• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger
Can i play online with Luma custom firmware? Do I have to inject a header or something like with sky3ds?

you can play online no problem with Luma CFW 9.1
No need for private headers, as installed titles are different from cartridges.
with installed titles, your games go online with your console's id., not with the header.

if you have a sky3ds/gateway you will need a private header.

Last edited by LowEndC,
Reactions: azakhan

AndyTheFiredog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. We have an original 3DS XL that has been though everything. Had gateway cards at one point, then the original Luma (arm9hax or something), then a few days ago we pulled it out for my son and I updated it with help from this very forum (THANK YOU!). There’s a reason I explained all this, so you have all the facts.

The issue we’ve been having for as long as I can recall since originally hacking is that when the battery dies (I think when it’s sleep mode), the only way to get it to boot is to pull the battery, plug it in, power it on, then put the battery back in. After that it will power on and off and sleep on and off fine.

I just changed out the battery with a brand new one, it was a little swollen, and it’s the same situation.

Black screen of death sounds like something I remember hearing. Any ideas? Errant files on the SD or something?

bluu7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey.

What's the best way to generate a boot9.bin? I need it for the CIA Converter.

I'm using ctrbootmanager + ReiNand at the moment and haven't followed the scene in a few months. Do I need GodMode9? If yes, can I use it with ReiNand? Google wasn't very helpful..

Best regards

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
How do i make a working cia for use with gateway?
im on luma3ds v9.1
after dumping it with godmode9,
i just navigate to gm9/out then select re-encrypt?
Once you have a cia file you should be able to just install it with FBI. Shouldn't make a difference that you're using Gateway.

dakotam00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a black n3DS and it's on 11.9
I already have an white n3DS on 11.8 with CFW.
Can I update the white one and transfer over the contents to the black one without hassle? Or do I need to start from scratch by reinstalling CFW and then transfer over files from the white one?

LowEndC

ǝɹıℲ ɥʇıM ǝɹıℲ ʇɥƃıℲ
Trophies
XP
Country
Niger

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I already bought the r4i-b9s now, does your hack guide allow to play 3ds backups?
You should refer to the guide in any case. The R4i-B9S will allow hacking the N2DSXL with ease.

For the case anybody else reads this before buying a flashcart… this one is much better and costs only a few bucks more:
https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575
(Plays almost all DS games, no "timebomb" in the official kernel, internal switch for ntrboot/DS-mode).

Okay. Let's move on: Once you get the R4i-B9S, you can follow this path of the guide: https://3ds.hacks.guide/ntrboot

What @LowEndC meant (at least I think): It is possible to hack a 2/3DS with software only exploits (as long as the DS-mode is working). This is the part with "Fredtool": https://3ds.hacks.guide/seedminer

Whatever way you use, the goal is always the same: Installing B9S and Luma cfw (and some essential homebrew software). Following the guide – with or without a flashcart – will allow you to install 3DS games (CIA files) on the internal micro-SD of the console.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I dont know what my kids did to our 3ds xl but most installed games dissapeared from systemmenu and show as grayed out with a X in data management. I know this meanse the tickets on these titles somehow got corrupted. I am not sure how, does maybe opening up the eshop do that now? Is there anyway still to fix the tickets or has that loop hole been fixed by nintendo. Is the only way to fix to track down if I still have the cia files for messed up games?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I dont know what my kids did to our 3ds xl but most installed games dissapeared from systemmenu and show as grayed out with a X in data management. I know this meanse the tickets on these titles somehow got corrupted. I am not sure how, does maybe opening up the eshop do that now? Is there anyway still to fix the tickets or has that loop hole been fixed by nintendo. Is the only way to fix to track down if I still have the cia files for messed up games?
Maybe this can help: (Haven't needed it myself yet)
https://github.com/ihaveamac/faketik/releases
If you have a (very recent!!) NAND-backup containing all the tickets this could also help - although restoring a NAND-backup might be a bit overkill and may also lead to some kind of data loss. Before restoring some old image, create a new image of the current status.

Edit: Eshop does not delete tickets. I use the shop often and have installed my cartridges - never lost a ticket from the "illegitimate" content.
Edit2: Don't reinstall CIAs without backing up the saves. Reinstalling a game will delete the progress!

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah really strange issue. I tried usingg JKSM to backup saves but it seems it doesnt see the games with bad tickets. Do I need to do this with native data management.That fake ticket link sounds like what I need but I think that link is only source code I would have to compile? Not sure how

found a 3dsx file of faketik after some googling, going to try it. couldn't backup saves even in datamanagement tool

edit: looks like faketik fixed everything after launching it from homebrew

Last edited by blaisedinsd,

oricon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe this can help: (Haven't needed it myself yet)
https://github.com/ihaveamac/faketik
If you have a (very recent!!) NAND-backup containing all the tickets this could also help - although restoring a NAND-backup might be a bit overkill and may also lead to some kind of data loss. Before restoring some old image, create a new image of the current status.

Edit: Eshop does not delete tickets. I use the shop often and have installed my cartridges - never lost a ticket from the "illegitimate" content.
Edit2: Don't reinstall CIAs without backing up the saves. Reinstalling a game will delete the progress!

Is the only way to do the hack without r4i-b9s is that i need to be able to connect to wifi on DS mode? because if so I can't due to not being able to change security mode to WEP so that i can connect. Or is it better to just wait for my r4ib9s. Ordered it from nds-cards on the 15th

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah really strange issue. I tried usingg JKSM to backup saves but it seems it doesnt see the games with bad tickets. Do I need to do this with native data management.That fake ticket link sounds like what I need but I think that link is only source code I would have to compile? Not sure how

found a 3dsx file of faketik after some googling, going to try it. couldn't backup saves even in datamanagement tool

edit: looks like faketik fixed everything after launching it from homebrew
There is a faketik.3dsx on the Github page.

The rest took a while (testing on my O2DS):
Seems you can just backup and restore each encrypted save:
SD:/Nintendo 3DS/<ID0>/<ID1>/title/00040000/xxxxxxxx/data/00000001.sav
This is what I did:
  • backup 00000001.sav of a small Eshop game
  • delete ticket
  • reinstall CIA
  • restore 00000001.sav to it's location→ progress restored.
You may run into trouble with anti-cheat/anti-save-restore (e.g. Pokemon) games.

Edit: The testing took me so long and I did not even see you succeeded.

Is the only way to do the hack without r4i-b9s is that i need to be able to connect to wifi on DS mode? because if so I can't due to not being able to change security mode to WEP so that i can connect. Or is it better to just wait for my r4ib9s. Ordered it from nds-cards on the 15th
Opening the DS-Internet settings is only a test. If you just see the setting menu, you can do the Fredminer method. No need to connect to WEP or unencrypted WiFi.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,
Reactions: blaisedinsd

oricon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opening the DS-Internet settings is only a test. If you just see the setting menu, you can do the Fredminer method. No need to connect to WEP or unencrypted WiFi.

I followed the guide and im on the japanese flipnote and i did the instructions in the tutorial slides and im stuck on green screen

edit: i got it working.

Last edited by oricon,

Cristagally

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone. I hope everyone is enjoying this sunday with this high temperature. 20° in February is not really common in Europe.

I ordered a R4 Gold Pro "real time saving" 2019 on wish. First time I oredred something on wish and I was pretty sure it was a scam, especially for 3€. In fact, less than 1 week after, I received the card below. The card seems legit. But I'm still a noob and need a little help.

My goal: play virtual console game for now (.CIA files I guess). I would like to play Nes, SNes, GB titles only for now. I found some CIA files, like this: "Castlevania Ⅱ Simon_s Quest EUR (00040000000bdc00).cia". Do I simply need to copy/paste on the card or do I need to do something else? I'm a bit confused right now, and don't want to brick my 3ds, especially because it's brand new. :hateit:

To be honest, i'm a bit lost to understand the difference between the Linker and CFW. I understand that i need (sometime) a linker to install a CFW, but what is the goal of the CFW if the linker can launch all the game?

Thanks for your help, have a nice day. :)

11.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol