• Views 4,476,243
  • Replies 53,777
  • Likes 43

immolation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a 3ds running Luma 9.1 on 11.6 firmware, I've been wanting to play pokemon ultra moon online since I have an actual cart for it and I was wondering if it is safe to update to 11.9 so I can download the update files to be able to use it online. I also have Animal Crossing on there but in .cia form and was also wondering if that would still work/ perhaps be able to go online with it also.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a 'best known method' for installing a set of official 3DS themes to a system such that they can be managed through the system 'Change Theme' menu?
There used to be freeShop where you could download official themes installed as a *.cia. It was the only way to have the 3DS built-in theme manager recognize those themes. Those days are over after the Nintendo CDN server side block.

If I install custom themes using Anemone 3DS, can they be managed through the system 'Change Theme' menu?
No. Anemone has to be the one to manage your themes whether they're custom fan mades or pirated versions of the official themes.

If I install custom themes using Anemone 3DS, do I need to keep Anemone 3DS installed on my system, or could I, for example, inject Anemone into H&S, do what I need to do, then restore H&S?
You can inject Anemone3DS in Health & Safety using GodMode9, install the *.cia version as a stand alone HOME Menu title using FBI, or launch the *.3dsx version through Rosalina injected Homebrew Launcher.

toastking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello all,
I have just bought a New 3DS XL and intend to install CFW :)
However I'm a bit confused so I'm quite thankful this thread exists. My device is running 11.8.0-41-E. According to the guide, I am supposed to use an "ALL VERSIONS" method for installing CFW. However I don't have a flashcard nor am I capable of soldering the hardmod. It seems to me that it would be much easier to just upgrade to 11.9 and use the Seedminer method which seems to be an exploit completely done in software. Is that correct, and upgrading to 11.9 is the way to go, or is this a bad idea?

Thanks!

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems to me that it would be much easier to just upgrade to 11.9 and use the Seedminer method which seems to be an exploit completely done in software. Is that correct, and upgrading to 11.9 is the way to go
Yes, that is exactly what you are supposed to do.

neoncelery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, so I have a new 2ds XL it's running the latest Luma CFW and its on the latest update, ok so some games I try to open and as soon as the Nintendo 3ds thing goes away, the screen just stays black. If I don't push any button it'll stay like that until it dies but if I do push a button it just reboots :/ what is this guys any tips? And yes the games are pirated CIA type games that I installed with FBI and got from 3dscias and zipperto

neoncelery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, so I have a new 2ds XL it's running the latest Luma CFW and its on the latest update, ok so some games I try to open and as soon as the Nintendo 3ds thing goes away, the screen just stays black. If I don't push any button it'll stay like that until it dies but if I do push a button it just reboots :/ what is this guys any tips? And yes the games are pirated CIA type games that I installed with FBI

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@neoncelery remove the name of those two sites you are not allowed to mention them on the forum, the problem might be your SD card, run a test with H2testw after backing up your files.
How do I access H2testw? And how do I backup the files? And yes I did :×

neoncelery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy the files from the SD card to your computer and then run a test with h2testw in the link.

If there's a problem with the sd card what do i do? i dont want to format it ;[ anything but that. So im just going to avoid games [cia files] that bring up that error. thanks! good night ;]

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If there's a problem with the sd card what do i do? i dont want to format it ;[ anything but that.
All you have to do is get a new card and make sure it is properly formatted as FAT32. Then just copy everything off your old card onto your new card. To make sure nothing goes wrong, you might want to use a program like Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier rather than Windows Explorer.

If your card is failing then you definitely don't want to keep using it. At the very least, you should backup your save data using JKSM or Checkpoint.

(I wonder if there's something about Windows Explorer that makes it more likely to corrupt FAT32-formatted SD cards? It seems to happen frequently that people have no problems until they start plugging their cards into their PCs.)

Reactions: neoncelery

Keyx7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it safe to update to 11.9.0 from 11.8.0 with homebrew? I want to get CFW but I can't access the shop without updating...

WiseFool

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Got everything setup and running. Took about 2 hours to finish the process as my SD card got corrupted during the process and had to restart.

Also, GodMode9's latest version is buggy you can't boot into it. Please take the previous version and it works without a hitch.

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

1alien1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
been out for 1.5 years with the 3ds scene. now i read stuff about seed installing for cia and you cannot install cia normally anymore or something? whats the deal with that?

1alien1

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Freeshop is dead, you have to install manually instead of installing through an app.
yeah i know about freeshop and i am used to fbi and manual installations. but what is this "use the "Import Seed" option in the most updated FBI Titles" i am reading about?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Sigh