1. NFates

NFates Wants to understand™

Dominican Republic
    Cakewalk-level easy. Here is the recommendedguide.

It doesn't matter which system you choose. The one you like the most, I guess? Maybe both?

2. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    3ds noob here so......
    I intend to follows 3ds hacks guide instruction and my brand new 2DS XL has firmware 11.6.0
    Rather than purchasing a compatible flashcart, can I just connect wifi, update to latest (11.9.0?) and follow the frogminer route?

thanks for any assistance
    :)

3. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Yes

fatherjack likes this.
  4. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    Yep you sure can

fatherjack likes this.
  5. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thx!

and just before I start - Steel Divers : Sub Wars is STILL available on eshop?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2019
  6. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    you are welcome and I now have the need to say

drink feck arse girls.

Lol nobody outside of Great Britain or Ireland will have a clue why I said that lol.

fatherjack likes this.
  7. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    and just before I start - Steel Divers : Sub Wars is STILL available on eshop?

8. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Should be unless Nintendo took it down, you need an NNID by the way to download it.

9. fatherjack

fatherjack GBAtemp Fan

United States
    will wiiU one do?

10. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Just create a seperate one, if you haven't linked one to the 3ds. If your 3DS get ban your wii u get ban, so keep them seperate. Atleast if they ban you they gotta go hunting for the rest of your accounts.

fatherjack likes this.
  11. GeeKeD

GeeKeD Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    So i has been a while since I been part of this community. Last upgrade i did to my new 3ds was to 11.2.0-35u and now it looks like 11.4.0u is needed to play Ultra Sun. So I been trying to peruse the net for a clean tutorial from this to the other and i cant find one. Can you please help me figure out to upgrade to 11.4.0u from 11.2.0-35u orr if i really need it to be upgraded that far to begin with.

Any help is good help. Thanks in advance.

12. AwesomeSaucemGuy

AwesomeSaucemGuy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    What would be the contents and characteristics of an illegitimate CIA?

13. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    One that does not have a legit nintendo signed sig. Basically all of them that dont come preloaded on a console

14. AwesomeSaucemGuy

Canada
    So this excludes all games? If that’s the case, getting a game cia from anywhere is always a legit cia that you can go online with, unless it’s been tampered or hacked?

15. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    Pretty much all games are fine to go online with. Simply none that are early releases.

AwesomeSaucemGuy likes this.
  16. AwesomeSaucemGuy

Canada
    So basically close to all game cias are legit cias that won’t get you banned by using online and that early release games are never meant to be used online until official release in hopes of not getting banned?

17. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen The Backup Reminder

Germany
    CIAs you build yourself from cartridges or download from illegal sources are normally not legit CIAs (but won’t lead to a ban and going online is fine).

Legit CIA means valid ticket/valid signature. A legit installed CIA continues to work after uninstalling CFW (BAD IDEA!) which patches the signature checks. There are two kinds of legit CIAs:
    • Signed for a single console (titles bought on the Eshop)
    • Signed for all 2/3DS consoles (the preinstalled games @lone_wolf323 mentioned and system titles like the Home Menu itself, the crappy internet browser, Face Raiders, Download Play,…)
    GodMode9 can build legit CIAs from system titles (should be universal) and paid Eshop games (only usable for the console you build them on).
    Normally you should use the option “Build CIA (standard)” when dumping your games and only use the “Build CIA (legit)” for dumping system titles and maybe paid Eshop content (but it remains usable only on this particular console, so standard is still the better option)

A little warning: Do not play around with system titles, especially if you don’t have a (recent) NAND-backup and an ntrboot flashcart.

18. WallsAreLiquid

Newcomer

Russia
    I've not used my 3DS for some time. Now I want to play. There was firmware 11.6 with B9S and Luma3DS.
    I've updated Luma Updater. Next i've updated Luma3DS to 9.1 with it (giving permission to touch CTR-NAND) and FW to 11.9.
    I've deleted some old homebrew and reinstalled fresh CIAs with FBI (Checkpoint, ftpd).
    Did I've missed something or I am geared up?

19. liamurenyt
    This message by liamurenyt has been removed from public view by Foxi4, Jan 13, 2019, Reason: Requesting warez links is strictly prohibited.
    Jan 13, 2019 Show
  20. soguyswedidit

soguyswedidit Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Hi,
    So I have an EU N3DS which I bought my EU copy of triforce heroes for, meaning to paly online w/ my american friend (NA N3DSXL), and I have latest Luma CFW installed through steelhax, and I've got myself a US copy of Triforce Heroes, and it won't let me play online, how can I do this?

21. HE1NZ

HE1NZ GBAtemp Regular

Serbia, Republic of
    Can I install Twilight Menu and play DSiWare in nds format on 3DS? Any other means? I recently find out I can't hack actual DSi to play them.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - questions, PARADISE,