KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My New 2DS XL finally arrive :wub:

But 32GB Kingston micro SD didn't, that is why I have another quick question. Should I hack my console with 4GB card that was already inside and replace it next week when i get hold on my 32GB card, or just wait this few days and install Luma on 32GB? I don't know if i can just switch my card after installing Luma...
Go ahead and install B9S/Luma. 4GB is enough to do it and install some smaller games. As soon as your bigger card arrives it's just copy and paste from the old to the new micro-SD.

mod3scard.com or nds-card. both website need a credit card cant pay via paypal
any one has a website for me than i can pay with paypal or ideal thanks

is this a good one but it doesnt support my firmware https://www.r4flashkaarten.com/R4i_Gold_3DS.html
11.8.0-41e
Paypal does not like Flashcarts. It is against their rules. In the past nds-card supported payment via Paypal with some tricks, but as soon as Paypal finds out, they suspend the account. But on mod3dscard there is this text (I do not know if it really works):
mod3dscard.com said:
USA/EU warehouses, Credit Card/Paypal Payment and exclusive Game Code service, stock Xecuter SX Pro!
I don't know if any other sellers are trutworthy.
https://www.r4flashkaarten.com/R4i_Gold_3DS.html
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This is a little overpriced, but it is almost the same card as the (newer) R4i Gold 3DS Plus. The older variant does not have the internal switch for ntrboot. The "+" is just for the ntrboot thing. Everything else is the same. It will work with any firmware, this I can say for sure because I have the older cart. No problem with 11.9. The site you linked is just not updated. Like I already said: If it runs on 7.0.0-13, it runs on any firmware.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone that has tried higher than 200 gb??
256 GB SD cards have been tested and used without problems. No reports of 400 GB, 512 GB, and future 1 TB yet, but those are expected to work with very slow load times. Check my signature for bargain sales. If you get a 128 GB or larger card, you can reformat it as FAT32 + 64 KB cluster size. Just don't use 64 KB cluster size on a 64 GB or smaller card.

Reactions: FanNintendo

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
256 GB SD cards have been tested and used without problems. No reports of 400 GB, 512 GB, and future 1 TB yet, but those are expected to work with very slow load times. Check my signature for bargain sales. If you get a 128 GB or larger card, you can reformat it as FAT32 + 64 KB cluster size. Just don't use 64 KB cluster size on a 64 GB or smaller card.[/QU
256 GB SD cards have been tested and used without problems. No reports of 400 GB, 512 GB, and future 1 TB yet, but those are expected to work with very slow load times. Check my signature for bargain sales. If you get a 128 GB or larger card, you can reformat it as FAT32 + 64 KB cluster size. Just don't use 64 KB cluster size on a 64 GB or smaller card.
Great thanks that what i need know and it sounds like PSP issue

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WoAohhh!! Back up for a moment. What does the Sony PSP has to do with the Nintendo 3DS?

Are you trying to use Memory Stick Pro Duo adapter with micro SD cards for your PSP system?
No im saying that i tried 200 gb on psp and will not work so i tried 128 gb i succesfull so i dont want to do same jinx with 3DS so im going ahead do 200 GB on 3DS LOL

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Under 4 GB *.3ds files can be converted with GodMode9.

You can also use 3DS Simple CIA Converter.
Read that thread's later posts about dumping the boot9.bin and skipping the nonsense using ncchinfo.bin.[/QUOTE
which is better ?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Under 4 GB *.3ds files can be converted with GodMode9.

You can also use 3DS Simple CIA Converter.
Read that thread's later posts about dumping the boot9.bin and skipping the nonsense using ncchinfo.bin.
i just want do on PC not on 3DS GODMOD9

scph-c102

Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Hy guys! Need some advice with 3ds hacking. Bought new3ds that had 11.3 so i hacked it using soundhax method. Some time later i updated A9LH to B9S. I did everything as guide said and I successfully hacked my system. While on hacked 11.9 I decided to uninstall hax so i followed the guide (godmode9 megascript uninstall). Uninstalled hax successfully so i formated SD and system storage. Now I should be on stock 11.9 but when I try to hack it again using frogminer method i got stuck at frog tool (brick avoided because arm9loaderhax was detected). Any suggestions before i buy flashcart and try ntrboot.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just want do on PC not on 3DS GODMOD9
You need CFW to dump the boot9.bin from the 3DS system. Afterwards, you use it with 3DS Simple CIA Converter to convert *.3ds roms into *.cia ones.

Hy guys! Need some advice with 3ds hacking. Bought new3ds that had 11.3 so i hacked it using soundhax method. Some time later i updated A9LH to B9S. I did everything as guide said and I successfully hacked my system. While on hacked 11.9 I decided to uninstall hax so i followed the guide (godmode9 megascript uninstall). Uninstalled hax successfully so i formated SD and system storage. Now I should be on stock 11.9 but when I try to hack it again using frogminer method i got stuck at frog tool (brick avoided because arm9loaderhax was detected). Any suggestions before i buy flashcart and try ntrboot.
Oh, that can happen due to false alarm. Check this post and the rest of that thread in double checking you're positively sure you don't have CFW.

Reactions: scph-c102

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need CFW to dump the boot9.bin from the 3DS system. Afterwards, you use it with 3DS Simple CIA Converter to convert *.3ds roms into *.cia ones.

Oh, that can happen due to false alarm. Check this post and the rest of that thread in double checking you're positively sure you don't have CFW.
Which CFW is better lumas3ds or ntr cfw?

nyrang

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi all, I have a new 2ds xl running on 11.5 and an old R4 Revolution cart from 2007. If I upgrade to 11.9 and mod it using Frogminer, will I be able to use my flash cart to load DS games or will I need a more recent model anyway?
Also for curiosity, why does Plailect suggest using Frogminer on 11.9 in his guide, even if I understand ntrboot is still working with it? Is boot9strap any easier or safer to install?
(and yes, atm I'm very undecided whether to upgrade to 11.9 or not since I don't want to cut off any possibility for the future....)

Agharta30

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im currently transitioning file from a sd card to another and wanted to know if "Cache>Firefox>cache2> loads of file encrypted and random name" can be deleted or is it part of something in 3ds i dont remember at all having this file ages ago (might be from the phone as i use it as a dock for micro sd as my desktop doesn't have sd slot etc), can i delete it as it take ages to copy said file as there's a LOT of em.

Exagon

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Can I update Stargate install files before I install CFW? How about updating Luma? The guide is vague on the files and what to use on in what directory.

Thank you in advance.

nyrang

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I upgrade to 11.9 and mod it using Frogminer, will I be able to use my flash cart to load DS games
Okay, I eventually pulled the trigger because I figured there was nothing to lose by upgrading to 11.9. I'm happy to confirm that the R4 Revolution works perfectly on a CFW, thanks to the launchers posted by Apache Thunder.

deepfriedchips

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So i followed the hack guide and now have a hacked n3dsxl - very happy. Have now gone down the rabbit hole of a flashcart to play nds games on it, but im so confused by all the different types (and some with timebombs(!) no less). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Which one would suit my needs? No timebomb and able to play nds titles on my hacked n3dsxl. Thanks!

RozeMoon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New 3DS on 11.9.0-42U, Luma homebrew. Gold R4i+ 3ds/ds running wood. Looking for a reliable gba emu!!
It HAS to run off the R4 card -OR- be able to read the memory card in the R4 card. I have a 32gb SD card in my deck that's fairly full already so just running the games on the system is not an option unless the 3DS can read larger sd cards.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i followed the hack guide and now have a hacked n3dsxl - very happy. Have now gone down the rabbit hole of a flashcart to play nds games on it, but im so confused by all the different types (and some with timebombs(!) no less). Can anyone point me in the right direction? Which one would suit my needs? No timebomb and able to play nds titles on my hacked n3dsxl. Thanks!
Mostly recommended on GBAtemp is the “R4i Gold 3DS Plus” you can get at mod3dscard.com (right on the front page of GBAtemp) and nds-card.
  • Internal switch for ntrboot to hack 2/3DS systems. (Okay, you already hacked yours, but if you ever have to do another, it’s a lot faster than Frogminer and ntrboot can be used to undo even the worst kinds of software faults. This has been proven lately.)
  • Uses Wood kernel – no “timebomb”
  • Cheat support
  • Supports almost all DS games and has no problem with AP-“features” (Pokemon black/white 1/2 work without any problems)
  • RTS
The latest Wood kernel (1.64) is from the year 2013 and has not been updated since. But… there is nothing that needs to be updated. It just works.

A good alternative without any flashcart is TWiLight Menu++. It does not yet support all games, but it's very usable. Only downside: You have to patch newer ROMs which have anti-piracy-"features".

New 3DS on 11.9.0-42U, Luma homebrew. Gold R4i+ 3ds/ds running wood. Looking for a reliable gba emu!!
It HAS to run off the R4 card -OR- be able to read the memory card in the R4 card. I have a 32gb SD card in my deck that's fairly full already so just running the games on the system is not an option unless the 3DS can read larger sd cards.
There is mgba and Virtual Console injection (with New Super Ultimate Injector for 3DS). Both use the SD inside the console. Two things about this:
  1. GBA ROMs are fairly small (32MB maximum); there's a good chance you can still put some of them onto your card. (If using injection, pay attention to the 300 titles limit of the Home Menu, don't inject a ton of ROMs)
  2. Bigger SDs are no problem if you format them to FAT32, 32KB cluster size. Cards as large as 256GB have been reported to work (and bigger cards probably also would). Do not use 64KB clusters on a 64GB card. This leads to graphical glitches in GBA games. On larger cards 64KB clusters are okay (some people reported a slight speed improvement with 64KB clusters on very large cards).
You might (??) be able to use GBArunner with TWiLight Menu++ to run ROMs from the micro-SD inside the R4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr