Hacking 3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

• Thread starter Cyan
  • Start date
  • Views 4,437,901
  • Replies 53,768
  • Likes 43

Aquadraws

Trophies
Da qualche parte nella Dimensione Magica...
XP
Country
Italy
Did you check if GodMode9.firm is on SD:/luma/payloads ? START must be held and then power on the system. And by the way that step is not really needed.(For my opinion)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you want to "skip" that step. Open FBI
Go to SDCARD,go to boot.firm press A and copy.
Then go back and go to CTR NAND and press A to ignore the warning
Press <current director> and paste. Done. Then just continue the guide
(You can delete the boot.firm from your sdcard if you want to)

Last edited by Aquadraws,

Razc19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
thanks a lot!! honestly not even sure what each step does,I checked to make sure and the file is there.
i've decided to follow your instructions to skip, just to be certain can you specify from which step to continue now that I did everything :)

Last edited by Razc19,

Razc19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
The step you made the screenshot of, does basically copy the boot.firm file from the sdcard to the internal memory of your console so it can boot without sdcard inserted
hmm I still can't access the godmode9 menu to complete "Section VII - Cleanup SD Card" and "Section VIII - Backup Essential Files"
im not sure if they are necessary but still no access to godmode9 just get the normal 3ds menu

Aquadraws

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
For the cleanup sdcard if any of the following files and/or folders exist delete them
sdmc:/arm9.bin
sdmc:/arm11.bin
sdmc:/ntr.bin
sdmc:/soundhax-usa-o3ds.m4a
sdmc:/soundhax-usa-n3ds.m4a
sdmc:/soundhax-eur-o3ds.m4a
sdmc:/soundhax-eur-n3ds.m4a
sdmc:/soundhax-jpn-o3ds.m4a
sdmc:/soundhax-jpn-n3ds.m4a
sdmc:/soundhax-kor-o3ds.m4a
sdmc:/soundhax-kor-n3ds.m4a
sdmc:/otherapp.bin
sdmc:/3ds/safehax.3dsx
sdmc:/3ds/udsploit.3dsx
sdmc:/safehaxpayload.bin
sdmc:/Launcher.dat
sdmc:/SafeB9SInstaller.dat
sdmc:/public.sav
sdmc:/boot.nds
sdmc:/savedata
sdmc:/sudoku_vsdmc.app
sdmc:/4swords.app
sdmc:/luma/payloads/ntrboot_flasher.firm
sdmc:/ntrboot
sdmc:/ntrboot.firm
sdmc:/boot9strap
sdmc:/cias
sdmc:/gm9/scripts/setup_ctrnand_luma3ds.gm9
sdmc:/gm9/scripts/cleanup_sd_card.gm9
sdmc:/arm9loaderhax.bin
sdmc:/files9/aeskeydb.bin

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As for the essentials files part... You did not told yet if the godmode9.firm is in the correct directory and if you are holding start before powering on the console. Else use godmode9 as boot.firm and then put back luma after you are done.

Razc19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
i managed to launch godmode9 and finished the guide, however a new problem rises XD
after I finished everything and copying the backup to my pc i tried pluggin the sd back and the 3ds could not read it, tried pluggin it to both my pc's and both said it needed to be formatted in order to be read,
so basically now i can still launch godmode9 but i dont have homebrew and fbi and all the other files, I was wondering what to do if something like that happends?
thanks again for all your support I really appreciate it!

Last edited by Razc19,

Razc19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I have no idea, formatted the sd card since i figured its useless in its current form, open my 3ds without an sd card plugged in tried to press start and power and godmode9 launched, i can post a video if necessary :)

Last edited by Razc19,

Aquadraws

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So you are saying that gm9 boots if the sdcard is NOT inserted and you hold start at power on?.

THAT if you boot luma from ctrnand the payloads must go on ctrnand too(nand:/rw/luma/payloads/).

That was the problem of godmode9 not launching. To make it work also when sd card is inserted just delete the boot.firm from the root of the sd

Razc19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
So you are saying that gm9 boots if the sdcard is NOT inserted and you hold start at power on?.

THAT if you boot luma from ctrnand the payloads must go on ctrnand too(nand:/rw/luma/payloads/).

That was the problem of godmode9 not launching. To make it work also when sd card is inserted just delete the boot.firm from the root of the sd
mm, there is nothing on the sd now since I formatted it, i guess my question is how exactly do I install the homebrew and the fbi again without taking any unnecessary actions, or do I just follow the guide from step 1?

Razc19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
What the F no. Use the 3dsx version that you can launch from the homebrew launcher.(I suppose you know how to set download play as homebrew launcher right?)
I do, however i did before on version 10.5.0-30 through the sound app thing, however now after following the guide my 3ds is version 11.5.0-38, so i assume homebrew will have to be installed in a different way?

Razc19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Why don't you just update to the latest system version, and um you started with 10.5 and ended with 11.5 how is that even possible anyways. System Update CAN'T override boot9strap so as long you can use the Rosalina menu you can use that to set download play as homebrew launcher
im really sorry for my complete and utter noobness :( so basically I just put all the homebrew fbi ect files on the sd card and use the rosalina menu to change download play to a homebrew launceher and then through fbi i intstall the homebrew launcher cia?

Last edited by Razc19,

Razc19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
There is a "Save Settings" option in the same menu you set the hb to download play with
cool, ill try everything once i get home and update if everything works, thanks so much for the help!!

EDIT: so did as said just put all the files back in the sd now whenever i attempt to launch homebrew through download play i get error that says:
"an exception occurred ARM11 core 1"
and a bunch of numbers

Last edited by Razc19,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
cool, ill try everything once i get home and update if everything works, thanks so much for the help!!

EDIT: so did as said just put all the files back in the sd now whenever i attempt to launch homebrew through download play i get error that says:
"an exception occurred ARM11 core 1"
and a bunch of numbers
Try following https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: HBD 2U