3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. charbo12

charbo12 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2017
    Finland
    is it possible to export a gameboy vc savegame from pokemon red to another device (revo k101 or ps vita)?

2. Jocosity

Jocosity Newbie

Newcomer
    May 23, 2019
    United States
    I recently switched from a gateway emunand to Luma CFW, but the guide I used didn't go into importing the emunand's contents so I didn't realize I could do that until afterwards. Now that I've installed luma and updated my 3DS and everything to the latest version, is it too late to restore the emunand's contents now, and if so, is there a way to move save files that came from emunand-installed cia files to my system nand?

3. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    As long as you didn't remove the emuNAND from your SD card you can just follow https://3ds.guide/move-emunand. This should have been presented as an option while you were following the guide? You won't have to move save files since that guide replaces your sysNAND with your emuNAND, so you'll have all the data there ready to use.

Last edited by Quantumcat, May 23, 2019
  4. Xmortal

Xmortal Other Nickname Legarad

May 28, 2008
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    A question to refresh my memory, the battery of a Nintendo 3DS of 2011 expired and I can not find a reply here in Venezuela. Is it possible to use a backup of the Nand in another that is of the same model that is already modified?

5. ammy55

ammy55 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2019
    United States
    I'm currently having some trouble launching homebrew via soundhax, i'm on 11.1.0-34u and i followed the hacks.guide to the letter but whenever i try to play the nedwil track it just freezes and restarts with the message "An error has occurred, forcing the software to close. The system will now restart". My card is formatted fat32, i got the otherapp payload not the ropbin payload, and I retried this for about 20 minutes last night. Here's a screenshot of the card. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

Last edited by ammy55, May 25, 2019
  6. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Do you definitely have the right firmware version soundhax file? You have a new 3DS right?

7. ammy55

ammy55 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2019
    United States
    Definitely the right version and it's a new 3ds xl

Attached Files:

8. alechair

alechair Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2019
    Japan
    Will seedminer work properly on a Japanese 3ds LL currently on 11.9.0-42J ?
    On the tutorial I only see 11.9.0 and not 11.9.0.xx

9. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    Yes, it will work. As 0.42x is the only v11.9 that has been released. At least thus far.

10. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Don't bother messing with NAND reflashing.
    It's a generic battery, but it should ship to Venezuela. You probably won't find a real Nintendo battery unless you know someone who'll ship from Brazil??

[aliexpress] Alta calidad 1300 mAh 3,7 V Paquete de batería recargable de repuesto para Nintendo 3DS
    (High Quality 1300mAh 3.7V Rechargeable Battery Pack Replacement for Nintendo 3DS)

11. alechair

alechair Newbie

Newcomer
    May 21, 2019
    Japan
    Cool! Thanks for the answer

I'm a little confused about "Your SD card should be MBR)

I only have a Lexar SDHC 4gb that came with the used 3ds. I managed to make an account and download the Wario demo from the Nintendo Shop (sounds like super easy and simple tasks, but has been quite a challenge if you can't read japanese)

I saw I'll have to remove it, insert on my pc and check for errors
    Is that it?

12. paradoxikay

paradoxikay Newbie

Newcomer
    May 25, 2019
    United States
    this is a VERY noob question, but - FBI doesn't consistently open for me unless I've just restarted the console. If I've done anything else before opening it, it often freezes with the FBI logo on the top screen but no options on the bottom, and I have to power off the console. Is it normal for it to be finicky?

13. morrisseyshair

morrisseyshair GBAtemp Regular

Nov 30, 2004
    United States
    Orange County, California
    I'm going to add custom firmware on my 3DS today to play backups. The official firmware it's on is 11.5.43. When I try to enter the eShop it tells me to upgrade to the latest firmware. Should I upgrade or just hack it from the current firmware?

14. LuigiXL

LuigiXL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 19, 2016
    Is Freeshop dead? Is there an alternative I might be able to try?

15. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    good god. do you people not read anything on here? Its been dead for a good long time now. There is never going to be a replacement for it with what ninty did. If anyone says otherwise do not believe them.

LuigiXL likes this.
  16. ygtenos

ygtenos Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2007
    United States
    Hi!

So. Long story short, my old 3ds has been erroneously updated to 11.9 from 9.0. I had emunand, I think I was using menuhax (it's been quite a while ago and I can't remember very well). So now, if I try to turn my 3ds on, it goes straight to sysnand and I can't find a way to get back to emunand (obviously!).
    Is there any way for me to recover my sysnand while re-hacking my 3ds?
    Thanks in advance! :)

17. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Change your home menu theme then follow https://3ds.guide and follow the optional "move emuNAND" section when you come to it.

ygtenos likes this.
  18. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    There is no method for hacking on 11.5 that won't also work on 11.9 so you may as well update. Make sure to follow https://3ds.guide and not any video guide or any other guide.

19. GibboHull

GibboHull Member

Newcomer
    Apr 4, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Helo everyone!

I have recently found my old Nintendo 3DS locked away in my mums loft. It is currently on firmware version 4.5.0 and has a Gateway cart with it. I haven't messed about with 3DS CFW for years and I know Luma 3DS is a thing.

Is it better to just update my Gateway FW or shall I just install Luma 3DS? Which one has the better features at this point?

Cheers!

20. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Definitely use CFW - getting Gateway working on a high enough firmware to be able to play any games will be fiddly, time-consuming and annoying to say the least.

First question is, do you want to keep the save games on any of the Gateway games? If not, the process is easy. Simply follow this: https://3ds.hacks.guide/installing-boot9strap-(mset) (it uses the same exploit that you use to launch Gateway mode, so it's something you might already be used to and can access). If you want to save things like Mii Plaza progress, friends etc, also follow the optional "Move emuNAND" section when it is offered to you. Otherwise if you are happy to start with a blank slate you can ignore it. If you have any issues, or you want to keep the save games from your Gateway card, let us know.