• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

CheeseMan13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bit of a noob so sorry if this sounds stupid but do I keep my cias encrypted as a .cia or decrypt them into a .ccl before having FBI install them? Most tutorials I see have people using .cia but I just wanna make sure before I do anything drastic to my only 3ds

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
A bit of a noob so sorry if this sounds stupid but do I keep my cias encrypted as a .cia or decrypt them into a .ccl before having FBI install them? Most tutorials I see have people using .cia but I just wanna make sure before I do anything drastic to my only 3ds
Nope. You only need .cia files.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Leave them as cia - cia stands for CTR installable archive.

CanIHazWarez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been in the 3ds scene since summer 2017. Apparently Freeshop doesn't work anymore. What's the best way to install backups nowadays? Are we back to installing cias with fbi like cavemen or has there been some advancement?

kbf

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is the 2DSXL hackable? how easy is it? I used the frogminer method on my original 3DSXL and i'm thinking of getting a 2DSXL.

unknownnumber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been away from my 3DS for around 1 year. I installed Luma back then.
Today FBI failed to install a pretty new .cia so I thought I might as well update Luma to fix that.
When updating Luma it said that I still use Luma v6.1. After pressing A+X to confirm the update (to v.9.1 I think) and restarting my 3DS it still said 6.1 in the Luma Updater.

Is this because something is outdated?
Luma Updater said that if still use A9LH I should update it to B9S. It linked to this site on my 3DS: https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

How can I see if I'm using A9LH?
It's been so long, sorry.

Last edited by unknownnumber,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I've been away from my 3DS for around 1 year. I installed Luma back then.
Today FBI failed to install a pretty new .cia so I thought I might as well update Luma to fix that.
When updating Luma it said that I still use Luma v6.1. After pressing A+X to confirm the update (to v.9.1 I think) and restarting my 3DS it still said 6.1 in the Luma Updater.

Is this because something is outdated?
Luma Updater said that if still use A9LH I should update it to B9S. It linked to this site on my 3DS: https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

How can I see if I'm using A9LH?
It's been so long, sorry.
You definitely have A9LH. Follow https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s

spitfire77

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I owned an old 3DS with CFW 9.x.x. i never updated it ever since. Then, 2 years ago my brother accidentally updated the firmware to version 11.3. Consequently, the firmware went back to OFW and the files in the SD Card can not be read l by the machine.

In this case, what should I do? Is it safe to change it back to CFW with tutorials from 3ds.hacks.guide?

Thank you for your kind explanations.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I owned an old 3DS with CFW 9.x.x. i never updated it ever since. Then, 2 years ago my brother accidentally updated the firmware to version 11.3. Consequently, the firmware went back to OFW and the files in the SD Card can not be read l by the machine.

In this case, what should I do? Is it safe to change it back to CFW with tutorials from 3ds.hacks.guide?

Thank you for your kind explanations.
First change the home menu theme to remove menuhax then follow https://3ds.guide. When you get to the optional Move EmuNAND section, make sure to follow it.

Reactions: spitfire77

Ben345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi everybody,
I haven't used my N3DS XL in a while and would like to update a few things. I'm on firmware 11.4.0-37E with Luma installed. Is that firmware still fine and works with all games or should I update? If so, which firmware would be the best to update to? I would really appreciate your help.

EDIT: Question answered, I updated Luma to 9.1 and updated my 3DS after that.

Last edited by Ben345,
Reactions: BaamAlex

undefined999

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
I got a New 3DS XL with preinstalled Luma. But it's a bit complicated for me and I would like to buy a flashcard.
In the past I used a SuperCard DSONEi for my DSi and I was very satisfied with it. So I thought about getting the latest card from them, the DSTWO Plus but its almost everywhere sold old.
So I searched for other cards and read that the Sky3DS+ and the R4i gold 3DS Plus are good.
All I would like to do is playing my (3D) games. So I'm unsure which card to buy now and I would really appreciate any recommendation or hint

Thanks and kind regards,
undefined

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,
I got a New 3DS XL with preinstalled Luma. But it's a bit complicated for me and I would like to buy a flashcard.
In the past I used a SuperCard DSONEi for my DSi and I was very satisfied with it. So I thought about getting the latest card from them, the DSTWO Plus but its almost everywhere sold old.
So I searched for other cards and read that the Sky3DS+ and the R4i gold 3DS Plus are good.
All I would like to do is playing my (3D) games. So I'm unsure which card to buy now and I would really appreciate any recommendation or hint

Thanks and kind regards,
undefined
You have already luma installed. This makes a flashcard obsolete. You need .cia files instead of .3ds files to play them.

Reactions: Quantumcat

unknownnumber

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One more question: A few years passes since I first installed CFW and the root of my SD card is pretty crowded. Can I delete some stuff now?
(I successfully upgraded to B9S now with this guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide/a9lh-to-b9s )

3ds-root.png

3ds-roo2t.png

undefined999

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You have already luma installed. This makes a flashcard obsolete. You need .cia files instead of .3ds files to play them.

Thanks for your answer.
So you do think it's better not to reset the 3DS to get rid of luma and get a flashcard?
Is it possible to convert .3ds files to .cia?

I think I have to read more about how to use Luma and how to copy/install new games to it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo