloaded a CFW pack with a lot of files from someone that was made in February of this year. It did boot up once, and it says Payload is invalid.
  • Tried to turn on show nand and user string in system settings, nothing changed.
  • Placed 4 different godmode firms in luma payloads. Nothing changed
  • Changed godmode.firm to boot.firm. Changed boot9strapsafe updater to boot.firm,
  • Tried replacing all the contents on the sd card with contents that I exclusively unzipped with a different zipper than winrar and 7zip
  • Downgraded luma to 8,1 and had succes twice booting in to luma settings while holding select.
  • Whatever I try, which godmode version I use, godmode does not boot and therefore not enabling me to do a ctr transfer or a nand restore.
Is someone able to help me with this? At this moment I have deleted the contents of my sd card again and only have the contents from plailects guide 'what to do if you lose your sd card' on the card.
You should not have to do a NAND restore. If your SD card is definitely good (did you test it by following https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)?) just download Luma 7.0.5, 7.1 and 10.0. Try them one after the other. One will work.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi all, extreme noob question here, but I'm hesitant to update my new 3ds ofw. I hacked it a while ago. Installed lumia, FBI and a bunch if CIAs... I just updated lumia (hope I did it right: by replacing two files on the SD card root..neither of those files were "arm9" related as I read somewhere was the thing to do.....) So am I able to update to the latest ofw without losing hacks, or any adverse effects? Also if updated to the latest, am I able to update CIAs over the net? Thanks!
If you're on Luma 10.0 (you can check by holding Select on boot) then yes you can update.

Reactions: Seffnot

Jiyorude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks a lot for the heads-up, tried those luma versions and also 10.0 with latest godmode as well. i managed to update my 3ds through recovery mode while holding all the buttons for 10 mins and using my nose to confirm on the touchscreen lol, but even with latest firmware, latest godmode and luma still no luck. if i get any visual i says unable to mount ctrnand or load ctrnand firm. I had some luck 2 mins ago,but home screen froze as soon as i took my finger off the buttons while booting.

Last edited by Jiyorude,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks a lot for the heads-up, tried those luma versions and also 10.0 with latest godmode as well. i managed to update my 3ds through recovery mode while holding all the buttons for 10 mins and using my nose to confirm on the touchscreen lol, but even with latest firmware, latest godmode and luma still no luck. if i get any visual i says unable to mount ctrnand or load ctrnand firm. I had some luck 2 mins ago,but home screen froze as soon as i took my finger off the buttons while booting.
Ah I guess it's more serious than I thought. So you can't load GodMode9 by renaming the firm file to boot.firm and putting it on the root of your SD card?

Jiyorude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I could not normally. Now i have had 2 lucky shots, the system recognizes the most recent godmode version. It does not recognize scripts (although the scripts are in the folder) and the text glitches by changing letters into other random letters. mount and remount sd works, but does not fix the issue of the text glitch. I just did another deep format as well on the right settings and a hw2 test (passed). blue light also now takes 4 seconds to turn off instead of directly

Brominated

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any news yet on how to get Luma3DS running after the frognote/flipnote all in Japanese step?
Select held on starting up 3DS isn't working (using latest update, all updated hack files).

never mind, luma3ds came on automatically after i did the japanese thing again.
What did you do to complete the Flipnote step? I am stuck there, Start+Select do nothing! Should I just wait longer?

EDIT: Please disregard. I'm an idiot and discovered the Select button is not working. I have to replace the board. :( Damage was caused by a battery leak...

Last edited by Brominated,
Reactions: zxr750j

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What did you do to complete the Flipnote step? I am stuck there, Start+Select do nothing! Should I just wait longer?

EDIT: Please disregard. I'm an idiot and discovered the Select button is not working. I have to replace the board. :( Damage was caused by a battery leak...
Repairing that is a very good idea. But we had a similar case not too long ago and master zoogie compiled a version of b9stool as a workaround to get started now:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/i-cant-install-boot9-because-of-start-button-not-working.541807/

To change the Rosalina combination into something else – as it needs (SELECT) to be functional – choose one of the config.bin files here:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...heir-l-or-r-button.473769/page-2#post-8398221

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

shideravan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I came back to 3DS afterva year occupied with other things and now I'm trying to transfer my saves from gateway to another 3ds with luma, but the gateway site is off and I need another way to access the emunand. What are my options? (firm 9.2.0-20U)

Brominated

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Repairing that is a very good idea. But we had a similar case not too long ago and master zoogie compiled a version of b9stool as a workaround to get started now
Wow, I thought of trying to figure out how to do this, but I knew someone out there had to have had the same same problem! Amazing, thank you for your support. This is a great community. ^^

Replacement part is on the way, but I'll try this in the mean time so I can get everything loaded.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night